International Army April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Well that was scary. I couldn't get on here earlier this morning. One of those bloody drinking dreams again where you have to force yourself awake then your head is a brick and you feel kind of sick. Hideous, hellaceous, horrendous feeling. Takes hours to shake it off. God I hate it.

I also despise the phone. Always have. I had to host a Zoom meeting for 50+ people yesterday. My idea of a nightmare. Better get used to it though. If you're not sure whether you like someone or not, you certainly won't after they've microphone abused on a Zoom session for an hour. There is also a huge rise in Zoom crashing where outsiders bust in via the link and (in one case that I heard about) show their willy to the work group.
    Like I want THAT image in my head for the rest of isolation. Blech.

Right, I'll go down to the garden and try to erase that drinking dream from my psyche. And the willy concept.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hate the phone too ..... even though I do it all day - but they are short snappy calls. Like whatya want ???? :haha:

Good news Vibes :
      We are now COVID VIRUS FREE in Nursing Home :yay:

The residents all came back down to the sitting rooms from 2 weeks seclusion in their rooms - it was very touching.
      Within 3 minutes I thought my head would explode with the noise :egad:

I'm happy for Boris that he is recovering .... :welldone:

BUT ......

I'll leave this here ....... the words of the great Irishman Sir Bob :

"Boris talks like a simpleton : his intellectual arrogance is overwhelming. The way he talks is just a language that people have a knee-jerk reaction to, that accent of authority. If you have the accent, dude, you’ve already got 45 percent of the vote."

"Trump has got fine populist instincts, and therefore, speaks to the moment. But he is a vulgar fool, and a very dangerous one. "
      Last edited by satz123; April 10, 2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I started that post last night and fell into a deep deep sleep. Woke at 9am ..... mad dreams too Bridge. They're gone now ... can't remember them...

I heard somewhere in all the noise that with underlying anxiety we should expect mad dreams as we try to figure it all out .....
        Last edited by satz123; April 10, 2020, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Good morning! Nothing to report.

Comment

Good morning Brit and everyone else. Nothing much to report here either, just having cup of tea before I start Powerwashing. I enjoy Zoom, there were 8 of us from the crochet group on last night and we had a great laugh. Have you seen The English Game Mary? Period drama and written by the same guy who wrote Downton Abbey. Also watch Tiger Game, absolutely mad.

Comment

Morning all... nothing to report is probably a really good thing! Nothing much here either -- trying to lighten up a bit about everything - not succeeding greatly.. shouldn't comment on politics specially when they aren't my own - but I feel it's a pity to compare the UK system and handling of the virus with that of Trumps' 'system' -- yes they were a bit slow to get going - Cheltenham was appalling - but we flooded over there voluntarily - despite being fully aware of the virus situation.. - but look - as we said last night - UK seem to be on the same page as we are... whether we can move onto the stricter TOTAL regime that NZ is doing REALLY successfully -- just a short sharp shock sounds good to me!
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks, Molls.
                The S&H and his new bride have just lost a friend who's an ICU nurse so I'll tell you what we'll mind our own backyard and the rest of the world can mind theirs.
                Our backward is quite a huge one.
                Last edited by JackieClaire; April 10, 2020, 05:54 AM.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good afternoon from a sunny, warm Athens - 21C at the moment!!

Nothing much to report here either but as Molls said - that is a good thing!

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Good news Vibes :
                  We are now COVID VIRUS FREE in Nursing Home :yay:

The residents all came back down to the sitting rooms from 2 weeks seclusion in their rooms - it was very touching.
                  Within 3 minutes I thought my head would explode with the noise :egad:
                  Delighted to hear the news, Satzy. Must be a great relief . I am so glad that my Mom and her partner are still able to live independently in their home. They have been isolating for almost 4 weeks now. Thank goodness for Skype that we can talk almost every day.
                  Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  Thanks, Molls.
                  The S&H and his new bride have just lost a friend who's an ICU nurse so I'll tell you what we'll mind our own backyard and the rest of the world can mind theirs.
                  Our backward is quite a huge one.
                  So very sorry to hear that, Jackie. This damn virus hits all ages, healthy and not, rich and poor.

Good you have your back yard to get out a bit. I will be hanging out on my patio over the weekend. Planning to plant some cherry tomato plants. Have bought two pots - one is fuchsia and the other is bright green. Just to add some extra colour. inkele:

Back to the books. Catch up with youz later. Zoooooommmmm

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I'm glad to hear the handling of the virus in UK is going well. You clearly would have more information than what we hear in our news. Take care, NS

Comment

I doubt if any authority has got this perfect...besides NZ they really seem to be hitting the mark..but we all hurt..we're probably all scared..I know I am..so yeah maybe we can look for positives instead of negatives xx

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        I'm glad to hear the handling of the virus in UK is going well. You clearly would have more information than what we hear in our news. Take care, NS
                        [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]
                        HEY welcome NS nice to hear from you. I don't know about the UK but I know we in Ireland are doing very well. The curve is flattening I'd say.

The fact that the population is less dense helps. Plus I haven't heard of anyone trying to earn a quick buck by flaunting the law and opening bars etc when they shouldn't.
                        Anyway we love telling tales and anyone seen ...... we'll tell on them :haha:
                        That's where social media is great - you can hide NOTHING.

If a nursing home of 100 residents & 150 staff can come out the other end unscathed then we're doing something right.
                        The answer is to ACT QUICKLY ..... which we did . Shut the doors that Sunday as soon as the first case was announced in Dublin.
                        This was unpopular at the time with families - but saved many lives.

ps I'm afraid any chance of sticking to 'no sugar' has gone out the window. Our workplace is AWASH with chocolate - from families management etc.
                        I'm at home today so just made Banana Oat Bread to stop me eating rubbish ..
                        Last edited by satz123; April 10, 2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Just saying hi. I only signed up here a couple of days ago. It was nice to find an international thread. Based in Ireland myself. I've seen there that the restrictions are going to be in force for another 3 weeks. My parents are over 70 and are being driven up the wall by having to stay at home. Currently living in their spare bedroom, but I still have to go to work. At least we are practising social distancing at work and we don't deal with the public. And I'm coming home and self isolating in my room and following all the hygiene protocols. Anyway, just wanted to give a big hello to everyone, and I hope you all are staying safe in this difficult time.

Comment

Well hello there and a big welcome to you...lots of us from Ireland..it is hard isn't it..but important to stay safe...we will get there!!!!

Comment

Thanks mollyka. Currently at the very start of my journey. It's great to hear there are lots of Irish here - it's given me a but more hope.

Comment

Let us know bit about you if you feel comfortable..just basics..male/female..age group..etc
                                I'm female and early 60's...few years sober but had tough time getting there!

Comment

Working...
                                X