Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Rant warning!!!!

So this guy comes to our store to prepay an order. We have the door locked so people can't just walk in. I see he's not wearing either a mask or gloves. I put on both, unlock the door and ask him if can help him, but don't allow him in the store. He tells me who he is and gives me the details to cut the invoice which I do. Then I see he wants to pay with a credit card which means he'll have to come into the store and to my desk to do so. We have sold out of masks but I ask him to wear a pair of disposable gloves we have available, explaining that I need to protect myself. He says he understands completely because he's a doctor - a microbiologist!!!!!!!!!! FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by stirly-girly; April 7, 2020, 06:33 AM.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good afternoon from the garden! 10 more weeks to go in lockdown. Fed up listening and reading all the misinformation. Will go to WHO website. Just had my letter from Boris telling us to stay indoors. Cost £5 million I heard. Could have spent it better on PPE methinks.
      Feeling OK here!

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
        Good afternoon from the garden! 10 more weeks to go in lockdown. Fed up listening and reading all the misinformation. Will go to WHO website. Just had my letter from Boris telling us to stay indoors. Cost £5 million I heard. Could have spent it better on PPE methinks.
        Feeling OK here!

Glad you feel ok MrsA and hopefully Mr is ok too:allgood:

Bad day here re. the virus - had been getting a bit in my head sort of 'we're going to be ok - ' - and now that's not in my head...
        How's everyone?
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening everyone. Glad to be finished with work for over a week. Sometimes I am ok and other times worried and scared. Fear of the unknown I guess. Didn’t sleep well last night so feel out of sorts today. Better get food, that should improve things.

Comment

Molly I guess it varies from we are ok to Arghh. I think this situation makes us evaluate so much.
            I seem to be swinging from a grumpy old woman to the kindest most generous of people. I think the grumpy old woman is winning.

Surrounded by idiots does not help and if I hear anyone else say it is Gin or Wine O'clock I may not be responsible for my actions.

(need a run!)

Comment

Xpost Rusty-Get some food! worrying time for you as well

Comment

Yesterday was a good day..............today started full of plans and yes the ennui set it...........a whole new world 'of what's the point'.
                I got a call from a friend who said 'you must get out for a walk'....................I didn't do that pre-virus I'll be buggered if I'm going to start now. I have a rather nice garden if I want to be outside.

She actually rang to find out if it was okay for a bike ride............I haven't got a bike. Tbh I was a bit snippy with her.
                Mind you her son igot back to back in China a couple of weeks ago after a nightmare journey home..(feels odd that his home is China)....he got stuck in Hong Kong......not caused by the virus but engine trouble on his Virgin flight. Really weird that an English man is teaching Maths to Chinese students ( I thought they had that covered)

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].........I'm sticking with WHO as well.

And I still haven't got used to Mr. JC working in the back bedroom............I still bowl in there with groundbreaking news like the bloke nest door's brought the bins in and there's gammon for tea.

Truly is one day at a time
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
                  Do you like having him working at home [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]?
                  [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], hang in there. What about doing a strength and conditioning class via YouTube or something.

Molly, any update on the job?

Wondering how your mam is [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]?

Nothing to report here. Onto a couple of friends via zoom for hours and I'm exhausted now.
                  Night all.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning everyone.

It takes time to get used to them working from home but at this stage I am used to it. Zoom is great for the group meetings. I use FaceTime with my daughter but it is usually one to one or I hand the iPad to her Dad. Well our measures have become law, see a lot of cars being towed from around here. Tow company will make money.

My highlight for the day is, I am going to colour my own hair. My neighbor does my hair so she is going to mix up the colour and leave inside her gate for me to collect and I will pay her by Revolut. The cut will have to wait. Crazy time! Hope everyone doing ok and that you are getting news of your Mom Satz.

Comment

Evening All,
                      The less said about today at work, the better. I'm still struggling with all the drama entering my home because I work here. I can see that everyone is anxious when they do need to go out these days. Terse and nervy. I'm predicting a huge rise in the incidence of agoraphobia at the end of this.
                      How long do you think lock down will last? I asked my colleagues today and they all came in a the 6 month mark. I think they thought I that I am anxious to get back out there. They couldn't be further from the truth. Longer the better for me.

You might get used to colouring your own hair Rustop. You can certainly save a lot of time and money. There's going to be a lot of man buns out there before the end of this.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..............I can see the agoraphobia in me now.............I haven't been over the doors apart from the back garden for four weeks today. Sp M JC is taking me and the dog to the big field......its close..............and my heart is thumping now. The very thought of me going into a supermarket makes my stomach roll.
                        Its getting to the stage I'm not keen on answering the phone.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].............I love having him at home but working from home is just odd.
                        They've introduced all sorts of new measures for the police and they're getting stricter. Watch this space for new laws on jogging...............the hooman rights law will be bandied about.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]...........done my own for years.........and rather than using the tubes and stuff that come in the pack found this little gem.

New Salon Hair Dye Brushes Colouring Bowl & Hairdresser Salon Brush Kit | Wish

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]........let us know how you're mum's doing.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hallo Army

I read something that made me smile so thought I would pass it on....

Just be careful because people are going crazy from being in lock down! Actually I've just been talking about this with the microwave and toaster while drinking coffee and we all agreed that things are getting bad. I didn't mention anything to the washing machine as she puts a different spin on everything. Certainly not to the fridge as he is acting cold and distant. In the end the iron straightened me out as she said everything will be fine, no situation is too pressing. The vacuum was very unsympathetic... told me to just suck it up, but the fan was more optimistic and hoped it would all soon blow over! The toilet looked a bit flushed when I asked its opinion and didn’t say anything but the door knob told me to get a grip. The front door said I was unhinged and so the curtains told me to ........yes, you guessed it .....pull myself together!!

Weather a bit better here today. Not raining, but cold and windy!!
                          Last edited by stirly-girly; April 8, 2020, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                            How long do you think lock down will last?
                            IMVVVHO, the restraints should be in effect until 15 days after the last new case of the virus. Only way to stop it. Don't even want to think about it really but people here are still going around to the markets, pharmacy's etc., without masks and gloves. As someone said - the virus doesn't move - we move it. And the sooner we stop doing that the sooner we can get back to some kind of normal life. Whatever that will be....

Also just read on FB that the largest food retailer in Canada which distributes foodstuffs to 6 different supermarket chains plus convenience stores, has a case of COVID-19 in their warehouse. Which means technically that all the goods in the warehouse could be cross-contaminated. The message was to wash your groceries. Something I told my Mom a couple of weeks ago. Or at least whatever doesn't need to go in the fridge should be in bags somewhere isolated for a few days. Pain in the @rse but we have to protect ourselves....

Don't mean to be a downer or stress people out - just expressing my thoughts....

Comment

Stirly, I've been washing my groceries for weeks now. Leaving my shoes at the door and spraying them with metho (white spirit) - I only use old or casual easy wash shoes. I stand at the car boot and spray everything as it goes in. Just need to know that I have given myself the best chance.

Anxiety is high when you go to the supermarket these days JC so you're not missing anything. Other people really really irritate me unreasonably when I'm out there.
                              Off to bed with me. Last day tomorrow before Easter break and thank the Lord.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                                Good morning everyone.

It takes time to get used to them working from home but at this stage I am used to it. Zoom is great for the group meetings. I use FaceTime with my daughter but it is usually one to one or I hand the iPad to her Dad. Well our measures have become law, see a lot of cars being towed from around here. Tow company will make money.

My highlight for the day is, I am going to colour my own hair. My neighbor does my hair so she is going to mix up the colour and leave inside her gate for me to collect and I will pay her by Revolut. The cut will have to wait. Crazy time! Hope everyone doing ok and that you are getting news of your Mom Satz.
                                Good luck with the hair Rustop, Im amused at all the technology! I'm a recent convert to Revolut.. How quickly we have adapted to this new world.
                                [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION], hard to know how long the restrictions will go on for. I imagine they will ease in a phased approach and we will still maintain social distancing until a vaccine is available. Cant see it lasting 6 months though. maybe a couple of months. People are still talking about taking their holidays abroad in late summer.. in their dreams, I would think.

JC, hope the walk wasn't too traumatic, maybe you felt a little better afterwards? Or maybe the garden is just fine until this all blows over, and it will. :hug:

Very funny Stirls! (the talking kitchen, not the covid case in Canada!)
                                Last edited by IamMary; April 8, 2020, 10:19 AM.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X