Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    ..........when you had your sourjon from MWO did you find going back to AA like putting on a pair of comfy slippers?
    Have to say it did Jacks -- When I went first those few years ago I was distinctly uncomfortable -- beyond uncomfortable really... but my wonderful counsellor had told me that if there was something I wouldn't do for my sobriety -- my sobriety was potentially going to be at risk somewhere along the way.... who knows what we will encounter over the span of a lifetime.. so as with everything else - I couldn't say 'no' to going... and now I really really see the sense behind it. There genuinely is nothing I wouldn't do for my sobriety... AND -- at times of crisis I know where to go.. I understand the system... I know the groups I like and the ones I like less. Funnily enough from the get-go I felt more comfortable with the long time sober people - and one meeting in particular was more like a get together of old friends than a meeting for addicts -- but by god they were able to step up when needed. I discovered that when having a particularly awful time with one of my family... so yeah - I don't go very often -- but no stress if needed.... that would be my 'go-to' place... and that's really really important to me...
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening all!

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............was it a guy you or me knew that said he would show his bare backside in Marks & Spencer's window if it helped his sobriety?
        Of course the first person I met when I went to volunteer behind the reception desk at was the woman who had 12 stepped me more than once............I hated the very bones of her. I'd call her a friend these days.

The leek and potato soup I made has gone in the bin even Bess turned her nose up it was so horrible so I'm going back into the kit hen to make chicken and sweetcorn soup to take up to Scotland.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............was it a guy you or me knew that said he would show his bare backside in Marks & Spencer's window if it helped his sobriety?
          Of course the first person I met when I went to volunteer behind the reception desk at was the woman who had 12 stepped me more than once............I hated the very bones of her. I'd call her a friend these days.

The leek and potato soup I made has gone in the bin even Bess turned her nose up it was so horrible so I'm going back into the kit hen to make chicken and sweetcorn soup to take up to Scotland.
          Well my lovely Dermot..my counsellor..when I asked him did he hide the fact he was an addict from folks and he matter of factly told me that he would have ' my name is Dermot and I'm an alcoholic' tattooed on his forehead if that was what it took to keep him sober..not sure bout his bare backside:welldone:

Comment

I've always HATED leek and potato soup!!! Good move:congratulatory:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              I've always HATED leek and potato soup!!! Good move:congratulatory:
              It will never be made again. I had leeks, I had potatoes and was trying to frugal.

I can't sidle up to one of the blokes in AA and ask if it was them that wouldn't mind showing their backside off............or can I
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It will never be made again. I had leeks, I had potatoes and was trying to frugal.

I can't sidle up to one of the blokes in AA and ask if it was them that wouldn't mind showing their backside off............or can I
                HAHA! Course you can....don't be a wuss:applouse::welldone:
                Last edited by mollyka; January 24, 2020, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Night folks! Off on the razz tomorrow ..Will update progress then ;-)

Comment

Loved the Witcher
                    Molls - I started it but thought is was going to be too weird. May have another go !

Comment

Morning all--Off to Parkrun --Vegan banquet was fab, great people but it was a bit like an AA meeting with everyone talking about they had forsaken meat. (had to hide my pepperoni sausage Ha ha)

Comment

So long farewell aufwiedersen goodbyeeee. I flit I float....guess wot?! Off to see Sound of Music and night in posh hotel for my burfday!!! (Last August:applouse

Laters xxxx

Comment

Morning MsA .... I'm still in my boudoir - fair play to you - I'm a lazy lump these days.
                          My excuse today is I was working 'till 8 last night with the happily demented & the not so happily demented ( downright scary).
                          Anyone too close is liable to get a thick lip Especially moi - who is the bitch that won't open the door & let them out in the dark :egad:

Nice day today. Later going on the ' Wedding Dress Shopping Expedition' with my DD & 2 hyper bridesmaids.
                          No-one loves shopping more than me .... so :horse:

Comment

WHERE Molls ?????
                            COME BACK !!!!!!

Comment

Ah in the Big Smoke - Bord Gáis ?
                              that will be fantastic - a PERFECT day out IMO !!!!! Enjoy it !
                              Last edited by satz123; January 25, 2020, 05:13 AM.

Comment

So long farewell aufwiedersen goodbyeeee. I flit I float....guess wot?! Off to see Sound of Music and night in posh hotel for my burfday!!! (Last August:applouse
                                Laters xxxx
                                Are you 16 going on 17 ???? Enjoy.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X