FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Nytol is saving my life at the mo. AND we can now buy it in the Republic yay!!!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Nytol is saving my life at the mo. AND we can now buy it in the Republic yay!!!!
      I was going to offer to send some over...........but the queue at Boots was massive.

I've got Sominex........three months time we'll be dithering whether to go to NA or AA.

Oddly enough, where we get the dog food also sells wool.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Can't imagine going to a meeting in all of this - achully -- wonder are they cancelled??? fecking horrifying that for a lot of people!
        Joe is doing the whole 'I'm fine -- I'm not anxious/bothered anything' and I sort of wish he'd just 'fess up to feeling SOMETHING off -- I just feel like such a whingebag

going to get lunch -- highlight of the day -- talk later
        Last edited by mollyka; March 28, 2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

They're cancelled up here Molls. There's a WhatsApp group going on.
          Th chef down at the place I used to work is getting donations of fruit and veg etc from the markets..............he cooks all day..........leaves it outside about for those that are rough sleepers and they help themselves.
          The needle exchange is still open.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Some wonderful initiatives. Someone set up a go fund me for the front line staff and they are delivering food to them. Some Wool shops are delivering online orders if you are stuck Molly.

Comment

We're cleaned our knobs and knockers this morning just for the delivery people/postmen.............they knock ...........leave on the doorstep.

Where's Stirly this morning???? or afternoon or whatever time it is.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just got off a family chat. Daughter had one hell of a journey back from Africa managed the last plane out and some of the others she was with had to stay. Her cards went missing in Johannesberg. Border controls at each stop interrogated her and nearly prevented her from boarding next plane. Norway was delighted to have her back however, she had no card or phone to pay for a taxi. A good friend paid £200 for her taxi!
                She is now happily in isolation cards and money all sorted and new phone also sorted. She is in a lovely apartment with a balcony and friends visiting from a safe distance under her balcony.
                I slept 12 hours uninterrupted.
                We got a food parcel from the government this morning as Mr A is Medically extremely vulnerable. I cannot shop either due to my age and being his designated carer.
                Apart from that we are OK.

Comment

Evening all good news Whiz. Hopefully she can look back at it as an adventure..
                  Might look into the online wool rusters thank you
                  Not much else hope you all ok xx
                  Last edited by mollyka; March 28, 2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Waves to the world,
                    Quite here today...........anyone elses's sleep pattern gone down the toilet?

Rather than fancy dress zooming or facetiming or whatever..............how's about doing it naked?
                    Yes and ...erm....no. Also the lines between work and home have rapidly segued together. Those strict rules of mine will have to come into play this week.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                      I'd like to know what you're wearing too.

Hola everyone. Hope all are going ok.
                      I'm wearing sleepwear by designer KMart these days and into the foreseeable. Including work conferencing. Boo Hoo.

How are you going mate?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                        Afternoon JC and Molly. :hug: it is surreal, walked the doggies and Guards were at entrance of woods, it’s closed. Walked on road instead. No cyclists, very few cars. What a change. Can’t even settle to do my crocheting, read etc but I am sleeping. Take care of yourself and your loved ones.
                        Rusty-woman, I'm so sorry. I know how much that place means to you and is your sanity. The big advantage that we all have is being a bit introverted. I feel so sorry for people who need the outside world to feel normal. The extroverts will be really suffering over the coming months.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Sorry all you lovely people about all being about me and mine! Reading back we are all in the same situations. Good news is that it might be a turn around on getting booze! None in our food parcel Ha ha , Not sure if the supermarkets have alcohol now? So sorry for the homeless and all their ongoing addiction problems. Keep posting X

Comment

Just putting together the shepherds' pie for the in-laws.............we'll tell them eventually how hard it is to find shepherds at the moment.They don't half squeal in the mincer.

His Dad now wants £5 in small change.........is he going to tip Mr. JC when he does his deliveries

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]..........brilliant news. You must have been beside yourself. :hug:

Had to notifications off the family Whatsapp group this afternoon........there's only so much group 'jolliness' I can do...........I'm getting better.

Brimming with excitement for the zoom meeting tomorrow..........not.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all, just reading back about a dozen pages, seems everyone is ok?
                              Have stayed home from work all week and not been outside the gates, just thankful I have a big garden to play in. Heard news of a man we know locally passed from the virus on Thursday. It seems so inhumane that his loved ones couldnt spend the last moments with him. But this is the evil bastard virus we are fighting against. I fear it won’t be the only person locally to die.
                              Sorry for the depressing post, but it really does somehow take it to a new level when it’s on your doorstep.
                              So it is good all the work that needs doing in the garden and odd jobs around the house, it is so important to keep busy I think. People who just sit and watch tv all day and vegetate doesn’t bear thinking about two weeks down the line. I was speaking to a Garda (police) sergeant, I know, last week and he said they are concerned about a big increase in domestic violence coming from families being stuck indoors together for so long.
                              Jeez cheerful sod ain’t I.
                              Good night ladies.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

That's very sad, Tabbers. I heard the stats from Italy this morning from overnight and they were so horrendous that I'm not even going to repeat them here. Profoundly upsetting news. The Australian press flagged an early rise in the reporting of domestic violence, no doubt linked with the early rise of people running off to the bottle-o.

Funny, the first thing I bought at the beginning of this saga was dog food. Three very large bags. Is that hoarding?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X