International Army February 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army February 2020

I just might get some more L-Glut NoSugar. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm back on NAC but not sure it's helping with sugar although I never even think about alcohol any more which is the main thing. I really really wish I had not started in on the white stuff again at Christmas. Sugar I mean, not cocaine.

Mary, your piccie above cracked me up.

We're just being affected financially at work. No other way. Well, no more than anyone else. Lots of talk of universal measures, handwashing, cough covering like the rest of the world. If people can't get that right then they'd best put their undies on their head like Mary's friend up there.

What are Nordies?
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning! Woken up feeling really tired . Thinking of going back to bed. Speak later.

Comment

Bridget, Nordies are Northern Irish people I think

Comment

Dead right MrsA...Nordies are from 'Norn Iron' haha...work it out...they have well thick accents up there!
          Going to get my hair cut...big event cos I've been growing out my shorning for MONTHS ...have the makings of a bob...very cited :welldone:3
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone. Must be the season for the hair. Got mine done yesterday and went back to short. Lashing here so walk cancelled. Might go later if it clears. Also have crochet class this morning. Another storm promised this weekend, where are they all coming from

Comment

Morning world,
              Just had a busy hour..............plaster came to give us a quote.............he's booked in for the middle of March. Honestly, the work he did on the stairs and landing the walls were like silk.
              Kitchen fitter been and gone..........the wibbly wobbly light's been fixed and the countertop been mended. Think this time he's secured it to the earth's core.

29th tomorrow..........iits the day that a woman can propose marriage.
              I actually knew a guy who had twin girls born on the 29th Feb.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].........go on back to bed. You must be exhausted. I'll uber a bacon sarnie round to you about 11:30am.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Bacon sarnie was delicious so welcome thank you Jackie. I went back to sleep and as I am on a marathon training plan I then went out and ran 6 miles in a gale with some sleet. (Smell the burning martyr) In fact I loved it.
                Mr A improving daily which is such a relief to both of us.
                Off to a running club quiz this evening which is usually hilarious, full of cheating and showing off. There is a bar but unhappily for the bar staff nobody buys any booze.
                See you later !

Comment

Oh I used to love table quiz's -- haven't been to one for YEARS -- back then we all used to HATE library team - the poxers always won... used to think they were real brain boxes -- errrmmm guessing they were just lucky:victorious:

Got the hair cut and it's lovely - it'll be fully bobbable by the next cut - still a wee bit short for it but really getting there -- and it's pink this week ;-)
                  Did a HUGE shopping - awaiting my 14 days quarantine from the Coronamob -- 14 days with nothing to do but eat and watch tele and read books... IN MY HOUSE???!!! My idea of HEAVEN!!!

Comment

I do love a bob Molly I had my hair cut shorter last year and am now growing it back to a bob. I think your pink hair sounds fab!

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                      I do love a bob Molly I had my hair cut shorter last year and am now growing it back to a bob. I think your pink hair sounds fab!
                      Awww thanks Whizzers...tbh I do be feeling my age a bit (lot!) lately...think it's because everyone I work with is younger than 35...and it can be a bit ..unsettling...feel a bit out of it I spose and NO fault of the normal crew (smellyjohn and Ruth excluded)..but I could nearly be their granny ffs!!!

Comment

That wee rant was re. the pink hair haha!! I quit colouring my hair about 3 years ago and for the first year I absolutely loved it - it was so freeing - had it really short and spiky and it was white white - hardly any grey bits at all -- almost funky looking -- and then... IT (or me) started to look and feel OLD --- I began feeling judged almost (hard to explain unless any of ye with a similar age have felt the same) - an irrelevant aul wan... so I started tinkering with my hair - pink - lilac - steel - tangerine - and I had fun.. but now... I just feel old anyways!! AND I HATE IT.

Now here's the thing (wonder if any of you relate to THIS?) -- it's like there's a chunk of years almost 'missing' in my life.. sort of 40-50 -- and yes - I was drinking in that period - but not problematically for a lot of it.. it's just...….. missing.. I have a friend who is 45 and I don't ever seem to have been her age/outlook etc.... what the feckin hell happened? I'm here now - I'm 63 on the outside and 33 on the inside (and I don't mean that as a cliché - I really feel it) - and I feel robbed... WTF happened..? answers on a postcard please:egad:

EDIT; Afternoon all!!! -- now MrsA -- that IS how one does 'all about me me me':woohoo2:
                        Last edited by mollyka; February 28, 2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Ahh, Molls. We're at a difficult age.........look back just ten years and at our age the highlight of the week we would be standing in a queue to pick our pensions up and watching documentaries about the 'good old days'. There's a seemingly clever bloke on TV who still thinks we retire at 60 and get our bus passes. We've become ghosts.
                          The powers that be don't have a clue about young people and they are totally bamboozled with older women with opinions. We don't all slink off and join the Women's institute..........we seem to disappear.
                          When my back's playing up I feel about 120,
                          I like new music, not all of it and surprised you didn't feel the draft off the raised eyebrows when I got Stormzy's CD. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it.
                          In fact I looked at my Chrstmas presents this year.............apart from the Stormzy CD, I got the Ironman boxset, a game boy and a cricket jumper (its ever so cosy) and it suddenly dawned on me I identify as an eleven year schoolboy.
                          I honestly don't know where I'm going with this but bear with me ...........we spent those years looking after our children, squeezing in work and missed a lot...........so its no wonder we're that the 30/40 years inside us surfaces.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; February 28, 2020, 03:49 PM.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

What's a shorning? Hair I'm presuming? Or a fringe? God I think I'll start a MWO thesaurus.
                            It's Saturday morning at last and I'm assuming the full weekend position - in bed with dogger, nice toast and bucket of coffee.

Satz and Rusters.....how are you going with WW? Are you still plodding along or are you buggarising around with it like I am?
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Shorning ..made up word for haircut;-)
                              Yes Jacks. ..in other words we're as confused and confusing as shagging teenagers!!
                              Your Sat sounds better than my Sat Bridge...I has to work and it's going to be chaos...unless Jorge does the job...night folks talk tomorrow xx

Comment

Did very good for the first 5 weeks and lost 9lb (4kg) but with trip away etc last week doing a bit of buggarising at the moment :sad: note to self get back on track.

Comment

Working...
                                X