Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Morning and waves to the world.
    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].....ta for the veggie curry......leaving broccoli and stilton soup for you tomorrow.

Just walked into Mr JC's 'office' at at the top of my voice said...........'gawd I haven't half got an itchy backside'..............only to be shushed and told he was on the phone to a client. :egad:
    This working from home is harder than you think.

Its payday today but no payday shopping.

Back when I'm more awake.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning. Veg curry for me too.

My two daughters living in England are teachers and the poor kids who have to go in to school are isolated (distanced) from each other. Not getting taught

They have to do online lessons for their classes who are at home and then home school their own children.

Daughter in Norway coping well with the help of friends and the bank of Mum and Dad.( She had her cards stolen)

Still grateful for this sober life and you lot!

Comment

Evening..how's everyone feeling? Honestly? We can unload here you know xxx
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening everyone. Unsettled is how I would describe it. I have been to work the last two days and it’s like ghost town. Lucky in one way to be getting out of the house but being out brings its own worries. Taking all the necessary precautions but it is a worry. Going to get up early and do a nice walk with the doggies. Also planning healthy meals for the coming week and go back to meditation.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
            Evening everyone. Unsettled is how I would describe it. I have been to work the last two days and it’s like ghost town. Lucky in one way to be getting out of the house but being out brings its own worries. Taking all the necessary precautions but it is a worry. Going to get up early and do a nice walk with the doggies. Also planning healthy meals for the coming week and go back to meditation.
            Unsettled -- yeah -- I get that - never a moment of 'ah that's nice' even having a cup of tea in the morning - or listening to the birds -- it's a constant state of anxiety for me.. just heard - we've 17 dead today - that's a colossal jump no matter what way they paint it.. I'm still waiting to be told where I'm going to be working and I just wish they'd get on with it.. definitely adding to the anxiety for sure.. all the ex-addicts inbred traits are rattling round in my head - 'what if I'm not good enough, what if I can't find the place, what if... what if...' -- ENOUGH -- just stop it!!!!
            I went to the supermarket yesterday and like you - even tho being out of the house does bring its own worries it was quite nice to just play at being 'normal' for a little while - planted potatoes and garlic today - started on my pots.. but overall I'm in a general state of lethargy.. ENOUGH I say!!!

Good for you with the meditation.. tried mindfulness and OMG -- just remember an expression that used to be bandied around here 'my heads like a washing machine' --- so true -- CAN'T empty it!! ENOUGH!!

Watching Blood - Joe has it recorded -- pure confusing it is I'd say I'll be re-watching all these things when this is over -- when it's over???? ENOUGH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              Evening..how's everyone feeling? Honestly? We can unload here you know xxx
              Unsettled and can't concentrate. Found out a beautfil word to describe it ............ennui
              I'm watching TV.........but not actually watching TV as nothing is sinking in. if you get my drift. So I'm crap at Homeland.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]..........Jenny's doing her other classes on line.................what amazes her is that her kids are actually listening. They're bored senseless.

Spoke to her today and we're having a 'virtual' dinner party for my birthday in a couple of weeks........its all very odd as we never really bother.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Unsettled and can't concentrate. Found out a beautfil word to describe it ............ennui
                I'm watching TV.........but not actually watching TV as nothing is sinking in. if you get my drift. So I'm crap at Homeland.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]..........Jenny's doing her other classes on line.................what amazes her is that her kids are actually listening. They're bored senseless.

Spoke to her today and we're having a 'virtual' dinner party for my birthday in a couple of weeks........its all very odd as we never really bother.
                Haha. Laughing bout the virtual dinner party and yeah...my two older boys can go walk about for even a couple of weeks normally...they're on so much more now...

Realise I never knew what ennui meant ...thought it was something else altogether...so yeah just looked up definition...nice one Jacks..Will endeavour to use it casually tomorrow:welldone:

Comment

I've also been using the word perview a lot.
                  Got to nip of for a bit.........if you can get The Windsors...........have a look. Its hilarious.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all - I feel ok about it all.
                    When you're out in it it seems normal. Everyone is adapting - it's great to see. I think if I was at home all the time listening to the news I'd become obsessed & crack up.

Caught up in the of 'all in this together' vibe I told the bitch of an owner today to STOP talking down to me & other people. Started off because as I was trying to have a phone conversation she asks me who I was talking to. I was RAGING at her rudeness.
                    Ended up me telling her that her condescending manner really upsets a lot of the younger girls just trying to earn a living. That she has no right to speak to anyone like that. I was a bit 'fish wifey' because she maintained this turned up nose. Even as the words were coming out I couldn't stop and I was saying to myself "that's it Satz you're a gonner" but I didn't care..
                    In the end she apologised that she didn't know she was being condescending (lie) and I said sorry for raising my voice (lie). And it was left at that.

Spoke to a 93 year old today.
                    He said FFS - I lived through some shit in my life including WW2 and I'm sick of these spoiled brats complaining because they are asked to stay in a nice house for a few weeks. "Get a grip says he."...:haha:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                      Realise I never knew what ennui meant ...
                      I don't even know how to pronounce it !
                      Give me a sentence now with ennui innit ..................
                      Last edited by satz123; March 31, 2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Good morning everyone. I’m ok just feeling a little ennuai . Thanks JC for keeping our grey matter working.

Guess you are at the front line Satz, day to day life has to go on, puts it all in perspective. Well done on calling the owner on her bad behavior. How is your Mom? Speaking of bad behavior, some people still are not getting it. Local Garda had a picture of a car parked up near the sugar loaf, seems some guy had never climbed it so he drove up from Meath to do it yesterday. No wonder the guards are patrolling these roads so much. Going out now to walk the doggies down the road. If idiots like the above keep pulling those kind of stunts we will end up like Spain only able to walk them 50 metres. On the side, I am lying here in bed listening to the dawn chorus and it is fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          I've also been using the word perview a lot.
                          Got to nip of for a bit.........if you can get The Windsors...........have a look. Its hilarious.
                          I love the Windsors. There's probably another season sitting there now so thanks for the reminder.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Oh Satz, that made me laugh. The 93 year olds of the world must be just rolling their collective eyes about the toilet paper scenario. They didn't have any for YEARS. Or tea bags. Or FOOD!
                            Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; April 1, 2020, 02:10 AM.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning Troopers!!

Wishing you all an agreeable and untroubled April. It's Spring! New life will be or has already started - flowers on many trees, buds on the grapevines, tiny new leaves on the fig trees. Birds returned from warmer climes. A testament to the fact that no matter what, life goes on.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              I don't even know how to pronounce it !
                              Give me a sentence now with ennui innit ..................
                              On wee!

You did right to give that person a piece of yer mind, Satzy. Some people need to be brought down a notch or two. She has to realize that all of you are working in a difficult situation and that every single one of you are vital to the place running smoothly and the residents being cared for properly. Possibly the only person that could really be missing and no one would notice is herself since the rest of the staff know their job and know what they have to do!

Love what the old-timer said! Yep - having to amuse yourself for a couple of weeks is nothing compared to being in a mine-field somewhere thousands of miles from home. Maybe those younguns should think what all of this would be like without electricity and cell phones, etc. Imagine their ennui under those circumstances [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] !!! (There - I used it in a sentence for you!)

Back to the ledgers for now. Catch up with youz laterz.... :horse:

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

:applause2: Go [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] Go!!
                                Her ego will be bruised but you know what, maybe it will be the making of her. Sometime we all need a bit of correction.

Great word, thank you [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. I have fleeting moments of Emmui (is that used correctly?), but Im so fecking busy here, I dont have time to dwell on things, so that helps. I suppose its not unlike giving up the booze. When I was really busy, I wouldnt notice it and cravings would pass quickly. When I had time to think, I thought about nothing else.
                                Maybe adopting NS's 3Ps would be an option for Anxiety. Problem is, there is nothing else on the news, no sport etc. Everything comes back to Covid. So its a challange.

Trying to get them all moving a bit in the evenings, when enthusiasm for everything has dwindled... I've put a job list on the fridge for the week and told them all they have to cook a dinner a week. So far so good. Family are doing whats app challenges, Situps, push ups.. Their various clubs are doing their own challenges. All helps to pass the time. Its not the worst for kids.

I am SICK of cooking.

My folks put it on whatsapp this morning that they were going to chance a trip to my brothers in Galway. There was murder! April fools :haha:
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X