International Army Mayl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Sleep well..you're sounding good ...and doing all the right things MrChancer....well done x
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
      Anyone one else having trouble with their internet?...........ours is slow and so is next door's ....I've been piggybacking off his because it was slowing Mr. JC in his orifice upstairs.

Ma & Pa in Law had a nasty shock last night. One of their neighbours smelt gas when passing. Poor Ma in law is in a state of high anxiety after having the emergency gas people there for hours. She doesn't cope well with 'strangers'. Finally found about 10 pm that it was a leak wasn't in their house put in the pipes leading to it.
      You know I could have smacked Mr. JC as it never occurred to him to pop up for a shout through the dining room window.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Morning and waves to the world,
        Anyone one else having trouble with their internet?...........ours is slow and so is next door's ....I've been piggybacking off his because it was slowing Mr. JC in his orifice upstairs.

Ma & Pa in Law had a nasty shock last night. One of their neighbours smelt gas when passing. Poor Ma in law is in a state of high anxiety after having the emergency gas people there for hours. She doesn't cope well with 'strangers'. Finally found about 10 pm that it was a leak wasn't in their house put in the pipes leading to it.
        You know I could have smacked Mr. JC as it never occurred to him to pop up for a shout through the dining room window.
        ah bless her! Older people get so anxious - my mam was the same -- she got a wasps nest outside in her eaves -- jeez she was semi-hysterical till Joe arrived with his ladder... mind you -- I'd rather gas to wasps!! -- joking of course -- yeah - gas is a worry - used to have it in my old house -- always made me uneasy

Heading out to the garden now shortly - it's really lovely out - need to get my garden in order before the big 'return' to work - whenever that may be - these couple of days are stand alone for the moment

Comment

Hello everyone-I would also be terrified of a gas leak.

Sun shining and I have been out for a nice run before the crowds (never saw anyone). I was supposed to be doing the London Marathon which has now been moved to October I am sure it will not happen.

Fire service have just delivered more medication from the pharmacy so my situation seems to be improving.

Should be in Sark (Channel Islands)next week also for a race. Luckily got all my money back for flights and hopefully get there next year. Assos sounds wonderful Satz but then Mollys Holiday sounds wonderful too. J.C. I love York!

Thanks for your positive input!!!

Comment

So glad you're on the up MraA.. I'd say any holidays are pipedreams tbh but no harm in dreaming! Everything I booked has full cancellation except a couple of Ryanair flights...no big financial outlay PTL:victorious:

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]........you do sound much more positive

Its years ago when I smelt gas, I went into a blind flap. They were here within minutes.....bit like Thunderbirds......the pilot light for the hot water had gone out. They were ever so kind.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].........was thinking of you yesterday when I was watching St. Trinians.....bet you wished you'd gone there.
              So un-politically correct its unbelievable but it was hilarious.
              Got another one for this afternoon
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quick Hello! from me

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - glad you're getting some running in Mrs. A. Best thing for your sanity. Great news about the meds being delivered. They don't do things like that over here, unfortunately. I hope Mr. A is getting results from the pain meds. :hug:

Molls - will you go back to your regular library or are they sending you elsewhere? I don't think I'd like to go somewhere else under the circumstances. Hope you get to go on your vacation. Specially with the bike - sounds wonderful.

Jacks - how is the weather there? Can you get out in the garden for some sun? Warm day here - I'm inside with the aircon on and wishing I was home sitting on my patio surrounded by the garden and my plants. Luckily, only two days til the weekend!

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] - hope you get the extra shifts. You are handling all of this amazingly well. I hope you are proud of yourself!!

Waves to anyone I haven't mentioned - hope you're all having a satisfying day!!

P.S. Where are Startypants and our man Tabbers??

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                  Still cracking up after that Satz cracker of a joke, wheelie funny :nutso:
                  No Mers - that's not the joke !
                  the joke is not very PC but sure - shoot me :

Workman of Asian origin calls to door.
                  Lady with very tanned skin answers the door

He says : "Where you bin ?"
                  She say : "ohh I've been to Greece"
                  He says: "NO ! NO! Where you BIN"
                  She says : "ok I've been to the beach"
                  He says: "NO NO NO where you wheelie bin"?:rant::rant:
                  Lady : ok ok ! relax I've had a few sun beds"

She slams the door.......

Comment

Just got my hair cut & coloured ..... inkele:inkele:
                    She came to me & we did it outdoors in the garden.

MrS got his bita hair shaved too ...... :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post

Molls - will you go back to your regular library or are they sending you elsewhere? I don't think I'd like to go somewhere else under the circumstances. Hope you get to go on your vacation. Specially with the bike - sounds wonderful.

[/COLOR]
                      Well tomorrow is my own library anyway - we may be hooshed around a bit at the beginning but it's no big deal - we are a very small wee community - only about 10 libraries and I've worked in them all before - so no surprises there - I'd say it could be headless chicken stuff for a while - but at least I'll be doing something!!

Howdy all -- well done getting the hair done benjy -- mine is frankly --- beyond doing -- I've moved onto hairbands ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        -- well done getting the hair done benjy -- mine is frankly --- beyond doing -- I've moved onto hairbands ;-)
                        I was like a badger going around.
                        A paper bag over the head was looking possible for work on Saturday ....

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          I was like a badger going around.
                          A paper bag over the head was looking possible for work on Saturday ....
                          yup -- get that alright!!! ;-)

Joe went to give blood last night - he's done it all his life - he's got a gold pin or platinum or some such for all the blood he's given.... he went down with a mask - - nurse literally in his face - at most 2 ft away.. if that.. telling him to take off the mask or he couldn't give blood -- well he just walked out.. so when Jill heard that today she rang them and gave them an earful today... a doctor from the clinic rang him an hour ago to 'explain' why... AN HOUR... she literally hasn't stopped rabbiting - -- 'well that's our policy this week Mr K -- it may be different next week' -- think she's worried he's going to go to Joe Duffy or somethin:biglaugh:

Comment

My beef of the day................transport minister saying don't use public transport to get to work, but get back to work and be safe and alert.................now unless they're going to put on more buses, or trains, etc or give people a car to the lower paid. But there again if you're part of that lower-paid then parking in most city centre is beyond their pocket, London or any big city wtf are they supposed to do. I've lost faith altogether with the lot of them.

Ever since we went belly up on the money front with the credit cards I've dyed my own hair. And I used to do my own fringe when I was 14. And I've got a year's supply of my Clairol..........buy one get one free has paid off at last

Mr JC did see his Ma & Pa. The gas people were just doing there final check...............so Mr. JC and them shouted at each , 2 metres apart, about how safe they'll be. They are very good at being lerts.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]..........no garden for me................14c and a biting wind.
                            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........that was one of my Dad's favourite jokes. And its still funny now :thumbsups:

Big excitement we're getting our bushes sorted out in the garden.....can hardly contain myself.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I have no colour anymore thank FECK...best thing ever..I put in pink for the craic sometimes but no roots
                              .just wash in-out...but the cut???!!! Oh latherin heart!!
                              Now must go sleep...big day tomorrow:victorious: night night

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                I have no colour anymore thank FECK...best thing ever..I put in pink for the craic sometimes but no roots
                                .just wash in-out...but the cut???!!! Oh latherin heart!!
                                Now must go sleep...big day tomorrow:victorious: night night
                                It'll be like first day at school Molls - good luck ... don't forget yer lunch.
                                And WTF is in the policy for taking blood from your arm that says you can't wear protection on your face from a deadly virus ??

MrS a number of years ago was heading for his Gold pin & they just abruptly said "no don't want it any more " New criteria ..... never got an explanation.
                                Last edited by satz123; May 15, 2020, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X