Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Morning and waves to the world.
    Just had a minutes silence for those that lost theor loves to the virus........brought me to tears.

Seeing that eejit moaning about the lack of pub drinking........if he's in that much need of company he could volunteer to help. And then I see he's put it in monthly abstinence FFS.
    I dispair of the stuoidty of some people.
    .and breathe............................ohhmmmmmmmmmmmm m
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      No...doing courses online that I was sposed to do at work but never had time..and on stand-by if HSE requires me..it'll be a while before libraries open..it's a shame really..the government have handled the general public virus situation pretty well ...but the nursing home situation is appalling..I think we have had just over 1000 deaths but more than half of those were in nursing homes...it wasn't done out of neglect..generally as a society we are very caring of our elders ...but it was like an oversight in the general pandemonium I think.
      .just sad beyond belief really...so yeah ..no libraries for a fair wee while!!!
      Oh - hope you enjoy the courses.

My sister was telling me yesterday that in one area in Ontario - my home province - there had been a huge number of deaths in nursing homes due to the fact that many of the carers worked part time at two or more facilities. They hire the carers part-time to save on paying extra benefits, leave, etc., and so they are forced to work at more than one facility to supplement their income. New restrictions now in place that a carer can only work in one facility but unfortunately, the harm has been done.

Numbers fairly low here in Greece. Schools supposed to open next week but IMHO they should keep them closed til the end of May. No point in risking a wave of new cases and putting us all in lockdown for the summer. Can you imagine living in Greece and not being able to go to the beach?
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

X-post with you now [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Bout time you showed up!!

Yep, some people just need to get attention whatever way they can. Fidiot!!
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Now where were we.
          [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]..........I still get anxious about things...............my last counselor told me that some anxiety is good anxiety. Of course, we all get anxious with the fear of the unknown...............how can I put it.............if you were climbing Mount Everest wouldn't you be a tad anxious that you'd packed the right stuff.? It makes us check ourselves not once but a few times.

This may not be your Mount Everest but I'll bet it feels like it. I'm rather excited for you.

Oh God, the planning. you know I was trying to think how I would go about it under the new rules..................I hate queuing but it would mean a run round to the corner shop 3 bottles of wine (and a half a bottle of vodka) at least four times a week.
          I could get it delivered but Mr. JC's working from home most days and I can't pass it of as wool everytime.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

They've just released the numbers from care homes here.............hope Boris puts that near the top of his to do list. Its a disgrace. My MIL is adamant they won't go into one and she was a matron in charge of one many years ago.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]...........fidiot........I shall put that in my dictionary.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]........don't you just hate that. I'm not being funny but what about writing an idea down and time and date stamp it. I'll bet the owners have mahoosive posh cars and gigantic houses.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good afternoon (late morning) Great posts here. The "planning" certainly resonated with me.
              Managing to deal with my stress by being a domestic goddess. I reckon our lockdown is going to continue for a very long time.
              Off to make a mango chicken curry.

Comment

The ear ache and bunged upness has just about gone
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                  Good afternoon (late morning) Great posts here. The "planning" certainly resonated with me.
                  Managing to deal with my stress by being a domestic goddess. I reckon our lockdown is going to continue for a very long time.
                  Off to make a mango chicken curry.
                  Its going to take an age but it'll be quicker if there weren't morons out there that think they know better. A sneaky trip to the beach...there's been a few of them especially the couple that went to Cormwall for the weekend.

Save some curry for me. Its meatloaf leftovers tonight.

Rightio on with the day.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Our latest worry here in Republic is the cross border traffic from Norn Iron... they have different rules to us.. but we can't make them obey ours so they wandering around all the border counties and figures are going up by the day anywhere that borders the 6 counties... jeez.. where's the 'hard border' when you need it!!!
                    Sorry I lost my temper with that man - just the nonsense was wrecking my head... specially with a few newbies and returnee's around the boards really doing their utmost... anyway what's done is done. (I could delete.....mmmm.. I'll think bout it...)
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening all. Hope everyone is ok. So I moved into my new place. I'm a bit bored now so I ordered a take away. Remember I said I had cravings? Well I was unpacking, putting away the shopping and that and I found 3 cans left in at the back of the press. I had to laugh. This was a test alright. I dropped them up to my neighbours upstairs. Yay me! I've no telly yet so I'm watching TV on the laptop. It's a bit quiet and lonely so far. I'll have a lot of time on my hands so I aim to get stuck into recovery now that I have my own space to think and write etc.

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]........ahh, per. I can't tell you how many times I've lost the plot with him. Just because he 'only' drinks in pubs doesn't mean he's any less an alcohol than we are. In fact binge drinking is dangerous.
                        Don't let it bother you. Its like talking to a child. It reminds me of how very child-like we were stamping our feet because we were denied our right to drink............I'd often wave a glass of wine under Mr. JC's nose and say its my 'choice' and my 'rights'.

They shouldn't be doing that on the borders. Unless they're essential workers we're not supposed to wander about willy-nilly.

On that cheery note. Mr JC's got the day off tomorrow...........all that means is he sits downstairs not upstairs in his 'office'............ooh and I get a trip out to the doctor for my pneumonia jab. I can put nice clothes on and a bit of make-up...........the excitement ofit all. Should I wear my wedding hat.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
                          Evening all. Hope everyone is ok. So I moved into my new place. I'm a bit bored now so I ordered a take away. Remember I said I had cravings? Well I was unpacking, putting away the shopping and that and I found 3 cans left in at the back of the press. I had to laugh. This was a test alright. I dropped them up to my neighbours upstairs. Yay me! I've no telly yet so I'm watching TV on the laptop. It's a bit quiet and lonely so far. I'll have a lot of time on my hands so I aim to get stuck into recovery now that I have my own space to think and write etc.
                          You're a good man and you know three wouldn't have been enough.

Mr.JC's bored............he's building St. James Park......the football ground...(Guess who he supports...........a clue NE England)..its a 3D jigsaw. Very complicated. He gets engrossed in it and doesn't realise how long he's been at it. Have a look see on Amazon.

All this TV, kindle, laptops we're all going to get what my Granny would say.............'square eyes'
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well done MrC!!! Don't forget...life IS boring for most of us at the moment so don't feel left out! There are worse things than jigsaw (like MrJC) and me...have a beaut. on the go..find podcasts dealing with addiction and recovery..learn to cook new things and spoil yourself...whatever floats your boat..each day gets easier and you will get stronger..did you find the toolbox here? It's well worth a browse ..can't remember how to link......somebody?????

Jacks ..tell himself I have 3D Taj Mahal to do next ;-) want to see his when finished..either here or FB!!
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Night everyone. Congratulations on your move Chancy. Think of it as a gift to yourself, time out to pamper, journal and get your life back on track. Well done on getting rid of the cans. As Molly said we are all a bit bored at the moment but it is good to learn to live in the moment.

Glad to have work week over. Much busier today and a lot more traffic about. Going to go down now and watch Netflix for a while. Afterlife Two is on and I am also watching Black Orchid.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                ..but the nursing home situation is appalling..I think we have had just over 1000 deaths but more than half of those were in nursing homes...it wasn't done out of neglect..generally as a society we are very caring of our elders ...but it was like an oversight in the general pandemonium I think.
                                .just sad beyond belief really..
                                I think as you said the nursing homes were not kept in the loop. Everyone was taken by surprise - but it was the delay in PPE for Nursing Homes that caused the issues.
                                I remember PPE consisted of a flimsy mask & plastic apron in the first few weeks.
                                Now - after the horse has bolted - we took delivery of 2 huge pallets from HSE of Masks, Goggles, face shields & gowns this morning.

A change since the first 2 weeks when a consignment of PPE destined for Nursing Homes was taken by HSE for the 'Frontline'.
                                Also in the beginning we were told that no point transferring over 70's to hospital because they wouldn't get an ICU bed .....

Comment

Working...
                                X