International Army Mayl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

NS -- I pm'd you a link to the article I was speaking of...
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Sorry late for check in.........
      [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]...... [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........we've got a medium writer over here...........it all seems very under-ground if you get my drift. I don't think we know half the truth. I'll send you ours about Boris if you want,
      God awful article, Molls. Makes me want to weep.

Tesco's was great but the prices have shot up. Was going to get a big piece of beef and it made my eyes water. All clean and rather civilised. Unlike Asda (that's our Walmart)..........grubby and they hadn't a clue. Didn't feel anywhere near safe................spent a fortune but I did get two nail varnishes.

Honestly I don't know what the rules are now we're now lerts............talking about SILs..................mine went and picked up her niece from University a round trip of 200 miles plus before they relaxed the rules this week..............seems to be one rule for some and not for others, This is an intelligent woman who obviously thinks she immune.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I didn’t get the PM but I found him on Twitter. He sure isn’t shy! Sadly, I agree with most of what he writes :sad:

Comment

Sounds like your SIL's are a little bit obsessed with the booze, Molls and NS cant be their measuring stick anymore, to give them permission, cos they are not THAT bad.
          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] & [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], my old model was This one, its an older model now. I got it after my 3rd section and I just couldnt be arguing with Mr M, his eyes have some sort of dirt filter. Went for This one, this time around. We dont have too many tiles (wood/carpet), otherwise I would have gone for the mop one. Anyway, I hardly need to mop the floor, once the hoover is going daily. It is worth every penny (youd have it drank in a month).

I tried the 'click and collect' at our supervalu supermarket [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] and was v impressed. I'm sure you have those too?
          Whats the story with your schools, are they really going back?

All else rolling along here.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all.. just opening 2nd eye...I'll report when that's working ;-)

Comment

Marning or whatever time of day it is.................would have been here earlier but fell asleep with the bedside lamp on and had to be removed delicately from the pillow after drooling all over it.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........about the schools..............the odd thing is most of them never closed. They've been letting in key worker's children and those with a vulnerable home backround. And just like the governers in the USA ignoring Trump, the majors of the of cities over here have told Boris and mates to jog on 'til you make some sense.
              The government think tank have bribed the teachers with 30% off a new build house.........no not bribed (slap on hand)..........its an incentive. Jenny's worried about how she'll pay her heating bill and she lives in York............the 3 bed detach just round the corner from her went for half a million.
              Politics come from today from me on the settee while Mr. JC rolls his eyes again.

Think we'll stick with Tesco, they seem to have got it sussed.

Its still very quiet on the roads. Saw a load of buses and metros and they were empty.

If anyone needs a mask my Aunt had dragged her sewing machine out and there should be few thousand by the end of the week..............she's been bored and feeling useless.
              Last edited by JackieClaire; May 17, 2020, 04:28 AM.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning army. I have to say I not that worried about the easing of restrictions here - probably because it seems to me that the path being followed is a very cautious one. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. The only thing is the increase in traffic is going to be a pain. I've gotten very used to having the roads to myself.

I've been on the hamster wheel or work - sleep - eat -work. Today is my only full day off this week. It was great to be busy but I've ended up tired and cranky. The ignoring of my texts and calls only to behave like everything is ok if I call in is starting to get really irritating now. I had a weak moment last night - but it was past 10pm, so even if I wanted booze I couldn't buy it. I'm going to try and keep up with the extra shifts though just because it gives me something to do and I'm enjoying the company - properly socially distanced of course. I've given plenty of space etc. Maybe they've all just moved on? While that would be a bad outcome, it would still be an outcome. Its the hope that kills ya.

As far as the extra work goes its a bit of a catch 22. Do extra shifts and be tired and cranky or stay at home and be depressed and frustrated. Trying to be positive and call myself out on my negative thoughts - it just isn't sticking. I'm trying to be understanding, I recognise my part in all this, but I just think there is no call for rudeness. It a funny one - you start to get a little self respect back, then you notice people sort of treat you like a bit of a doormat, which you had been willing to accept because of your previous actions. Then in order to retain that self respect you either have to assert yourself or avoid the situation - both of which have negative consequences. I think maybe its time for me to move on. I can't live in an environment with the shadow of my past looming over me the whole time - how are you supposed to grow when every conversation revolves around how much of a shit you've been or "look at all the wonderful things we have planned without you?"

I couldn't wait any longer for the barbers to be opened. So I've shorn it all off. I think I might grow a beard. A change is a good as a rest they say. It looks like the sun is shining. I'm going to try and have a catch up with my sister today - she's a bit reclusive though so that's not always an option.

Comment

I'm also dreading the return to work. Have been ordered back to the office from Monday. It's just my manager being officious. I hate him. Have decided to take Bridgets advice, repeating to myself 'I work with these people so I can buy plants'. Every time I look at my manager I will visulalise him as a Peirre de Ronsard rosebush and hope to reduce frownage. Manager above him can be a James Stirling Pittosporum Hedge.

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]s you sound like you coming from similar culture to mine where you are supposed to be the breadwinner, provider, and take care of everyone. People close to you will resent you changing. It messes with their idea of your identity and they find it disturbing to their own sense of reality. If you were playing the role of taking all the responsibility and thus all the blame, they won’t be happy if you want to stop that. Who will be their whipping boy now? If you become well and happy now you are separated, what does that say about the ‘happy family’ that you left? People don’t want to question themselves, they’d rather have someone else to blame. If you have played the mea culpa role in the family they will expect you to continue. There is a load of negative stereotypes about addicts, that they are ‘selfish’ and chasing pleasure. It suits them very comfortably to paint you as a villain. However substance abuse is not a pleasure but a an attempt to find relief. Key question is what were you seeking relief from during your marriage? Honestly, think. If a person you loved was struggling with addiction and was doing their best to recover, wouldn't you support them? Something is not right here. I feel as though you should be keeping your distance for now. What you need is supportive or at the very least neutral company.

My views are coloured by my own experiences and may not be applicable to your situation but it did me good to write it out. All the best :hug:
                  Last edited by fickle; May 17, 2020, 05:59 AM.

Comment

When I was attending Aftercare - there were many couples there with serious relationship problems -- I was extremely lucky in that Joe seemed to literally shut the book behind us and start a new one - I can't understand how he did it -- but he did and I'm grateful -- some of the couples were so acrimonious you couldn't see them coming through and I'm guessing these years later they probably didn't. Another couple tho - there were huge hurts and sense of betrayal - the wife was smashing tho -- BUT -- she told him (and NONE of us doubted she meant it) that she would move forward -- she would talk to the kids and they would too -- no hurling accusations etc... BUT -- one more 'slip' - and she was gone - and the kids with her -- no question... I'm still friends with them on FB - they moved to Australia and everything is honky-dory -- like Fickle says - we can become the whipping boy - even in our own heads and it's hard to make that stance -- but the key (if you can - or if you even want to) is to talk and talk and talk - with honesty -- not declarations of how you will never drink or do any previous practices again -- that's futile - that will come with time - but telling her how it hurts and wounds you when she ignores you or demeans you - that your self respect is pretty low anyway and now you could do with a wee bit of building up -- you are doing the one thing you can -- that is getting clean and sober -- and you DO need support -- if she doesn't want to give it (and in a way you can understand -- you have hurt her - as we all have our partners and family) maybe you are better off severing contact.. but all that uncertainty and not knowing what mood you are facing each time -- that's not good for anyone

Stand up for yourself a LITTLE bit -- and as time goes on -- a little bit more ;-)

Comment

Evening all,
                      Fickle I just about choked on my lemonade at that. Being ordered back to work already? Buttheads.
                      Pierre de Ronsard is my favourite.
                      I'm one of a team of five and I think - in a very particular order - they are:
                      1. Two ton of good quality soil for the border garden extension
                      2. An elegant statue for the front garden
                      3. A light pink David Austin rose yet to be decided upon - maybe Olivia Rose Austin or Scepter d'isle - or if they really piss me off, both.
                      4. A jumbo pack of Spring bulbs in blues and purples.

The parents came to visit today - at distance. At least we got to have tea and scones and a walk through the garden. Poor Mum is a social soul and has suffered through this.

Chancy, are they taking the piss a bit?
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I think there will be too many employees everywhere for a long time....certainly will where I work...there are 8 of us + 2 attendants and a cleaner..apparently with social distancing there can only be 4 on the premises at one time.....

So

WTF they gonna DO with people? And WHY TF do they want you back so early Fickle?
                        Did ye start down this virus path before us?
                        Beginning of March we started the lockdown I think..I last worked 22nd March I think

Comment

LOVELY you could see your folks Bridge...if my mum was still alive I'd be missing her something awful...(I do miss her something awful!)

Comment

Good night everyone. Great advice there Chancy from some very experienced members. Spent the day in the garden so tired.com. Thanks for the link Mary. Surprised at the price, thought they were around 1,000 euro, definitely going to check it out.

Comment

Evening,
                              Do you have to be in the office for your job [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]? could you have a case that there are not adequate measures in place?
                              Chancer, you need to do whats best for you right now. If your not getting the support from your family, then give yourselves all some space. Mollys post was excellent, read that again. Sobriety is a long road, so one thing at a time. Did you hook up with your sister?

We did a lovely cliff walk today. Bit tricky doing social distancing with oncoming walkers on the edge of a cliff, but we all moved quickly on the path!
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                LOVELY you could see your folks Bridge...if my mum was still alive I'd be missing her something awful...(I do miss her something awful!)
                                I bet you do. I don't know many people who don't even years after they pass.:hug:
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X