Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Evening,
    Molly will know the proper phrase but in an AA meeting ............its something like 'what you say here, see here or what you hear, stays here'

Our Whizzy, I'm just fed up with winter and the beggars have added another day in February to prolong the agony. My bloods taken the other week at my COPD chec have come back fine and dandy.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

What you say here, what you hear here, when you leave here, let it stay here...rarely if ever heard of anyone breaking that...
      Once I understood that I shouldn't feel shame but self respect in recovery I stopped thinking all that nonsense of 'who might see me'
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I've given up explaining myself for lent, Jude. I said no and if they try to hand me a glass I'll cross my arms and glare at them.

People break confidences all the time around here. I hear health professionals talking about well known people and their diseases. It's atrocious and they need reporting. Staff at the local Chemist shriek questions at you about your medication. I remember asking one if she could shout a bit louder because there was someone on the main road outside that didn't hear. I've just always assumed that someone or other at AA would get back on the turps and mouth off. Nobody seems to respect privacy any more.
        Reading back!
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning/evening. 7.25 here and looking chilly outside.
          As a very private person I do respect that the confidentiality held by AA. However like Bridge I also have heard my fellow health professionals breaking the confidentiality of patients and clients. I am sometimes reticent about posting here also! I guess we are all so different and that seems to have worked here for me.

Comment

I went to AA for a little bit (long before I ever found MWO) and came across a shit load of people I knew, including professional!! I actually found it a bit intimidating - I'd much rather spill my beans to people I don't know rather than those that I do :-)

On the other hand I don't find it at all difficult any more to be in a social situation without a drink - or to re-phrase; although I hate social situations I dont find it any more difficult to do it without drinking. In fact, not drinking appears to be the new black. Consumption of alcohol in NZ has completely plummeted amongst user-30s - although rates of cannabis consumption seem to be getting higher (and we are about to have a referendum on decriminalisation). There are also quite a lot of hipster-cool non-alcoholic drinks which are quite fun. They cast an arm and a leg; but I still need that feeling of "having a treat" at the end of the day and does the job of keeping me off the wine :-)
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              I'm just fed up with winter and the beggars have added another day in February to prolong the agony. My bloods taken the other week at my COPD chec have come back fine and dandy.
              I too am fed up of winter... well more specifically JANUARY -- it truly seems endless -- like it was the 20something of Jan 6 months ago... if you get my drift... that's great bout the bloods - does that have a signifier re. the COPD? is it easing? (know nothing bout it as an illness - just that as a smoker for quite a few years I probably dodged a bullet!)

edit -- oh yeah --- and tried to cheer myself up with talking about holliers with Joe last night (mostly pipe-dreams but.....) and the bugger got in a snit cos 'IT'S ONLY JANUARY' --- ffs -- I have spent more on holidays than I needed to for YEARS cos of his poxy shop and not being able to book ahead - now he sits around on his hole all day and IT'S TOO EARLY TO TALK ABOUT????? major hump on here!!!!
              Last edited by mollyka; January 28, 2020, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Morning,
                Its never too early to talk about hollidays.
                We've got a wee cottage booked for the last week in April on the Yorkshire coast.
                I actually looked at Antigua......it would be quicker to go to the moon from here and less expensive. Now all I'm getting on FB is pop ups of holidays to Antigua.
                Truth be told it depends on how long Bess lives. She's 15 and a half..............nigh on unheard of in Labrador land. She's too old to be kenneled and I can't leave her with family if the dreadful final decision day came..........if you get my drift.
                Deep down I'd like to go to Majorca............the only Balearic Isle we've never been to.

No idea if its to do with the COPD............just now my peak flow is getting better the further I get from the ciggies. I walk more without hanging on to walls wheezing for breath.

Our delightful conversation last night was about funerals.............blame last nights Silent Witness. It was all about cryogenics. I've opted out of that and gone for a swift cremation, no church shenagagans and if they want a party its up to them.
                Last edited by JackieClaire; January 28, 2020, 06:44 AM.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well I'm still to be in a pod under a tree of choice -(oak if they ask youse lot:welldone
                  I do get it about Bess - and it makes complete sense.. Well Georgia is MY Antigua --- and not even --- at least you googled it.. I have NEVER expressed ANY interest in going to Georgia - either online or offline.. but TripAdvisor and ALL their booking chums are intent on sending me to Tbilisi---- like NO -- not going there... in fact - I'm not going anywhere -- Jilly has dumped the booking of October on me - and then sighed yesterday 'oh I can't talk about that on a Monday' -- and I've told you bout himself.. so yeah - looking or booking NOTHING -- they can all stay at home till they start showing some appreciation:victorious:
                  Last edited by mollyka; January 28, 2020, 07:17 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].........duly noted in my where to bury people book.............its just beside the Bero cookery book and crochetfor beginners.
                    Had Bess been a younger dog my pal would have looked after her.
                    The Antigua thing was pricy but it only flew from Manchester (car parking fees) basically a day there and a day back............then a long flight so for 5 days for over £1800. Then up popped an offer to ring me.............I was fiddling on with my phone in bed as I couldn't sleep. It was 2am. I'm sure Mr JC would have been overjoyed waking up to me churning out nigh on £2K of his hard-earned cash. Its very pretty though,
                    You'd be talking to me through an ouija board.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. Prefer chatting to you through MWO JC, not into the ouija boards. I’ve my summer holiday booked. Thinking of taking the doggies with me but that depends on Brexit. Vets don’t know yet but could be all sorts of red tape regarding rabies and vaccinations. Most of it went over my head apart from something about retesting in 3 months which would impact on my travel plans. Not the end of the world if I can’t but totally see where you are coming from regarding Bess. On my lunch hour so just a quick check in.

Comment

Where you going Rusters? Make me sick jealous!!!!

Comment

Not to make anyone jealous but-- Because my husband has been so poorly we booked a carribean cruise for Christmas. I hated the thought of being stuck on a ship with hordes of people but it was a compromise.
                          We booked last minute ish (late November) and got a great deal cabin with a balcony for £1500 each. 15 days, flight to Barbados, all the food and a lovely Island every day including Antigua!.
                          All been back to normal since January 1st.
                          Off for a run this evening which keeps me sane!

Comment

ahha -- did you enjoy it MrsA? A cruise never appealed to me somehow... but I know that one of the attendants at work goes on them all the time and raves about them - he's done the Carribean and the Med and the Norwegian Fjords as well .. how did MrA find it? I'm guessing it could be lovely and relaxing if you chose it to be?

I have now decided I'm never again going on holidays with ANY of them haha!!!

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]...............not jealous at all, spoil yourselves...............by the way the S&H was asking after you the other day.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].............all you'll ever need to know..............although I have a great puzzlement on wtf you'd want to bring a ferret on holiday. Unless we're going to have a ferret shortage after Brexit and steal them from incomers.
                              Bringing your pet dog, cat or ferret to the UK - GOV.UK
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                I too am fed up of winter... well more specifically JANUARY -- it truly seems endless -- like it was the 20something of Jan 6 months ago... if you get my drift... that's great bout the bloods - does that have a signifier re. the COPD? is it easing? (know nothing bout it as an illness - just that as a smoker for quite a few years I probably dodged a bullet!)

edit -- oh yeah --- and tried to cheer myself up with talking about holliers with Joe last night (mostly pipe-dreams but.....) and the bugger got in a snit cos 'IT'S ONLY JANUARY' --- ffs -- I have spent more on holidays than I needed to for YEARS cos of his poxy shop and not being able to book ahead - now he sits around on his hole all day and IT'S TOO EARLY TO TALK ABOUT????? major hump on here!!!!
                                :harhar:

Comment

Working...
                                X