Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Hi Chancer.
    I'm worried that you are new here and not getting the full support of the Army.
    All off doing I dunno what in a lockdown situation :haha:

I suppose life goes on and everyone has their own shit to contend with - but we have all said on here, at one time or another, that we'd need new blood to liven up the thread.
    Now troops we have him captured :yay:.

Anyhoo Chancer keep reading and posting. Use this as your base.
    As I said loads of info 'round the threads.

Comment

Happy Birthday [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]!
      tenor.jpg

Did you get any nice presents (from the supermarket :haha?? Do any nice in your 2k radius?

Originally posted by fickle View Post
      Anzac day here so lest we forget - these are the biscuits the ladies used to make to send overseas for the soldiers - very easy and keep a long time ANZAC Biscuits | Classic Recipe - Bake Play Smile
      Exactly what I was looking for. We have a fundraiser tomorrow with the running club - all 30 mins apart from each other, but there will be water stop here, so I need something quick and tasty - these are perfect.

Good news [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]. Well done. Now get some sleep and well done for another day ticked off without a drink.

Dont fade away [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Happy Birthday Satz!
        [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] this could be the making of you, if you let it be. Six months to work on a sober lifestyle and regain your family's trust. Good move. Could you bunker down and read lots of books, maybe seek some counselling and start putting your life back together? Sounds like there is still hope for your relationship.
        I am a big fan of the SMART programme: Self-Help Addiction Recovery | SMART Recovery 4-Point Program(R) | Alternative to AA Great resources.

I'm having another look at the book 'The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober' Catherine Gray It really is a great and very pragmatic book, although my symptoms were not nearly as bad as hers when first giving up. I not that she also wrote The Unexpected Joy of Being Single...
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
          I'm soooooooooooo tired right now, but I feel ok. It's going to be ok, no matter what happens. I'm going to be ok.
          That is absolutely right Mr Chancy, you are going to be OK. Stick with us :welldone:

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
          I am a big fan of the SMART programme: Self-Help Addiction Recovery | SMART Recovery 4-Point Program(R) | Alternative to AA Great resources.
          I'm having another look at the book 'The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober' Catherine Gray It really is a great and very pragmatic book, although my symptoms were not nearly as bad as hers when first giving up. I not that she also wrote The Unexpected Joy of Being Single...
          Bridget, yes! I read the Unexpected Joy of being Single (great book) first, and that is how I found the other I find as I'm trying to get out and have a social life people very annoyingly expect me to want to find a partner. Bollocks!!

Out on a walk this morning, just a short one as storm coming. Had a lovely time walking through the little bit of wild weather with wind and rain whipping about me and a rainbow against the dark clouds. I thought of you all while I was out there and took a couple of pics to share of rainbows and roos but was unable to figure out how to upload.

Thoughts today around families, respect and the mea culpa. So I have grown up kids who live with me. We are a close family. The youngest comes and goes from her beloved’s abode. The other day she was saying to me she had been upset by the other two speaking disrespectfully to me and I reasoned we are all getting cabin fever. Also, those two have been going out for walks together and becoming closer. I’m not taking it personally because I’m recognizing the 3 person dynamic (two’s company) where I’m the odd one out. The other day after shopping I noticed my son tense up when some bottles clinked together. He relaxed again when he saw it was kombucha. Its annoying because before when the wine was freely flowing in my house, nobody was rude to me really. But now because I’ve decided to give up drinking, everyone acts like I’ve got a problem. It’s hilarious really that by not having a problem any more you suddenly have a problem. I appreciate it must be stressful for him as he doesn’t understand it. It must really challenge their sense of who I am.

Project for the rainy day: I have a couple of beer coolers that are covered in cement, paint, silicone leftovers from all the DIY projects over the years. They are pretty gross. Lately I’ve been taking my tea in highball glasses and using the coolers. I bought some new ones off ebay thinking they’d look better and chose plain black. When they arrived, only a couple were black and the rest are ugly patterns like pink camo. Blerk. Today I will have a go at making one look better with a bit of patchwork LOL. Will probably also be gross but something to do.

Comment

Out on a walk this morning, just a short one as storm coming. Had a lovely time walking through the little bit of wild weather with wind and rain whipping about me and a rainbow against the dark clouds. I thought of you all while I was out there and took a couple of pics to share of rainbows and roos but was unable to figure out how to upload.
            Lovely to think you are thinking of us all those miles away Fickle :hug:

The other day after shopping I noticed my son tense up when some bottles clinked together. He relaxed again when he saw it was kombucha. Its annoying because before when the wine was freely flowing in my house, nobody was rude to me really. But now because I’ve decided to give up drinking, everyone acts like I’ve got a problem. It’s hilarious really that by not having a problem any more you suddenly have a problem. I appreciate it must be stressful for him as he doesn’t understand it. It must really challenge their sense of who I am.
            [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] Ah don't be annoyed with them. Am I right in saying you've lived with this on & off for years? Those who live with us may not always say it directly to us - I know my son NEVER said it - but they see when there's a problem. I think we underestimate the effect our drinking has on those around us.
            Your son will be secretly thrilled you are addressing it :hug: and disappointed if you were to drink again.

Comment

Yes Satzy i think you are correct there. Am wondering how did Mary's Anzac biscuits go?
              I spent the day yesterday buying, splitting and stacking wood with son so now the fickle woodpile is looking grand and I'm enjoying a nice toasty fire. Made that modern patchwork version of a tea cosy and am very pleased with it. Also made a red lentil dhal that i'm looking forward to sharing with the youngsters. Hope everyone is having a lovely day/evening

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                Happy Birthday Satz!
                [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] this could be the making of you, if you let it be. Six months to work on a sober lifestyle and regain your family's trust. Good move. Could you bunker down and read lots of books, maybe seek some counselling and start putting your life back together? Sounds like there is still hope for your relationship.

Thanks. I'm currently (very slowly) working my way through the SMART handbook and website - and I agree they are great resources. There is something about their thinking on the whole subject that really rings true for me.

Comment

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
                  Thanks. I'm currently (very slowly) working my way through the SMART handbook and website - and I agree they are great resources. There is something about their thinking on the whole subject that really rings true for me.
                  Can you share website & where to get handbook Chancer - I will pass to my son 'Young Satz' as he is always looking for alternatives to AA - which does not resonate with him.
                  We've tried everything else.
                  He is 38 and wasting his life by drinking.

Comment

Yes Satzy i think you are correct there. Am wondering how did Mary's Anzac biscuits go?
                    I remember months into my sobriety one day being extra 'happy' kinda giddy - I actually saw MrS's eyes dart around the room looking for a glass ....... morto !!

Comment

PS got this from work this morning :

Your results from the Covid-19 test on Tuesday the 21st came back NEGATIVE.
                      :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Happy Birthday [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]!
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5233[/ATTACH]

Did you get any nice presents (from the supermarket :haha?? Do any nice in your 2k radius?
                        [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]
                        Yep supermarket flowers + 100 squid to spend in the supermarket :haha:

Comment

Morning from the heavy snot-filled head.........its getting better...........but typical me I wanted to take one anti-biotic and ten minutes later be running about like a loon, .........fit and healthy.....the impatience of an addict.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], how did your daughter go with her minor proecdure this week or did she cancel?

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION], I'll not waste away..................I can't the kids would kill me before the virus. Small portions and often,

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].........my two were the sane................it takes time to gain their 'trust' if that's the right word. They had an eagle eye on me in the beginning.
                          My two are so proud of me now.

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]...defo give it a go.............there's a good few face to face meetings in our town,......many do both do SMART & AA........once the lockdown finishes you'll have grasped all the basics and with face to face make some sober new freinds.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; April 26, 2020, 05:23 AM.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............:yay:
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Morning from the heavy snot-filled head.........its getting better...........but typical me I wanted to take one anti-biotic and ten minutes later be running about like a loon, .........fit and healthy.....the impatience of an addict.
                              Ah Jacks - forgot you were sick - get well soon :hug:
                              My mother always said start an antibiotic with a double dose ? But they may have changed since her day ?

Comment

:welldone:

Bridget, yes! I read the Unexpected Joy of being Single (great book) first, and that is how I found the other I find as I'm trying to get out and have a social life people very annoyingly expect me to want to find a partner. Bollocks!!
                                Oh my God. Blech. When will people finally acknowledge that being and staying single is also a legitimate life choice? Some of us are very happy as singletons, thank you very much!
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X