Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Morning lovelies.
    Back already JC? Can't imagine how frosty Scotland is at this time of year.
    I love the freezer meal to come back to.
    I think I better get myself out of the house tomorrow. Completely absorbed in Mrs Fletcher and various YouTubery. I may well have to be surgically removed from the lounge when my backside grafts itself on.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning!
      Hip brill Missy... Needed it since I was about 40 ...lifelong arthritis from playing sports intensively apparently...but yeah..sore for bout 3 days...uncomfortable for a week or so and then norra bother... Double one could be a bit inconvenient for a while but really no biggie. You won't know yourself!
      Lovely waking up to super crispy hotel bed....herself has found Corrie omnibus so now....breakfast or swimming ??? Decisions decisions:welldone:

No idea you were so close to Scotland Jacks. I'd love that!
      Last edited by mollyka; January 26, 2020, 02:24 AM.
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone. Lucky you Molly, that was a lovely idea and something I have never thought of doing. Speaking of Scotland, going there in the summer, Isle of Skye and Isle of Harris. Better get moving now as going on a walk with a friend. Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

Comment

Oh lovely Rusters pals at work are going to Stornoway in Sept. Fab little Airb&b...
          Dya know..I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel in Dublin city centre....doubting myself now tho..may have done at one of the MWO meet-ups...not sure

Comment

Morning,
            [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........when we took you and Satz to Bamburgh you were only 8.9 miles away from Scotland. For some odd reason the official border is always full of Japanese tourists taking photos.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..............loved the Isle of Skye.............now I've got my handy calculator that's 352.7 miles away from our house. Took us 10 hours including stops. Went October and we had all four season in seven days. At one point we the car was making funny noises...........it was actaully the S&H snoring in the back seat. First time we ever went on holiday without Jenny and we had the cleanest and tidiest house ever seen when we got home.
            [MENTION=5944]Miss Behaving[/MENTION]...............Mr JC's got a hip replacement............best thing he ever did for himself. There was a bloke on his ward that had both done at once ............his reasoning was he couldn't be bothered to do it twice so get it over and done in one full swoop....so to speak.
            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........not a lot of frost. He's only been up there four years and they haven't really had a hard winter yet............no doubt when it happens I'll never hear the end of it................how are you going today, love.
            Waves to all and a few :hug:
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              this is The Molls Family later today :

Too funny satz! :harhar:

Comment

Late check in and also waving to everyone.
                Beyond tired today, I woke up late and have just had a snooze for an hour. I forget sometimes that I am getting old but expect to have the energy of a teenager!

We had a fabulous holiday a few years ago walking the Outer Hebridean islands. I had no idea how beautiful, unspoilt and friendly the scenery and people were.
                I am very fortunate not to have hip or knee problems considering the amount of running I keep doing although the experts/research say that is what has protected my joints. However they never knew my chequered history with booze.
                I am still appreciating these sober, hangover free days!

Comment

Evening all! Back in the bosom of my fambly ;-) -- really did have a lovely time -- given me the gag for booking a hollier tho -- been googling all sorts -- little matter of shag all money!!!

sodding sorry I didn't take tomorrow off... getting the Sunday evening bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuues - prolyl shudda got both hips done - yes you are lucky the running didn't impact on your joints MrsA -- I really felt 'SOD THAT' when they told me that was my problem! (not running obviously -- hate running -- just sport generally)
                  right - gonna watch Wisting………(spl?)

Comment

Hey Judey --- missed you there!

Comment

Morning All,
                      Happy to say I have made it off the lounge and into the garden JC! This is what long weekends are all about though. I've gotten myself into the habit of setting a programme for the whole day because I'm not hungover and I can! We've got to rest and be lazy sometimes though.

I found some old SMART recovery literature the other day which I'm going to have a flick through today. I always did like their systems and resources. Extremely well thought through.

Never been to an AA meeting. I live in a place where everyone knows everyone. For sure I would run into someone I know. Interesting why they are there themselves of course. And it has to be said that anyone who knows me is well aware I was a pisshead anyway, so no surprises there.

Anyway, off to see Bombshell later today.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Never been to an AA meeting either. I wouldn't be great standing up/sharing, doesn't really sound like me, but who knows..
                        Wish the weekend was longer....

Any good book recommendations anyone?
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning and waves to the underooos,
                          My tired is tired.............been up about an hour is it too soon for a nanna nap?
                          I'm re-reading Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth (thank you [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]) and got The Last of Tudors.....Phillipa Gregory on stand by.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Army and International Army.
                            I am less tired this morning JC. How do you account for your extreme tiredness Jackie? Are you anaemic ?
                            I understand re the not wanting to share at AA meetings Bridge and Mary. I also know too many people around here and when I did go I travelled to Chester and immediately met someone I knew and had delivered her baby!! Arghh.
                            I read everything re the sober life I can get my hands on.

Comment

I've never been to an AA meeting either. Like others have said, I'd be worried about seeing people that I know. Unfortunately, there is still a stigma attached to alcoholics. I wouldn't give a rats ass who I ran into at a smoking cessation clinic. It's also the reason that many of us make excuses at social gatherings when we decline that proffered glass of booze. We say, "I'm on a diet, or I've given it up for lent." Other than here at MWO, I have never been able to say, "I don't drink because I'm an alcoholic." I feel as though I have been honest with myself about my addiction, but fear the reactions of others. Something that I have to work on I guess....

Comment

Evening everyone. Working day over and need to get some food and have a good read back.. Hope you got that nana nap JC. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X