Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

:upsidedown::upsidedown:HAPPY 1 YEAR SOBER BRIDGEE inkele:inkele:

I've so admired how you have done it Bridget - with humour, honesty and humility.
    No whingeing or "poor me - it's soooo hard"

Your posts of how happy you are to be sober are wonderful & so encouraging to anyone just starting out !
    I remember that was the one thing that stuck me when I joined the Army - was how content people were & I wanted that.

Bravo !!
    Last edited by satz123; May 18, 2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      And so say all of us. Congratulations Bridget, you are like a breath of fresh air around here. Well well done .

Comment

Are we early for Bridge, 20th? Maybe not, she gets there first and who cares anyway! Well done Missus B, it has been so good having you here. What a year you have had, there's a book in you. Congratulations :hug:

I thought they ditched the front line workers plan? for the creches? What the UK did with the schools was much more practical.

I also had a very odd dose mid feb. Aches like Ive never felt before in my life. My bum ached. I was going from hot to cold too - but no other symptoms. Could it have been Covid19?

Kids are doing online exams all week (the school are all over the place with their online platforms) and Ive a few projects going on in work. Stress. Its going to be a long week.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Are we early for Bridge, 20th? Maybe not, she gets there first and who cares anyway! Well done [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION], it has been so good having you here. What a year you have had, there's a book in you. Congratulations :hug:

I thought they ditched the front line workers plan? for the creches? What the UK did with the schools was much more practical.

I also had a very odd dose mid feb. Aches like Ive never felt before in my life. My bum ached. I was going from hot to cold too - but no other symptoms. Could it have been Covid19?

Kids are doing online exams all week (the school are all over the place with their online platforms) and Ive a few projects going on in work. Stress. Its going to be a long week.
          Last edited by IamMary; May 18, 2020, 05:46 PM.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I've so admired how you have done it Bridget - with humour, honesty and humility.
            No whingeing or "poor me - it's soooo hard"

Your posts of how happy you are to be sober are wonderful & so encouraging to anyone just starting out !
            I remember that was the one thing that stuck me when I joined the Army - was how content people were & I wanted that.

Bravo !!

THANKS YOUZ ALL !!!!

I am so bloody excited!!!
            Everything is better.
            EVERYTHING!!!
            And I thought I'd blown it and I'd never get back to where I was. RUBBISH!

tryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintr yagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintrya gaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryaga intryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagain tryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintr yagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintrya gaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryaga intryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagain tryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintr yagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintrya gaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryaga intryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagain tryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintr yagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintrya gaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryaga intryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagain tryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintr yagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintrya gaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryaga intryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagain tryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintr yagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintryagaintrya gaintryagaintryagain

GOT IT!
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Happy 1st sober birthday Bridge, you go girl. Another sober aussie to add to the list, i dont think its a long list! I hope you had a happy day full of smiles.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - so happy for you, our Girl!! As Satzy said - it has been a delight having you here and watching you take back your life! Undie humour and a no-nonsense approach - a great combo for success!! Well done!! :rara::horn:ink:
                Last edited by stirly-girly; May 19, 2020, 03:33 AM.
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning Army!!

Another warm day here but cool inside so very comfortable.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] :haha:
                  So you have a smelly one and a one who's thick ?...... or are the same person.
                  I wouldn't have the nerve to tell someone they are smelly. But I would certainly be dropping the hints & ask someone else to tell him

Get him tested for COVID-19 - the lastest is your sense of smell or lack of it is now a warning sign
                  Same person, Satzy. Thick and smelly. :eek-new: He got sent home yesterday. Son blew his top - which only happens a couple times a year - and sent him home and told him to take today off too! And after he's been told twice to leave, he says to me - should I stay and help? FFS! What about "you're finished for today and take tomorrow off" did you NOT understand? Hope he has a good think about why he got told to leave, but I'm afraid he just doesn't get it.
                  Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]...............found just the thing. Hang this round his neck.

Haha - good one, Jacks. Fraid not even that would do the job. All winter he wore the same jacket that smelled like it had been left in a souvlaki joint all night!!!

As for the sense of smell, I had heard that over two months ago. And had read of other people who had the virus but the symptoms weren't anything like the press had described in the beginning. So if I am to understand, half the Army has probably had the virus but didn't know it. Jaysus! Glad you are all fine! As for the governments being slow to take action, I read that some countries - two of them being Canada and the United States - had been informed back in NOVEMBER that there was something going on in Wuhan. Makes you wonder....

Back to the phones and such. Catch up with youz laterz. Hope you all have a great day!!!
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

:sendflowers:Congratulations Bridget!!
                    You are an Amazing Inspiration!! Hope I can do the same :bravo:

Comment

CONGRATS Bridgey..such a relief I found to have that year safely tucked away...now it becomes even less about the addiction and more about the 'me'...super lovely!!!! Xxx
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] :hug:
                        You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....
                        You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....You did it.....

Did I make enough for your special cake day?

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] I’ve been thinking hard about my last post to you and I hope I haven’t upset you. I feel I should apologise as it’s a huge deal what you are going through. I’m sure in time your family will be more encouraging. I’ve no idea if they’ve been supportive in the past but felt let down when you messed up, so aren’t being sympathetic now. I’m gathering there is a fair bit of history going off your moniker. I guess it will take them time to trust that you are actually serious this time. Taking some space is good for you because you need to focus on the future, while they are and focusing on stuff you did in the past. Sounds like you have apologized a lot and moved on, but they haven’t. It is hard I know, to move from being a family man to being the odd one out. You have to have strength to see it through though and things will work out better in the end. After a while they will come to understand you are better and learn to trust you again. If you can find a counsellor to talk through these things with it might be a good option. There is a lot written on the AA concept of ‘making amends’ and I should remind you that is step 9 so it’s too soon to be doing that. An important part of that step is respecting the wishes of people who don’t want to hear what you have to say. Your family is likely to want to hear it, but it may just be too soon. Anyway, thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Comment

Jonesy! A year sans turps?

Holy Flatulatin Friars! L.E.G.E.N.D.

Congratulations beautiful woman :heartbeat:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                              [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] I’ve been thinking hard about my last post to you and I hope I haven’t upset you. I feel I should apologise as it’s a huge deal what you are going through. I’m sure in time your family will be more encouraging. I’ve no idea if they’ve been supportive in the past but felt let down when you messed up, so aren’t being sympathetic now. I’m gathering there is a fair bit of history going off your moniker. I guess it will take them time to trust that you are actually serious this time. Taking some space is good for you because you need to focus on the future, while they are and focusing on stuff you did in the past. Sounds like you have apologized a lot and moved on, but they haven’t. It is hard I know, to move from being a family man to being the odd one out. You have to have strength to see it through though and things will work out better in the end. After a while they will come to understand you are better and learn to trust you again. If you can find a counsellor to talk through these things with it might be a good option. There is a lot written on the AA concept of ‘making amends’ and I should remind you that is step 9 so it’s too soon to be doing that. An important part of that step is respecting the wishes of people who don’t want to hear what you have to say. Your family is likely to want to hear it, but it may just be too soon. Anyway, thinking of you and wishing you all the best.
                              [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - you didn't upset me at all, in fact you hit the nail on the head. I'm struggling with the fact that maybe I was very unhappy in the marriage and maybe it's time to call it a day. The kids are more or less grown and all we seem to do is upset each other. But it's been 20 year and it just frightens me to have to start again. And it shames me to think that I could have avoided a lot of the heartache I caused. I haven't been on because I've been working a lot. I've also been very depressed and I tend to retreat into my shell when I'm like that.

There's been more drama. I felt like I was being avoided, so I got in touch to say we needed to talk. The uncertainty was doing my head in. However sending that as a text was a really bad idea, and sending it just before I went to bed at around 2 am was a terrible idea. My logic was it won't wake her up, I might chicken out of sending it in the morning and she will see it tomorrow. What happened was she woke at 3.30, saw the text, texted me back. I was asleep and didn't answer. Then rang me 19 times at 4.30 am - which woke me and I ignored because I'd realised I'd messed up here and I was going to get a tongue lashing. That was the end of my nights sleep. There was a couple of phone calls and I thought I'd smoothed things out. Something came up at work then - a slim opportunity to work abroad for a few months (SE Asia). It sort of appealed and made good daydreaming material. The notion did not go down well. I called around last night. We had a conversation. It was going ok. Then the conversation turned. There was a long period of muck raking (not all drinking related) going back almost 20 years. I left feeling like I had completely misunderstood everything about my life for years and years. I left after midnight and got into the car and just sobbed. The same things being brought up again and again. Even when I said we'd gone over all this before and I had apologised and accepted my wrongdoings and tried to make amends. Wave after wave of stuff, things I wasn't even aware were an issue. I gave my point of view on some issues - it wasn't accepted. My feelings were called ridiculous. I just feel completely broken. I can't shake this depression. The meds are only barely taking the edge off. I have well and truly hurt her and the kids to the extent that I feel like a stranger in my own house. The kids are being nice to my face and then I hear back form my wife that they aren't happy to see me at all. They are young adults. I know I should be the more mature adult here, but I find it hard to be the Dad when I have to watch every word I say because its all getting carried back. I'm going to contact the counsellor from Pieta House I was seeing before Christmas to see if she will see me privately. My whole self image had been gradually eroded over the last 12 months to the point where I don't know who I am or who I want to be. I'm just existing from day to day, just trying to get to tomorrow when it all just starts again. I don't want this life. Thinking about the future scares the living shit out of me because I can't see anything but sadness and loneliness and pain. And the worst part of it is is that it is all self inflicted. Yes I'm probably feeling sorry for myself but to be honest I think is far beyond that at this stage. That family was the only place I ever felt I truly belonged somewhere and without it I don't know what to do. I don't think I'll ever get that feeling back. I can't forgive myself - how could they forgive me so? I'm so tired. I just want to sleep and I can't.

Comment

Congrats on the year sober [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X