International Army Mayl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

My 'puther has now just updated and restarted - when I went back into the site - can't find it -- or on the App which I've on the phone -- very bizarre... if I get it again I'll link you -- basically what they are saying is that America hasn't even STARTED coming out of the first wave and they are re-opening... the second wave could be mindblowing - but that it's all at his door.. and the fact he's filled all the important government posts with his 'yes boys' no one will fight him -- well few anyway and they seem to meet a grizzly end! yeah - I'll try and refind it.

Don't take all that to heart about the teachers - I'm sure Jenny can fight her own battles -- spent a lifetime in private industry blaming the 'highly paid' public servants for everything down to the price of a loaf of bread -- well nowadays as a FAR from 'highly paid' public servant I realise that it's just a populist sport to find a whipping boy --- pay no heed!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

This pretty much sums up our situation: Twitter

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..............she can hold her own. I'm not too worried. She can handle the aftermath managing a bar after Ladies Day at the races.............now that is gruesome. They'd pile into the bar she 3 bottles of prosecco in and shouting the odds........... .this is a doddle.

We've only had five days of being Lerts and there's a small but not insignificant rise in infections.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]............fantastic. :applouse:
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just popped back to say nighty night.
            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......you're allowed a bit of a wobble now and again. Haven't got much .........but have one of these :hug:
            See you on the flip side.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

I was in the process of checking the fridge for my half hourly snack at 5pm and got a sudden flash - what would it have been like if I'd been drinking through all of this? And working from home? Within days I would have been day drinking. Then Zoom meetings while trying not to appear pissed. Falling behind with everything. Not waking up for web conference meetings at all. Hundreds of emails left unanswered. Fake sick days when unable to get out of bed.

Oh good Lord, there is not one single thing that I miss about drinking. Not one.
              Yes Bridge, I have thought about that too. And every day would be torturous ground hog. I also wonder if a fallout from this lock down will be more reliance on home drinking.

Mr M wants to work from home forever too. I dont think we will be going anywhere soon, a few friends workplaces are suggesting 2021.

My robotic hoover shipped. Very excited.

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
              This pretty much sums up our situation: Twitter
              :nightmare:
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                What / where did you get Mers ? What make ?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  What / where did you get Mers ? What make ?
                  Good morning everyone. Yes Mary, very interested. My neighbor was 50 last year and she used her birthday money to get one and swears by it. With all the dog hair around here, it would be a god send. Sun is shining so hope to get out on a longer walk today.

Hardware and garden centres opening Monday, would say it will be crazy for the first week. Jeez Bridget I find it hard enough planning the food for the week and getting it in one big shop, can’t imagine trying to organise getting booze in the middle of all this.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

:nightmare:
                    I've one of them --- had it for YEARS --- I even named it it means so much to me --- I call it ---- JOE - :victorious:

Comment

Morning all -- another nice sunny day -- the downside of this poxy working business is that my robotic hoover has to be re-trained --- it didn't clean the kit hen to my satisfaction or water my plants -- FFS ---

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        I've one of them --- had it for YEARS --- I even named it it means so much to me --- I call it ---- JOE - :victorious:
                        :hahaha:
                        I must have the same brand................mine's called Mr. JC
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Proper good morning,
                          I'm going to Tesco.............its a trip out. Mr JC can bring the shopping home in the car and I might walk back and that means I've exercised..........or I may not..........in fact its doubtful as its blowing a nasty wind..........and I don't like the cold..........so its not a given.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That's exactly how I feel after my sugar binges JC. Hungover and wanting more. Yuck.

Yes pubs are open in Sydney and all over this weekend. So let's give it 2-3 days for the symptoms to start presenting and away we go again. Let's face it, when you were trolleyed did you observe anything let alone a distance restriction? My eyeballs were spinning in my skull! People will get munted and hook up or at least give each other's tonsils a good hoovering behind the beer garden. Great for infection control.

Rusty I would LOVE to go to a stately garden at the moment. Probably leave the house to the Covidians until next time at least but that would be lovely.

2021 sounds perfect to me Mers, a little soon, but it'll do.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening all! Keep thinking today is Sunday -- not that it makes a whit of a difference really ---- all days melt into the next! Saw a few of the grandchildren today - us on the patio them in the garden - all nicely socially distanced - nice afternoon tho..
                              Joe's sister rang him today -- she's a bit of a Hyacinth Bucket... but STILL asks everytime -- 'are you still off the drink? and is M...?' in utter astonishment -- usually followed by 'what do you DO all day?' -- I don't know why but it drives me feckin MAD -- specially cos she's the one that always has the sneery little remarks about our other SIL who IS a bit fond of a few (very fond truth be told) but she (the sister) fell and broke her leg yesterday -- 3rd time.... I would put MONEY on it that it was drink related!!

Not much else in the world -- 4 family birthdays next week so gonna (weather permitting) throw a few sausages and ribs on the bbq next week get some paper plates - and put the big table down the garden - some of our restrictions are lifting on Monday so not sure if that is permitted - but as I was perfectly legitimately working alongside (2 metres) 4 work colleagues all day yesterday I don't see any problem with my family down the garden!
                              Getting a bit tired of it all -- I need my job back - I virtually crave it... but Christ I was tired last night - it'll take a while to get back in the swing of it

How's everyone? very quiet!

Comment

Umair Haque is the name of the lad who wrote the article I was speaking of.. it was eye opening (to me) at how that man Trump has made what was inconceivable a short few years ago -- really almost acceptable -- we just roll our eyes and let him away -- well worth reading!

What is it with SIL's:egad:

Comment

Working...
                                X