International Army Mayl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

It was warm enough for me to take my cardi off and a good shout/conversation at either side neighbours,
    Spent the morning looking for a window key..............ended up tidying the sideboard.
    I've lost a suitcase of summer clothes I put in the loft two years ago.
    And beyond excited about a trip to the shops tomorrow..........they're letting two people into Tesco's per trolley. What'll I wear?

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]..............how did your day pan out.

In fact how did everyone's day pan out?????
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - it was a funny old day. I didn't sleep much last night. I had my first online psychotherapy session today. It was a bit basic, but it went ok. I didn't really like the video chat compared to being in a room with someone. Anyways, I passed out cold for 2 hours on the sofa, so I was in a hurry when I woke up. Landed down at my parents place half asleep. They must have thought I was mad! Went to see the wife and kids then. Spent a few hours there, took a walk to the shop with my wife and daughter. I felt a bit normal, although a bit strained. I'm finding it hard to get a reading on the situation, so I'm trying to just put it to one side for now. It felt a bit awkward when it was time for me to leave, and I felt a bit sad. I went back to my place, cooked a massive curry, got stuffed and am now just about able to move! TV is my company tonight - Gangs of London. Very gorey.
      Work tomorrow thank god. The walls are closing in on me a bit here. I still haven't got the hang of being on my own.

Comment

Much the same as every other day JC. Garden, walk and eating. The saving light is the beautiful weather. Really enjoyed our evening walk. Did anyone see the amazing moon last night?

Comment

Morning all,
          Have had a crap week but even with very negative mindset yesterday was the worst… I did not succumb to the netflix and wine on the couch. Instead my main desire was for a packet of chocolate biscuits hahah. I love how dieting changes your perspective about everything. Main reason for unquiet mind is having to return to the office in a job where I feel mistrustful and have to interpret everything. Very stressful. Add to that some people think they have to shout across the countryside when in virtual meetings, not realizing they have a headset for that, so hard to concentrate. Last week I sprained a bit in my ankle so could not get out for walks and that has shown me how important the exercise is for my mental wellbeing. I’m sure it moves the adrenalin/cortisol stress poisons out of my system and replaces it with the happy hormones. The stress has also given me neck, shoulder, arm pain that has been relentless. Ankle mended so going out today for 2 hours and hope the relief will address the neck thing also. Will investigate some yoga stuff for this as well. Feeling very clever as I ordered a sunshade hat off ebay and have modified it to fit my headphones under it. It looks a bit like a bonnet so feel like Lizzie Bennet striding across the countryside hahah.
          Will check back and do a bit of reading when I get back. Hope all are well :love:

Comment

Crikey.
            Morning all.
            I feel like just writing 'as above' re Fickle's post, minus the alcohol cravings luckily. What a week. I have tried five times to get on, read back and post. Amazing how busy working from home can get.
            Anyway: Things to look forward to for Saturday morning.
            Reading back here!
            Washing pupper because she reaks
            Catching up on Gardening Australia and Gardener's World - best binge of the week.
            Drinking litres of coffee
            Crafting a plan for getting wellbeing back on track (weight has been done, tantrum has been had) Love a good plan-ish list-y thing.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hello Bridge,
              I love lists! I'm taking your recommendation on the gardening shows and will try to get onto that later today.
              Back from walk and as I suspected, all neck and arm pain gone. Amazing how much my solitary walk helps me process all the negative shite of the week. Its like emotional digestion or something haha. Sun was shining in big blue sky and little fluffy white clouds were everywhere. Was just pondering why they had this haze underneath them and realised it was rain when two black cockatoos few past so definietly more rain coming. Enjoyed the walk even with cheeky little sunshowers all the way and made it home before the wind really got up. Can't help but feel admiration for the fragile birds who are out amongst it with the rain and trees whipping about them.
              My list for today is:
              -long walk (tick!)
              -do proper stretching so no more ankle crap (tick!)
              -pay bills and plot map out of financial headaches
              -get my IT working properly so i can actually work on Monday
              -eat a big salad
              -vacuum the house
              -clean the fireplace
              -watch gardening shows :welldone:
              Last edited by fickle; May 8, 2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Morning,
                [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]...........Did have the cushion pattern embedded in one side of your face? Love a bit of gore................not keen on period dramas..........unless its Vikings or Henry the Eight.
                Didn't sleep well so not in a good frame of mind. I'll let Mr. JC do the shop. He's been doing it foer weeks now and has got the hang of iit..........he doesn't want me dithering around.
                Whatever you do today.............enjoy it.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi folks..just in from garden/beach/sea...smashing day...very hot tho!
                  How's all?
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening Molly and everyone else. Absolutely smasher of a day. Have had breakfast and lunch outside and going to bbq in a little while when himself gets back from his run. Zoomed with my book club, nice to catch up with everyone. Think it will be a while before we are able to meet up in our usual hotel. Hope everyone got to enjoy some sun today.

Comment

Hi Rusters.. glad you had a good day too.. I have a proud boast (so far) that I have never had to Zoom or Skype (not in this situation anyways) or any of these awful (to me!) things.. I can think of nothing worse -- when Jilly was in Canada we used to Skype then alright - but talking over each other and the delay and the freezing... oh I hate it!! The return to work is going to get fierce complicated tho so I'm guessing there's a lot of that aul crap I'm going to have to learn …. poxy pox!!
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening,
                        I know Molls, skype/zoom are a pain in the arse, but better than nothing. Mr M has us all writing to the grandparents every week. Mine go, so not much has happened since we spoke 10 minutes ago.. Son is just short of drawing a stick man. The girls, like their Dad, are great for writing.

Didnt sleep well either [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] and it changes everything! Self inflicted.. stayed up too late. But without a hangover to top it, I survived. Beautiful day so it was. [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION], Glad to hear you are giving the therapy a chance. Not an ideal format, but if you get anything out of it, its worth the hour.
                        [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], hope the IT stuff gets sorted, we will all be experts!
                        And you get off that laptop Bridge!!!

Off to wash some mindless telly,

Night all X.
                        Last edited by IamMary; May 9, 2020, 03:57 PM.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

In work all day - very trying it has to be said.
                          Only coming around now.
                          Impossible to deal with people wandering in & out - door open because of the heat.

A group of women were outside in the garden - with a carer. One lady decided to get up & fell over. She smashed her head off the pavement. Blood gushed everywhere.
                          Taken away in an ambulance - not sure how she is.

Then we had this, sorry I have to say it - PRICK - who wants to TALK TO HIS MOTHER on Skype every day for 30 minutes. He is obnoxious & usually off his head on something.
                          The poor woman , with Dementia, is put in a room with a screen & there was three of them today, out of the game, shouting at her for 30 minutes on the screen.
                          Elder abuse I'd call it & I will say it tomorrow that it's not on to put her through that to just satisfy him & his ego.

Comment

Been out of action for a few days!However, back to normal today. I have been so tired but OK now--Will read back now.

Comment

Little birdie told me its someone's birthday today.............. [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Back to baltic in the UK. Should keep the morons who thinks its their 'human rights' to wander around in groups. Perhaps instead of fines they should be used unpaid help with a local undertaker.
                                Didn't make it to Tesco either..........queueing is not my forte to begin with and tbh niether are strangers.
                                How can you tell yesterday was a bad day.............:harhar:
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X