International Army Mayl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]............I hope you get to nread this before you go to work.
    Now listen, I don't get angry often but this treatment of you has angered me in a way I've not felt for a long time.
    YES!!!! get in touch with your old counsellor.

Then..........do not answer her calls. YES we did wrong but each and every single day we're sober we are making amends whether you follow the 12 steps are not.

Do not answer her when she calls..............in fact can you block her? Of course, she pissed off but this kind of treatment is unfair and downright bullying and your kids are feeding on that anger. Get a new phone and switch the bloody thing off when you need sleep.

Time, it takes time.............you or I cannot say when it will happen. You'll probably never have a great relationship with your ex but the kids as they grow will get fed up of seeing you as the whipping boy. The more sober and sane you get............they will understand.

I used to volunteer in a D&A service and have seen families especially the offspring of relationships become a support to the parent in trouble after years of calling them worse than crap. I'm rather fond of one woman who's own mother alienated against her own two girls.............she now sees them when she pleases and is babysits her granchild. And sober nearly three years.
    Last edited by JackieClaire; May 19, 2020, 06:48 AM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just nippped over to FB and would you believe saw this.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thats lovely [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Puts me in mind of a couple of messages I received from my sons schools RE department via their app:

Gratitude

"The choice for gratitude rarely comes without some real effort. But each time I make it, the next choice is a little easier, a little freer" Henri Nouwen

What we practise, we become. If we focus on anxiety, worry and fear, these expand. If we focus on gratitude, this, too, expands. Research has shown that practising gratitude improves our mental and physical well-being, our relationships with others and our overall experience of happiness.

This week, you are invited to take a moment each day to pause and reflect on what you are grateful for in your life.

Have a good week. May you and your loved ones be safe and well.
        Being Present

"You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith and hope"
        Thomas Merton

It is in our nature as human beings, to want control over our lives. It can be difficult for us to accept that sometimes things happen that are outside of our control. We cannot change the past or the future but we can choose how we respond in the present moment.

This weekend, may you face each moment with courage, faith and hope.
        I'd do well to remember those.

Comment

Quick pop in just to say BIG CONGRATULATIONS to lovely Bridget. Love her posts and her honesty.

Cannot stay on here long as so much going on at home.

All ok with me though!!

Comment

Good night everyone. Glad all ok with you Brit. Working week over, getting busier. Have to bring car to garage for part that was ordered before lock down and planning walk in the woods with my friend when I come back. Things gradually getting back to normal. It’s only since Monday that you can walk with somebody outside your family provided its within 5km of home. Just hope there is not another flare up but it sounds like we might have to live with this for years. Really hope that they find a vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
              Good night everyone. Glad all ok with you Brit. Working week over, getting busier. Have to bring car to garage for part that was ordered before lock down and planning walk in the woods with my friend when I come back. Things gradually getting back to normal. It’s only since Monday that you can walk with somebody outside your family provided its within 5km of home. Just hope there is not another flare up but it sounds like we might have to live with this for years. Really hope that they find a vaccine.
              Just watching Horizon special bout it...wouldn't cheer you up! I think a vaccine sounds about as likely as hydroxychloroquine will make Trump a human being!

Wonder will we just get used to it?
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Night all anyhow...oh ...I made marmalade today:victorious:

Comment

I love marmalade :heartbeat:
                  I was going to make Manchester Tart but tbh ust couldn't be bothered.
                  Manchester Tart recipe - All recipes UK
                  The ennui hit about 12 noon and it stayed.
                  We're supposedly getting some heat tomorrow..........I believe it when I see it.Although it'll be nice to get some vit D that's not in a bottle.

I'm trying to avoid the orange man, also the floppy haired eejit...............I'm growing very fond on the Scottish lassie (who's name escapes me at the mo)

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]...........thanks for the quotes, I rather liked them.

Sleep well, you gorgeousnesses and again well done Bridgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :heartbeat:
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION], any chance of a marmalade recipe please??
                    The Manchester Tart sounds amazing JC.. def not keto so will be saving that one for later. Am still counting my everythings, determined to lose this last 15kg.
                    Bridget, i am ever hopeful of having a successful garden but unfortunately between the frosts and the drought I lose most solid things. I am successful with things like violets and windflowers.. anythign easy to grow haha. I have some lovely bionica roses which I have let go due to not understanding how to prune them correctly.. I need to learn how to do cuttings.
                    [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] I'm so glad I did not cause you any hurt. I am no expert on relationships lord knows.. am just reflecting back to you what I am hearing, and I am fairly experience at recognising emotional abuse and manipulation.. mostly in hindsight on my part.
                    Unfortunately this returning to work takes my focus away from home and reduces time i have. After telling me privately he would like me in the office for a few weeks before letting me return to working at home, he announced in a team meeting to everyone, including 3rd higher up boss, that I will be in the office until after end of financial year. Grrrrrr off i go now. Will look in later.
                    Zoom

Comment

Ah no [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], that is not what you wanted to hear. Maybe have a think about JCs 'Letting Go' post? is it an option?
                      Great posts [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], could not agree with you more. [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION], from an outsiders perspective, you are never going to get it right at the moment and thats not a good place for you to be right now. Do you think you could manage a total break for a while?
                      How slim is the SE Asia gig?

Bridge, did you do anything nice for yourself today? Or splurge on something?

We were allowed run in a group of 4 (max) tonight. It was brilliant, you couldn't get a word in edge ways. :happy2:

I'll pass on the marmalade, Ive tried to like it 100 times and I just cant.. :shakingno:
                      Last edited by IamMary; May 19, 2020, 05:56 PM.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Let's see bout the marmalade recipe....errrmmmm...get 2 bags sugar bit of water and errrmmm open a can and boil and stir....sorry..did hope to portray this domestic goddess but....nah...bit like stuffing mushrooms:congratulatory:

Comment

Glad ur ok Brit.

Good golly Ms. Molly!

Great post JC!

Am in huge agreement with the gratitude vibe as posted Chances. I write one thing i'm grateful for everyday. Reprograms my mind to look for something i'm thankful for first thing each day. So happens i don't look for complaint anymore, even though it's as prevalent around me as it's always been. 80% less suffering these days. Keep it rolling bro.
                          Last edited by Guitarista; May 20, 2020, 02:01 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning Army!!

Good to see you Mr. G!!

Our Whizzy - glad to know that all is ok with you! You really are a trooper!!!!

I like the gratitude part myself. Basically I am grateful that I wake up every morning. So very grateful that my family and friends are okay and that I am healthy and can continue to do what I do. And it goes without saying, that I am sober....

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Let's see bout the marmalade recipe....errrmmmm...get 2 bags sugar bit of water and errrmmm open a can and boil and stir....sorry..did hope to portray this domestic goddess but....nah...bit like stuffing mushrooms:congratulatory:
                            Haha, Molly - from past posts we know that you are a great cook. I remember you posting about family dinners and you'd cooked 5 different dishes and enough for an army!! What kind of marmalade did you make? Apricots are in season next month and I always make just one batch of marmalade for a friend of mine. She doesn't eat any other marmalade except what I take her. Kinda funny.

Another warm day here although not as hot as yesterday and temps will be back to normal by the weekend - around 24C. I need to get to the beach for some colour!!

Wishing you all a great day. Make it the best you can....!!
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Last edited by stirly-girly; May 20, 2020, 02:53 AM.
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Same temps here stirls..mid 20's just nice...always orange marmalade ..don't like apricots...my mum always made it from scratch with special sort if bitter oranges...never see them nowadays
                                Off to Skerries to get fish...laters xx

Comment

Working...
                                X