Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Duplicate - can't delete a post ......
    Last edited by satz123; May 14, 2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the magazines JC!
      MrsA, so glad you are allowed out at last!
      V jealous of all the travel discussions.. not sure when we will be allowed to travel again really. I had almost booked a 6 month holiday just as covid hit. had been planning for months. So now I'm just thinking about all that leave I have hoarded, like a miser thinking of his treasure hehehe except i would like to spend it!
      Chancey a very good idea to plan a little holiday
      Satz, wow, i feel very lucky at the treatment we got here in A&E. I was surprised to be honest that everything was functioning so well!
      Have a good day everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Big excitement we're getting our bushes sorted out in the garden.....can hardly contain myself.
        :yay: So happy yis are getting your bushes sorted :haha:

Comment

For LAb lovers ......
          He's out of work commentator with no sport on telly ..... very funny.

The Walk of Shame - YouTube

Sports Commentator Andrew Cotter Commentates On His Dogs - YouTube

Comment

Now THAT was very funny [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] :happy2:

I used to LOVE St Trinian's [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], I didnt realise it was made in the 50s!

Our electricity went earlier this evening for a few hours. Did the same thing last week - everywhere was dark for miles, very eerie.

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow Molly. I've started with the headbands too.. Im ripping up old lycra clothes to match what Im wearing - Gotta have some standards :happy2:

Athletics, golf and tennis clubs are allowed to open up again from Monday, so great excitement with my running club planning the social distancing measures. I think the contact sports will be a while yet before they start up.

Shattered after all that candle lighting excitement. Night all..
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              For LAb lovers ......
              He's out of work commentator with no sport on telly ..... very funny.

The Walk of Shame - YouTube

Sports Commentator Andrew Cotter Commentates On His Dogs - YouTube

Caught that guy on Twitter:
              Hilarious Zoom meeting with dogs | BBC Sports analyst, Andrew Cotter featuring Mabel and Olive - YouTube
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Glad you are cracking on Brit.

I dyed my own hair yesterday which I usually do anyway but had been too blinking lazy.
                Won't do anything about my bushes until tomorrow.
                Dreading going back to work. Our restrictions will be relaxed again for the weekend. I have a complete feeling of dread about it. Mainly because I don't want to go back to work if I'm being honest. But also I think loads of people-probably the toilet paper stashers - will think it's all over and just go for it.

I was in the process of checking the fridge for my half hourly snack at 5pm and got a sudden flash - what would it have been like if I'd been drinking through all of this? And working from home? Within days I would have been day drinking. Then Zoom meetings while trying not to appear pissed. Falling behind with everything. Not waking up for web conference meetings at all. Hundreds of emails left unanswered. Fake sick days when unable to get out of bed.

Oh good Lord, there is not one single thing that I miss about drinking. Not one.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone and thanks for the laughs. Very familiar antics in this house but our poor fella has to get the better of two jack Russell’s.

You lucky thing Satz, my neighbor gave me the colour over the gate a few weeks ago and I put it on myself. Badly need a cut and colour again. Kind of leaving it up to her when she feels she can go back to cutting. She said she would see after the 18th. Good luck at work Molly. Bet you can’t wait to get back to running with your team Mary. Got an email yesterday that our local big house, gardens etc is opening on Monday to people living within 5km. It’s the little things that bring happiness. Nothing much planned for today but that’s ok.

Comment

Morning up overworld and evening to the underworld
                    Cried laughing at Mabel & Olive.

Its bush envy..............next door had theirs done.

You may remember that I replanted some cactuses.............they've gone and flowered :egad:

Got a banging headache very much like a hangover.........think it might be to do with the whole packet of jaffa cakes I ate last night..............wonder if hair of the dog type thing would help.............there's anther packet in the cupboard with my name on it.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all. Wonder how Molls got on ?

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - most likely just dehydration ? I know if I sleep deeply I must have my gob open and my mouth & throat feel like the bottom of a budgie cage ! & I'll have a headache.

Nothing to report - back in work tomorrow & Sunday ..... not sure how I feel about it.

I have a creepy feeling I've gotten away for too long .... and now I think I'm tempting fate.

The Nursing Home is now apparently COVID-19 free but I get nervous when the residents start calling again to reception ..... they had been confined to rooms - dining & sitting rooms.
                      But last weekend the sun was shining & it was a free for all - they were everywhere :egad:
                      The contact & hygiene rules are more relaxed at weekends & it's a bit scary.
                      Last edited by satz123; May 15, 2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Good evening--Been a busy day baking and cleaning. No running today but planning on getting out early tomorrow.
                        Hope you are feeling better JC and did not have to resort to more Jaffa cakes
                        Satz our care homes are still very locked down--We have a few around here and I see the poor staff going in at unearthly hours. Also the staff are standing outside having a quick ciggie

Rusty that big house sounds great! Nothing opening like that around here.

Off to have some dinner--Just had bath and put my best clothes on feel so much better

Comment

Waving to Bridget. I bet you are so glad not to have the extra burden of the booze clouding your life. Our news is showing the Sydney pubs open as though that is the most amazing event in the world. Although good to see the virus is retreating in Down Under land!

Comment

Evening all -- Good woman MrsA -- you're flying again... Bridge, the reality of how 'this' life would be with the grog.... crikey - doesn't bear thinking about - very true what you say!

Had an extremely busy day at work -- getting the place ready for the builders and painters on Monday -- everything -- and I mean EVERYTHING (it's a very large - three storey building) had to be taken down - 30,00 books approx. and everything else as well - and boxed up - labelled and brought up to a big hall we have on the top floor -- my back is aching - but yeah - really REALLY enjoyed the chat and the 'normality' -- just had my dinner now and putting my feet (tired and weary feet!!) up --
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Jackie.. been reading on medium.com --- fascinating articles -- fecking terrifying about what Trump is doing in America... made my hair stand on end - just can't imagine living there tbh… shocking..
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........can you send me the link through FB. Its all gobsmackingly scary. Mind you got a lot of respect for those taking their own safety into the their own hands,

Nearly put my hand through the Tv when this pompous doctor on TV was saying the teachers should be back at school.................one of her comments.................'they're salaried, you know' but a damned sight less than your £300K a year .......
                                ....Yep, they are and yep they are in school and the schools are open for those that are vulnerable and key workers children, children at risk at home. They worked through the Easter holidays, will work through half term and if needed through the summer holidays....

They've got the backing of TUC, British Medical Association............there's all Hell going on.

And relax...................

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........looked like it was dehydration. I found some sachets of re-hydration stuff...........well I didn't find them they fell on me when I was looking for something else.
                                Worked like a dream.
                                Last edited by JackieClaire; May 15, 2020, 02:55 PM.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X