Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
    It sounds like the woman is revealing to everyone that she’s the one with the problem, Bridget. I doubt anyone thinks your boy or the others are at all at fault but it still must be hard to have the whole thing brought up again. What kind of gardening do you do in fall? Or are you somewhere that is pretty warm year round?

I loved your post, Fickle. We seem to have similar approaches and have made similar decisions. We even have some favorite books in common. I loved the Lewis book and will now be ordering Gray’s on your recommendation - thanks!
    Me too : LOVED that post [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - I do the IF in the same way. I think that may be why I'm not 300lbs and diabetic.
    I'll be buying both ....
    Last edited by satz123; April 19, 2020, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Morning,
      I actually set the alarm to get me back into some rhythm of the day......I ignored it.

This is where I should be waking up today..................Driftwood Cottage | Hinderwell | North York Moors And Coast | Self Catering Holiday Cottage
      Obviously had to cancel......though I was a tad upset it'll still be standing next year........if we'd gone I may not have been.

Chancer is better than Outy (makes me think of belly buttons.)

Mr. JC's off to his mother's with their shopping..............he sits halfway up the garden and they chat (shout at each other) through a window. Its still freezing here so he's taken his hat.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Morning,
        I actually set the alarm to get me back into some rhythm of the day......I ignored it.

This is where I should be waking up today..................Driftwood Cottage | Hinderwell | North York Moors And Coast | Self Catering Holiday Cottage
        Obviously had to cancel......though I was a tad upset it'll still be standing next year........if we'd gone I may not have been.

Chancer is better than Outy (makes me think of belly buttons.)

Mr. JC's off to his mother's with their shopping..............he sits halfway up the garden and they chat (shout at each other) through a window. Its still freezing here so he's taken his hat.
        Just got the patio finally … well not FINISHED … but looking a hell of a lot better -- propagated a whole load of plants a month ago when this all started - and they're all taking to life... I always loved gardening but just didn't have the time for such a long while -- too tired after a days work -- I'm absolutely loving it - it's my happy place...
        Shame bout the hol Jacks -- something similar here -- we were off to Scotland next week... booked all the hotels with free cancellation policy however one of the hotels took the money up front - to be refunded if we DID cancel - cancelled 5 weeks ago - no money.... so finally contacted him after many attempts -- he just emailed me back to tell me he was broke.... I have sympathy -- but.... if I wasn't being paid - I'd be broke too...… and HE has MY money! Small problems in the scheme of things - just amazing to have anything to talk about that doesn't involve a virus
        Last edited by mollyka; April 19, 2020, 05:44 AM.
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          Just got the patio finally … well not FINISHED … but looking a hell of a lot better -- propagated a whole load of plants a month ago when this all started - and they're all taking to life... I always loved gardening but just didn't have the time for such a long while -- too tired after a days work -- I'm absolutely loving it - it's my happy place...
          Shame bout the hol Jacks -- something similar here -- we were off to Scotland next week... booked all the hotels with free cancellation policy however one of the hotels took the money up front - to be refunded if we DID cancel - cancelled 5 weeks ago - no money.... so finally contacted him after many attempts -- he just emailed me back to tell me he was broke.... I have sympathy -- but.... if I wasn't being paid - I'd be broke too...… and HE has MY money! Small problems in the scheme of things - just amazing to have anything to talk about that doesn't involve a virus
          Its been booked since last October/Nover and paid for in full 12 weeks ago............Sykes are being saying we can defer 'til later in the year'............but with Bess being 15 and three quarters the likelihood we'll need dog friendly in October is a bit of a stretch ............we just bunged in for a refund. Sykes are being a bit off on refunds but these are trying times and Mr JC did a get a wee tax refund that covered the amount. So we've lost nothing.
          Yep Mr JC's salaried, so is Jenny. The S&H on 80% for three months and his missus on furlough ( I have no idea what that means)

There's phrase over her 'never cast a clout 'til May is out'. I have no idea what a clout is .......but its basically planting later in the North...........we have glorious garden in October.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Its been booked since last October/Nover and paid for in full 12 weeks ago............Sykes are being saying we can defer 'til later in the year'............but with Bess being 15 and three quarters the likelihood we'll need dog friendly in October is a bit of a stretch ............we just bunged in for a refund. Sykes are being a bit off on refunds but these are trying times and Mr JC did a get a wee tax refund that covered the amount. So we've lost nothing.
            Yep Mr JC's salaried, so is Jenny. The S&H on 80% for three months and his missus on furlough ( I have no idea what that means)

There's phrase over her 'never cast a clout 'til May is out'. I have no idea what a clout is .......but its basically planting later in the North...........we have glorious garden in October.
            Yeah - it's funny how even a coupla 100k south or north can make such a difference - when we go down to Kerry in May - plants that are only beginning to bud in my garden would be in full bloom down there... and equally when we go to Donegal they are still only 'budding' in June... just sort of in the middle here on our little island. I badly need seeds tho - they are talking about opening hardware and garden centres here - I think I would venture one if I got the chance...
            I also think I might kill my husband....
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

It could be worse............Mr JC's secretary's 7 year old daughter has found the harmonica that she hid from her 4 years ago.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yeah - it's funny how even a coupla 100k south or north can make such a difference - when we go down to Kerry in May - plants that are only beginning to bud in my garden would be in full bloom down there... and equally when we go to Donegal they are still only 'budding' in June... just sort of in the middle here on our little island. I badly need seeds tho - they are talking about opening hardware and garden centres here - I think I would venture one if I got the chance...
                The garden centre we always use...........are delivering to get rid of their stock............we bought a load. back in January.......I've got an old biscuit tin full of seedpackets ..........use by 2021 (how do they know???)
                And good auld Tesco up the road sell compost.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]................ where are you??????
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. Think it’s Stirly’s Easter JC and she was on about roasting a leg of lamb. Shame about all the holidays but we will enjoy them all the more when we do get to go. Some of the garden centres are doing deliveries. Hubby ordered fertiliser, moss stuff etc online and it was delivered by courier. Maybe check them out Molly.

Comment

Morning,
                      Super posts here.
                      Chancer it is, although I now have a belly button image of our newest recruit that I can't shift! A possible avatar [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]
                      Interesting the chat about Anger and Blame. I felt sorry for myself, lots of Why ME... anyway, it didnt last forever and what Bridge said, at 11 months sober, she doesnt give booze a thought.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], your a hero! 6 miles in garden.. :welldone:

I badly need seeds tho - they are talking about opening hardware and garden centres here - I think I would venture one if I got the chance...
                      Tullys are delivering Molly, but obviously closed to the public - but just give them a call and they should delivery what ever you need. Let me know if your stuck.

My mam's got Shingles, again. They had to visit the emergency doctor, which would have been a big adventure, out in the world, if she wasnt so miserable.

Afternoon job is tackling the front of the house. Ive been putting it off for ages and noticed that all my kids are suddenly extremely busy doing 'school work'. Yea right.
                      Last edited by IamMary; April 19, 2020, 09:15 AM.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Afternoon all. I'm just trying to wake up after a night shift. Hope you all are doing well. I can't decide if the sun not shining makes this lockdown business easier or worse.

Random thought: It's easier to hate someone for what they've done than to love them despite of it.

I suppose that applies to ourselves as well. What is it they say - hate the sin but not the sinner?

This is a weak point of the work cycle for me - tiredness and business. And boredom too. In my head I've been blaming my marriage since last night - things will be better when we're not living together and I'll be better I tell myself, so I'll be able to do a I like (i.e. drink). I am 100% wrong of course, because I had an issue with drink long before I got married.

I knew my thinking was off too, because I avoided here. I didn't want to think about or acknowledge "it" for a while - "it" being my recovery. I dunno. This always happens when I try and quit on my own. I just get to a stage where I feel okish, and I get fed up and tired and just want to live my life without analysing every thought and emotion. I can get very tiring.

I will take some positive steps towards my recovery. There is a plan. I just have to do it.

Comment

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION].....its a roller coaster, for sure. Each day is another brick in the wall to protect your sobriety, each day you'll feel different.......these early days are about just you and you only. While we were all selfish while drinking the early days you have to selfish and do what is best for you and you only. Family and friends will see a difference in the coming weeks, admit your fears, be miserable, have a good cry, admit your vulnerabilities ..........the day will come when all of a sudden it feels great..................it won't be every day but your spine will straighten and there'll be purpose in your life.
                          I promise.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                            It sounds like the woman is revealing to everyone that she’s the one with the problem, Bridget. I doubt anyone thinks your boy or the others are at all at fault but it still must be hard to have the whole thing brought up again. What kind of gardening do you do in fall? Or are you somewhere that is pretty warm year round?
                            When people take to social media, or people without any context, they will always receive sympathy and attention -which is exactly what she feeds on. I don't think she'll stop until she is made to stop. A very ill girl.

Re gardening, it's so mild here that I can get something going year round. I love the cool climate gardens but there are those dead of winter periods where there's very little to look at I guess. Indoor plants must feature heavily then, I guess.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                              Indoor plants must feature heavily then, I guess.
                              Biddie. MrS is the gardener here & I'm not allowed to touch anything. This was decreed many many years ago. So I LOVE my house plants. Some I've had for years & years.
                              Once I have them I treat them well - being from warmer climes originally, in our climate they can be a challenge .

I've learned they cannot be used as ornaments & put where they look good ..... so in winter they are crowded into the lounge which is South facing & warmer.
                              MrS nagged me till I put a glorious Parlour Palm in the front porch which is Nth facing. It almost died - I brought it in to the 'hospital' ( back patio doors) and barely saved it. He's hasn't been allowed to forget that.

So I will waffle on about house plants till the cows come home ....

That girl sounds sick alright. Best ignored unless she starts up on your boy again.
                              Last edited by satz123; April 20, 2020, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone. Another sunny day here-- everything has calmed down at home so going to get out in the garden.

Comment

Working...
                                X