Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Morning,
    Essential gear if you want a coffee or a trip to the boozer.

Maryland bar unveils rubber ring tables to ensure social distancing between customers | The Independent
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning part two:
      [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]..........its a treat for Mr. JC............I've got a sweet tooth but even Manchester Tart is even too sugary for me.
      Not feeling very lively today despite a half decent nights sleep and the suns shining.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............I've always thought you marmalade was made with oranges.............isn't the rest just errrrrrrrr jam>
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Morning part two:
        [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]..........its a treat for Mr. JC............I've got a sweet tooth but even Manchester Tart is even too sugary for me.
        Not feeling very lively today despite a half decent nights sleep and the suns shining.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............I've always thought you marmalade was made with oranges.............isn't the rest just errrrrrrrr jam>
        I think yer right, Jacks. Strawberry jam, raspberry jam, apricot jam. Orange marmalade. Now here's the thing. We have bitter oranges here in Greece. They only use the rind of course - the flesh is just that - bitter! But what they make is spoon sweets. Called that because you eat them with a teaspoon. Traditionally served on a small glass plate accompanied by a glass of water. I made them only once and they were so delicious that I ate 2 out of the 3 jars myself so haven't made them since. If you like orange anything, they are almost addictive!!!

ORANGE SPOON SWEET.jpg
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Evening all,

I wish the Like button was still here!
          Thank you SO MUCH for the cakes and the hugs.:heartbeat:
          All One Year treats will have to wait until after lockdown measures. Then there will be a trip to the beauty parlour for the works. And boy will I need it by then.

I've learnt a lot this time, I really have. Now to deal with the sugar issue.

Hey [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] what do YOU want to do? 2 months in SE Asia might be just the positive challenge that you need. I know drunks are selfish arseholes. We are. But part of recovery is learning to be a bit selfish - or self preserving - in the right ways.

The pool noodle hats....:victorious:
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Anything with sugar, girls. Anything.
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I found a nice Jackie French article on best fruits to use for Marmalade: The best Canberra citrus and oranges to grow for perfect marmalade | The Canberra Times | Canberra, ACT I have planted a miniature lemon tree, a lime and a mandarin. I have decided in spring to plant a marmalade tree… just need to decide which kind The neighbours have a loquat tree that hangs over my fence and I’ve made us both jam with that a few times. It’s delicious and the most successful jam I ever made.

@ IamMary I already left this job for another but the women I replaced got sent back from Canada due to Covid so I was sent back as well. I’m so grateful to have a job at all now as there is so much unemployment.
              [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] I’ve also been practicing gratitude today and finding good things about being in the office. It is easier to fast in the office as not so near my kitchen. I also went on a 4k walk today so that will be my lunchtime sanity saver and I will work on increasing it gradually till I’m back to 7k in my lunch hour. Also, from time to time, someone lovely comes into work and I can catch up with a friend.. so there are quite a few positives if I look for them.
              @ JackieClaire Fantastic use of pool noodles! It sent me down a rabbit hole.. its amazing how many internet articles there are on bizarre uses for pool noodles that will improve your life :egad:
              [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] that teaspoon sweet looks delicious.. will definitely look for them when I am in Greece :thumbsup:
              Originally posted by outofchances View Post
              [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] The kids are being nice to my face and then I hear back form my wife that they aren't happy to see me at all.
              Chancey it’s really common in breakups for one party to ‘use’ the children against the other. The kids will figure it out, just give it time. Also, you only have her word for it that they aren’t happy to see you. Sounds like she is saying anything at all to wound you at the moment. You’re best away from all that. Hopefully you move to seeing them independently soon. The idea of work in SE Asia might be a god-send to give you some reprieve. Who knows, you may not even need antidepressants once you are in a different place for a month or two. Maybe follow up on that and see if there is anything you can do to pursue it.
              Best to all :heartbeat:

Comment

Just a quickie......got a pan on the stove and its not marmalade.
                [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]...........thank you, thank you, thank you.......pool noodles........couldn't for the life of me remember what they were called. It was driving me insane.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good night everyone. Must have a root around to see if we have any of the pool noodles left. That’s why people hoard, you never know when something will come in handy. The quantity of sugar in both jam and marmalade has always put me off making it. Do enough damage with chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                    Good night everyone. Must have a root around to see if we have any of the pool noodles left. That’s why people hoard, you never know when something will come in handy. The quantity of sugar in both jam and marmalade has always put me off making it. Do enough damage with chocolate.
                    My dad is a great one for all sorts of Jams and chutneys. He made this one a while ago, and it was surprisingly really good. Doesnt keep for very long though.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hi dee ho,
                      20 minutes to go for the work day and I WILL be logging off on time today.

Is everyone running to their shed to see what they can make out of pool noodles?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Never heard of a pool noodle:egad:
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Them foamy things Molls learners use in the water

Comment

Mornin' Army.
                            Nothing much to report - trundling along.

Loving the new normal - apart from the extra dopes on the road.
                            I have to say not looking forward to full steam ahead in a few weeks. I loved the peace & quiet of everyone having to slow down..... even q'ing was calm - and unrushed.

Comment

[MENTION=22365]rus[/MENTION]top
                              WW Jam is delish & free!

Fruit - raspberries or whatever is on the turn in a pot with a Hartley's sugar free jelly. Cool & put into a jar.
                              Add a little water then if it's too thick ....

Have with Greek Yogurt etc - scrum......

Comment

Or its an instrument of torture in aquarobics.
                                Last edited by JackieClaire; May 21, 2020, 03:59 AM.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X