Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    Sorry but I had a chuckle at that Stirls. It's your reaction more than anything - you'd have to worry about the mentality there ?
    Satzy, I laughed long and hard, myself. This is a woman who's life and thoughts centre around herself and what "picture" others see when they look at her. She thinks that others would be impressed that she was making a statement by naming the fish after dictators. What they really think is that she's bat-sh&t crazy!!! :exclaim::egad::eek-new:
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Well having decided to take the day off - I said I wasn't feeling well & wouldn't be in - I get a call from my boss - IMO severely over-reacting.
      "Ring your doctor : there are hidden symptoms : you were looking pale last few days"-
      "was I"?
      "Yes remember I said it to you" - ( she didn't)
      "ok" but I know my own body at my age....

So a doctor consultation on the phone .....
      "cough" ? No
      "temp" ? No
      "sore throat" ? No
      "diarrhea" ? No
      €40 later - yer grand no need for testing.

I'll think again before taking time off because I'm tired.
      Me & Rosie having a lie down after that
      I bet Rosie is tickled pink to have you home and all to herself. She really is a sweetie!!! :heart:

Comment

@satz123..............I apologise for my saying 'matter' I know how much your mum means to you............there is some news over here that end of life visitors will be allowed...........I hope its going to be the same for you. Have one of these
        Thanks Jacks - life's too short .....
        Because I'm not a natural worrier, because I go to work where the virus is & have to face it head on but see life for the elderly carrying on - maybe I forget others get anxious about it all.

I promise to curtail posts here that would be considered by some as scaremongering.

Comment

Thanks, Satz, means a lot.
          There's some big meeting of the government this aftie.............NI has decided to keep lockdown for another three weeks. I would put good money we'll do the same.
          Of course, me and Mr. JC will have our usual discussion on why Wales, Scotland & NI have their own mini-parliaments and England doesn't...............I switch off after a while as he uses long words and I wander off to do important stuff like pair the socks.

Still very grateful that we live far up north we've plenty of room. Social distancing is a doddle and really we don't like each other much either.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Social distancing is a doddle and really we don't like each other much either.
            You and Mr. JC or the Geordies in general?

Comment

Social distancing is a doddle and really we don't like each other much either.
              Yeah same here ...... I love not being harassed by people just wanting to 'chat'. The residents do enough of that to do me for 24 hours.
              However I do notice as I get older I'm very good at initiating 'the chat' in random places but my house is my quiet place.

Told yiz I was odd - MrS says so :haha:
              He's delighted with the sunshine and off 'doing' at the top of the road - because he's run out of garden.

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                You and Mr. JC or the Geordies in general?
                With Mr JC it depends what he's done

Naw not really. We'll talk to anyone.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Molls and Satz will tell you when I was with them a few years back I would talk to anyone. I'd disappear into a shop and come out 20 minutes later and know all about the assitant's mother's bad back. While they were tapping their feet outside.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yeah same here ...... I love not being harassed by people just wanting to 'chat'. The residents do enough of that to do me for 24 hours.
                    However I do notice as I get older I'm very good at initiating 'the chat' in random places but my house is my quiet place.
                    Funny enough, I can talk the leg off of a cow - ye probably noticed :smile: - but like you, Satzy, I don't much like people just up and talking to me for the sake of talking. Prefer to pick and chose who I'll have a natter with....
                    Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Molls and Satz will tell you when I was with them a few years back I would talk to anyone. I'd disappear into a shop and come out 20 minutes later and know all about the assitant's mother's bad back. While they were tapping their feet outside.
                    I can defo picture that...!!! I so wanted to meet up with you girls - just couldn't manage the flight! Claustrophobia and all. So I think that we need to plan a meet up in Greece. Mebbe like next spring/summer to celebrate someone's 65th birthday....

Comment

Used to take me half a bottle of vodka and a few swift wines in departure to get on the plane...........once I got sober the anxiety went.
                      I was only 12 wrrks sober when I went to Belfast to meet up with Mario and Opal. I was more anxious about them not turning up.
                      Try hypnosis............just a thought and I've got a feeling some of the major airlines have classes.
                      Right must be off..........lack if sleep is just like having a banging hangover.
                      Last edited by JackieClaire; April 16, 2020, 02:17 PM.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Funny enough, I can talk the leg off of a cow - ye probably noticed :smile: - but like you, Satzy, I don't much like people just up and talking to me for the sake of talking. Prefer to pick and chose who I'll have a natter with....

I can defo picture that...!!! I so wanted to meet up with you girls - just couldn't manage the flight! Claustrophobia and all. So I think that we need to plan a meet up in Greece. Mebbe like next spring/summer to celebrate someone's 65th birthday....
                        The answer to that is yes - Greece !!!

Comment

Afternoon all! Nothing to report! Except lovely weather and not feeling stressed or bored.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                            Afternoon all! Nothing to report! Except lovely weather and not feeling stressed or bored.
                            Excellent news Mrs. A. As they say - no news is good news!!!

The answer to that is yes - Greece !!!
                            I live 15 minutes from the beach and 30 minutes from the centre of Athens. Bus stops 50 metres away takes you both directios. My place will sleep 5 easily and my car fits 5 as well. So get a plan in action, Ladies. We could be Thelma and Louise on a bigger scale. We just don't go off the cliff at the end.... :smile:

Comment

Excellent news Mrs. A. As they say - no news is good news!!!

I live 15 minutes from the beach and 30 minutes from the centre of Athens. Bus stops 50 metres away takes you both directios. My place will sleep 5 easily and my car fits 5 as well. So get a plan in action, Ladies. We could be Thelma and Louise on a bigger scale. We just don't go off the cliff at the end.... :smile:
                              I LOVE GREECE! Supposed to be at a wedding in Ithaca in June.

Comment

:heartbeat: Greece...especially a wee island called Aegina.

Under another three week lock down. Hey ho..........
                                [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].....'they' still haven't given any details of the end of life visiting as far as I can see its just a headline at the mo.

Just done the 8 pm clap for the NHS and key workers............Bess barked all the way through it.....had the neighbours laughing......she was doing her part for the vets still at work. I always fill up with tears.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]......you sound positive.............I'm up and down all day but not as much as earlier this week.....its progress....might try for an early night.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X