Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Morning,
    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..........I didn't realise you had a senior pupper.

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]..........wishing your daughter a speedy recovery. I've got a heap of old glossy mags I'll drop them on the doorstep.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..............always been fascinated by children who had teachers as a parent........what was it like?

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..................don't know when this heat wave is supposed to hit us. The Geordies are still wearing their big cardies.............its baltic. We're getting up to the heady

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]............shame about Lisbon. I love Portugal.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..............have you thought about being a stand-up comedian..........a whole new world beckons.

Had a list a mile long of to-do things today .............then I realised I recorded The Belles of St. Trinians (1954 version)and I've got some new wool and its all gone out the window.

Hugs to all

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      ...feel sorry for countries that depend on tourism tho...will be shocking for the likes of Spain..Italy etc... I spose some will still go but yack I wouldn't be comfortable!!
      It is scary - especially with your Joe and his risk of infection.
      But my flights in Sept are paid for ...... if they fly we will fly. The Greeks in Assos will starve if we don't go. :yay:
      MrS even christened the local beer 'Greek Economy' - they all drink so much of it - it alone saves the economy..
      That is not my main motivation - it's that it is our annual pilgrimage & would miss it terribly.
      I need it every year to see SIL get drunk, make a show of herself & make me realise I am absolutely missing nothing.
      ( told ye I was cruel)
      Last edited by satz123; May 13, 2020, 05:37 AM.

Comment

I thought the Greeks said they weren't opening the bars? Could be a shocker for the rest of them:victorious:
        My flights to Cyprus are paid too..if there was no quarantining involved I'd be tempted but....nah..don't think so for me...it's only money!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning jacks ..it's lovely here..not going swimming but...need a few more degrees!!

Comment

Hallo Army!!

Just a quick check-in from me. It's manic over here - the stores opened on Monday - not shopping malls, just stores and everyone is out and about. Mind you they have to keep a distance and only so many customers at a time but still - a HUGE difference in what it has been like for the past few months.

Temperature is 29C right now - younger son is at the beach again with his lad.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            But my flights in Sept are paid for ...... if they fly we will fly. The Greeks in Assos will starve if we don't go. :yay:
            MrS even christened the local beer 'Greek Economy' - they all drink so much of it - it alone saves the economy..
            That is not my main motivation - it's that it is our annual pilgrimage & would miss it terribly.
            I need it every year to see SIL get drunk, make a show of herself & make me realise I am absolutely missing nothing.
            ( told ye I was cruel)
            Not cruel, Satzy - just realistic.
            I thought the Greeks said they weren't opening the bars? Could be a shocker for the rest of them
            Don't have to go to bars to get yer beer - just a regular coffee place or a taverna with your meal. Bars aren't open yet but everything else is for take away orders. I had a talk with a customer who has a large hotel in the centre of Athens and they are waiting for instructions from the government as to what the restrictions will be when they finally open again. For example - there will be no breakfast buffet - everything will be plated. I expect the tables in the dining room will have to be spaced apart and only 2-4 people at each and only those who are actually in the same room together. And who will be allowed to come to Greece for holidays? Hopefully not people from countries who still have a very active Covid-19 issue. Belgium for example has about the same population as Greece and 10 time more cases and deaths than what we have had. I don't know- it will be tricky trying to get the tourism trade going again and it is one, if not the main source of income for many of our islands. Anyway, time will tell.

Would like to be on a beach right now myself - defo will be on the weekend - 30C tomorrow, 33 on Friday and I heard 37 on the weekend. :radiate::smile: I know it's too hot for you ladies from the Emerald Isle, but it's what we're used to.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Hopefully catch up with youz again soon....

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good afternoon Bridge, Fickle, Mary ,Molly, Rusty, Satz, Stirly and Jackie and anyone else I might have missed.

Got some sensible medical advice yesterday evening. As a healthy 73 year old woman with no underlying medical issues, normal blood pressure, normal weight but under a good deal of stress. I need to be sensible about exercise

As long as I get out early in the morning when nobody is around I can/should try a run SO at 5.30 this morning I set off as the sun was rising and ran 5 miles. Never met another person. Feel so much better today. Still a bit stressed trying to be OK about sorting out pain relief for Mr A but otherwise will do some exercise every day for instance I have got a skipping rope!
              Thanks for listening!

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                Good afternoon Bridge, Fickle, Mary ,Molly, Rusty, Satz, Stirly and Jackie and anyone else I might have missed.

Got some sensible medical advice yesterday evening. As a healthy 73 year old woman with no underlying medical issues, normal blood pressure, normal weight but under a good deal of stress. I need to be sensible about exercise

As long as I get out early in the morning when nobody is around I can/should try a run SO at 5.30 this morning I set off as the sun was rising and ran 5 miles. Never met another person. Feel so much better today. Still a bit stressed trying to be OK about sorting out pain relief for Mr A but otherwise will do some exercise every day for instance I have got a skipping rope!
                Thanks for listening!
                GREAT MsA - I'm delighted for you. A good run ( or 2 ) every day will ease the stress a little.
                I used to love skipping as a kid - but tried it in the gym & almost did myself damage. Co-ordination not what it was - so I spent more time fustering with the shaggin' rope.
                So if the circuit calls for rope - I just do the motion of skipping without the rope ....

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]................Delighted for you, our Whizzy,no wearing your stilettos..........no, not even your posh red ones.
                  It could be that we'll get to York for a week in the summer. Remember we were going to a swap with Jenny & Ads. It looks like we red for go.
                  Night night, every body.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I thought the Greeks said they weren't opening the bars? Could be a shocker for the rest of them:victorious:
                    My flights to Cyprus are paid too..if there was no quarantining involved I'd be tempted but....nah..don't think so for me...it's only money!!
                    You'll get your money back if the flights are cancelled or a voucher + 10% valid for 12 months.
                    All bars & restaurants in Assos are outdoors Molls - and I don't mind sitting 6 feet away from them all :haha:
                    This is only May - a lot can change in 4 months - so I'm optimistic there will be no quarantining involved by then.
                    Last edited by satz123; May 13, 2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]................Delighted for you, our Whizzy,no wearing your stilettos..........no, not even your posh red ones.
                      It could be that we'll get to York for a week in the summer. Remember we were going to a swap with Jenny & Ads. It looks like we red for go.
                      Night night, every body.
                      Xpost JAcks - York would be loverly for a week - 'brill idea !

Comment

Still cracking up after that Satz cracker of a joke, wheelie funny :nutso:

Originally posted by brit View Post
                        SO at 5.30 this morning I set off as the sun was rising and ran 5 miles. Never met another person. Feel so much better today. Still a bit stressed trying to be OK about sorting out pain relief for Mr A but otherwise will do some exercise every day for instance I have got a skipping rope!
                        Fantastic Mrs A! On top of the run, Id say that time of the morning was magic :happy2:
                        [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], dont think I noticed any difference as a teachers kid. He was about more than the other Dads and we all did well in Maths..
                        [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], thats looking really positive over there. I am feeling quite hopeful that things are looking up.. There is talk that kids might not be the super carriers they thought they were and that changes a lot..
                        37 actual degrees in May! Are you serious! I really want to go to Greece next year :egad:
                        Last edited by IamMary; May 13, 2020, 06:07 PM.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          Morning,
                          @byebyebridgetjones..........I didn't realise you had a senior pupper.
                          Neither did I until recently JC. It's come as a bit of a shock.

Morning all when you arise from slumber.

I am having an eating competition today. I am winning.

That is all.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I'm winning too Bridge!!!
                            Going to work tomorrow and Sat so VERY apprehensively tried on my jeans...haven't worn anything more challenging than a growbag for many weeks....and they fitted...YAY! License to keep eating :congratulatory:

Comment

Booked my hols for later in summer...hotels are gagging for bookings and great value so we will be washing and polishing the bike and heading for the Wild Atlantic Way.....excited already!!!

Comment

Hols sounds great right about now!! I might whisk myself away somewhere warm and relaxing for a few days around Septemeber.

All is quiet here. I'm giving myself plenty of space and just focusing on the here and now. Had a lovely long walk yesterday before work. I've volunteered for some extra shifts, and hopefully I'll be able to keep it going for a few weeks - which means I'll be plenty busy and very distracted. At the moment I think it's a good thing when I have have nothing much to say. It looks like its going to be another sunny one, albeit with a touch of frost about the place this morning. Time for sleep now, 2 more night shifts to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X