Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
    Bridge, I'm starting to wonder if we alkies are all loners at heart. I love to have my special friend over, to have the wee lad and his Dad visit, to go out with my girlfriends, to chat with my neighbours. But in the end, I am very glad to go home to my little haven and have the place to myself. To do what I want, how I want, without hearing the opinions or advice of others or be expected to have conversations about things that don't really interest me. I, too am looking at retirement but it won't be for a couple of more years. When I hit 70, it will be time to give it up, methinks. For now, I enjoy my work but there are days that I would love to spray the whole place with that spray that Tawny had and get rid of the bunch of them. inkele:
    I really think we are, Stirls. I think our introversion (a good many of us) is why we ended up drinking in the first place. I just remember all social interactions being so acutely uncomfortable but couldn't seem to say 'no' to them or find friends more like myself to pursue quieter things with. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight.

You're so honest Chancer. It's great for someone so early on in the piece.

Going to continue to find more helpful ways of framing things for myself: 'I'm so glad I have a big fat arse from isolation eating because it is more comfortable to sit on padding'
    Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; April 23, 2020, 03:39 AM.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Thanks again all. The support is really helpful. [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - I can really identify with what you've posted there, that was a great read.

Random thought - no wonder I have failed so often at this. I looked for no support and always choose to do it during really difficult periods in my life. A couple of days at most.

Comment

Waves to rhe world,
        Had to wait for a phone consultation with my doctor. He diagnosed an ear infection..........not just bunged upness....its been blooming 6 weeks now.

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]........I love your honesty. I love the way you're willing to listen and have brought things you have learnt from re-habs and other treatments into your recovery as well as using MWO.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............I'm going to make sure the nurse has a 6-foot syringe and a full hazmat suit on before she comes near me.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........I've got one these...........Buy Lumbar Car Back Support Cushion | Support cushions and pads | Argos. And one of yhese for the car 5 Star Mesh Back Rest - Black | Paperstone

I've scrunched over so many craft projects that my back was singing, it does
        help.

St George's Day today..........we celebrate it very quietly. He didn't half have gruesome death

Better go some stuff but the ennui has hit again.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I'm not even aware I using those learnings to be honest. It is the most frustrating thing really - when I actually get a bit of space where I can take some time and think things through, then I know the right thing to do. But I don't generally get the space. I'm starting to agree with the loner theory posted here earlier.

Comment

Calling in to say good night............the day shift should be here shortly.

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION].............I think as we get further into sobriety in mho that things that have been said to us or we are advised to do come to the fore.........I hope this makes sense .........we may at the time have just rolled our eyes and put it to the back of our mind. So as our brain heals they start to make sense. I get that feeling with you.

Clapped for the NHS unfortunately some a-hole is letting of fireworks off............you'd think our emergency services didn't have enough to do.

Must ring the S&H (son and heir) been missing him all day..........I mean missing his phone calls.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Finished work now till next Tuesday - thank feck......
              I will clap myself :applause2: - literally on the frontline + dealing with arseholes all day.

I counted today I have 4 shaggin bosses ..... all vying for the upper hand .... give me strength.
              They sit up there in the office watching everything on a monitor.
              There is a camera trained on me at reception & on nursing / carer staff all day long as they do a very difficult job.

I got a call down today to go in and tell the younger carers ( who were singing & dancing to entertain the residents ) to put their masks on properly.
              I told him no "I'm busy - come down from your throne room & tell them yourself."
              :egad:
              I feel a P45 winging itself my way I intend burning a few bridges before that happens

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                I will clap myself,dealing with arseholes all day.

I got a call down today to go in and tell the younger carers ( who were singing & dancing to entertain the residents ) to put their masks on properly.
                I told him no "I'm busy - come down from your throne room & tell them yourself."
                :welldone::welldone::welldone: for turning up & telling the king to shove it up his arse. Good for you.

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
                Random thought - no wonder I have failed so often at this. I looked for no support and always choose to do it during really difficult periods in my life. A couple of days at most.
                You can say that again Chancer.. I had done all the usual games, no drinking before x time, no drinking Monday - Wednesday, no drinking after midnight, only 2 glasses - everything to make me feel like a 'Normal drinker'. But the 'want, need, longing' told a different story. After a couple of serious failed attempts I stumbled on here and have never looked back. I genuinely could not believe the similarity in stories.. So stick around, Fickle is right, it will get better :hug:

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........I've got one these...........Buy Lumbar Car Back Support Cushion | Support cushions and pads | Argos. And one of yhese for the car 5 Star Mesh Back Rest - Black | Paperstone
                6 week ear infection!! ouch. I will check that out, I have to get something. Work chair is definitely helping now. Hows Jenny getting on in school?

I gave up on the weeding Rustop, Bridge promised she's finish that off! My window sills are lovely though. I might take a half day tomorrow, which feels silly as I just stand up and announce to no one, right Im off.

Right Im off (practicing).. night. x
                Last edited by IamMary; April 23, 2020, 05:56 PM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I will clap myself :applause2: - literally on the frontline + dealing with arseholes all day.

I counted today I have 4 shaggin bosses ..... all vying for the upper hand .... give me strength.
                  They sit up there in the office watching everything on a monitor.
                  There is a camera trained on me at reception & on nursing / carer staff all day long as they do a very difficult job.

I feel a P45 winging itself my way I intend burning a few bridges before that happens
                  Jesus Christ Satzy. They must be so important! Do they have a disability that they can't get off their fat arses and deliver their own messages? Poor poppets!
                  But I'm confused. Why does it take so many of them to surveil you all? Why don't they just scream it over a loud speaker at the residents? 'Mrs SMITH. Get the FECK back to BED' 'Not THAT bed, your OWN bed' 'Mr JONES! that is your THIRD piece of TOAST. We are on a BUDGET'

343185main_pg86-87_s70-35145_full.jpg
                  Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; April 23, 2020, 10:02 PM.
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

I gave up on the weeding Rustop, Bridge promised she's finish that off!
                    yeah... about that.

Right, I'm off!
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Marnin' Army!!

Great job, Satzy. Put them in their places. I wonder if they know the higher up you go, the further you can fall....
                      I gave up on the weeding Rustop, Bridge promised she's finish that off! My window sills are lovely though. I might take a half day tomorrow, which feels silly as I just stand up and announce to no one, right Im off.

Mers - that made me laugh right out loud!!
                      Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      yeah... about that.

Right, I'm off!
                      You ladies have the greatest sense of humour. Makes such a good start to my day to read the posts.

Hope you all have a smashing Friday!!
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning everyone. Yea always enjoy the banter here Stirly. Good on you Satz :welldone: Nothing major planned for the weekend. Garden and walks. Life is a lot less complicated during this. Enjoy your half day Mary, hope the sun is shining. Are you still managing to get a run in? Zoomed with my crochet group last night, great laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                          Jesus Christ Satzy. They must be so important! Do they have a disability that they can't get off their fat arses and deliver their own messages? Poor poppets!
                          But I'm confused. Why does it take so many of them to surveil you all? Why don't they just scream it over a loud speaker at the residents? 'Mrs SMITH. Get the FECK back to BED' 'Not THAT bed, your OWN bed' 'Mr JONES! that is your THIRD piece of TOAST. We are on a BUDGET'

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5226[/ATTACH]
                          :hahaha:

Comment

:hahaha:

Comment

Waves to the world from a very sunny but nippy top for the top bit of England.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].......the ears just got painful in the last few days......... I think its just a follow on from the congestion.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........I'll get Mr. JC to do you a reference for your soon to be new job they've got really posh letter heading.

The clapping started for just the NHS and its grown thanks to this young man........
                              Scottish boy, 11, draws heartfelt picture of how he views the UK today | The Scotsman

Odd noise yesterday in the sky...........a bloody great passenger jet took off after weeks of silence. They're using them to air-lift medications etc. Although you'd think me & the next-door neighbour had never seen one the way we carried on.
                              Usually its just the air ambulance and police helicopter.

Anyone remember the Icelandic volcano eruption 2010?

Anyone seen this..............Jellyfish is spotted swimming through Venice's unusually clean canals | Daily Mail Online
                              Amazing.
                              The S&H would have proposed to his then GF in Venice on a gondola...........two things put him off............it was 80 euros each and the canals stank...........so he did it Verona.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all - off today ....
                                Got quite excited till I realised I can't do anything except housework or food shopping .....

Our garden is the size of a postage stamp - and MrS OWNS that ...
                                Housework can feck off !
                                I think I'll make Banana Bread / Porridge Bread / Whatever Else Around Bread

Oh forgot I'll be going to another Nursing Home today to talk to my mother & others who won't remember, through some bars :yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X