International Army Mayl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............i was going to see if you beat your 5 in a row record.

I have a new crush............Keir Starmer. :heartbeat: Leader of the Labour party. Tall, steel gray hair and bamboozles Boris.

Yep, I'm trundling too.........and tbh fed up to the back teeth of having Mr. JC working from home.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........and tbh fed up to the back teeth of having Mr. JC working from home.
      I KNOW they never give you a minute's peace.
      With MrS it's question after question - without waiting for an answer - I never realised he talked so much.
      He's also spoiling Rosie by keeping her entertained all day - if he gets back to pub, golf etc I'll be stuck with her :egad:
      He even goes for her nap with her ......
      ( I have to admit I started that to get her (& me ) out of the kitchen away from incessant noise and stop her trailing around me )
      Last edited by satz123; May 21, 2020, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Them foamy things Molls learners use in the water
        ahhh -- right -- just did the goggle... now this is one of my pet rants... probably done it here before - but here goes anyways.. when I was a wee girl - and the same for my sisters - my dad had us properly swimming - like as in - if we fell off a boat we could swim a decent distance - by the age of 4-5 -- there were 2 things he said were non-negotiable - being able to swim -- well -- and to be able to drive - well -- and there were lots of things I disagreed with my parents about -- but NOT those two -- seriously -- we live on a tiny island --- water everywhere - not only sea - but lakes - rivers -- it'd be hard to be more than 10 miles from some form of water in Ireland -- WHY oh WHY can so many people (and I'm not even talking about children) not swim -- imo it is verging on neglect (sorry if I'm upsetting anyone but I feel very strongly about it) not having children able to swim -- how many drowning accidents are there every year --- crazy crazy crazy!

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............i was going to see if you beat your 5 in a row record.

I have a new crush............Keir Starmer. :heartbeat: Leader of the Labour party. Tall, steel gray hair and bamboozles Boris.

Yep, I'm trundling too.........and tbh fed up to the back teeth of having Mr. JC working from home.
        He is what I call our CMO -- 'impressive' -- an impressive man - I like listening to him - and the contrast between him and the geriatric snowflakes that seem to be running the world at the moment is -- impressive:victorious:

I would have KILLED Joe -- stone dead - if he had ever had to work from home -- he's a lot more laid back these days - but jeez - even now if he's doing 'important' things (read that as 'men's' jobs in his head) no one exists -- yup -- I'd kill him -- haha!!!
        Last edited by mollyka; May 21, 2020, 04:36 AM.
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

AND --- while I'm on a roll -- Joe wants a poxy dog.....--- please don't catalogue why I'll love it -- I'm sure I will/would -- JUST....DON'T....WANT.....ONE

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            AND --- while I'm on a roll -- Joe wants a poxy dog.....--- please don't catalogue why I'll love it -- I'm sure I will/would -- JUST....DON'T....WANT.....ONE
            I totally understand.......some people just aren't dog people or even pet people.

I am a dog person and a guinea pig person and a rabbit person and a goldfish person and I'd love a parrot and a couple of cats (but Mr. JC's allergic) and a donkey.

How's about a tropical fish tank?

Yer man, there, is a forensic lawyer..........so basically he's trained at spotting a lie a mile off. Mr. JC's in awe of him.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh The Mr JC thing is like he's in my 'office'........if you see what I mean.

God, if I go to the toilet I have to check if its okay to flush as he might be on the phone. His orifice is smack bang next to the bathroom.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yup I'd kill him!!!
                Animals....I do like animals..If I was rich or from the country I would LOVE a horse...don't like the smell of dogs or the hairs...

Comment

Oooh am loving the Chia Jam [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] I will make that this weekend, will be great in greek yoghurt.
                  That Keir Starmer looks interesting too
                  Had a very boring day so am glad tomorrow is Friday.
                  Hope you all have a lovely day.
                  Nighters from moi
                  Last edited by fickle; May 21, 2020, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Any one know what I could do with a huge can of pulped mango?
                    [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........with you on the swimming. Yep and if I was rich I'd have horses.,,,,,,,,,,,,,but just to look at. Oh and pigs.

My Mum used to make the best lemon curd.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Molls :
                      I was never a dog person - I honestly HATE hair & poo etc.
                      Rosie was a grandchild replacement - something to love & take care of - happy to see you.
                      Molls you've lots of them .... to :hug: so tell him you don't want a dog.

As a Cavachon she doesn't shed & is very clever & lully !! Wags her whole body when she sees you ......

Comment

Hello Army,first of all congratulations Bridget on your year sober!! That's awesome and went by soooooo fast! Hope you did something nice for yourself,Molly,some people are not pet people my mom and gramma hated having pets,if you were to get one there's no promises that you'll grow to love it,might even resent it,I had that happen with two cats I got years ago and had to find them a good home, Jackie I would love a mini pig til hubs brings up the fact that it'll grow bigger, poop everywhere and they squeal alot but I still fantasize, Mary, that jam looks fab!Hope everyone has a great day
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Paulywobbles --- how's you doing? Are you back to work yet? Our hairdressers aren't back till August I think -- seems crazy to me - I'm sure safety measures could be taken there the same as everywhere else? anyway re. dogs -- it's my freedom that I feel so reluctant to give up (ironic that - in the middle of a lockdown haha!) - there's 14 years between my youngest and eldest children so literally ALL my adult life I was responsible for little people -- and now that I'm free I feel I'd be tied with a dog... I know in UK there are hotels you can bring dogs - but personally I wouldn't stay in one that did take dogs - it'd be like staying in a hotel that allowed smoking really to me... so nah -- just reluctant to give up the ability to up and go..
                          and as a child we always had dogs - and I did love them - but shit they did smell!!!

Grandchild replacement benjy? mmm - but sure you could have half a dozen before you know it!!!

oh -- and I think pigs are gorgeous!! think I'd have one of them alright if I was rich :applouse:
                          Last edited by mollyka; May 21, 2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...............I :heartbeat: pigs. If in doubt for a present for me buy me something pig-related..............I've got garden ornaments, a pig foot stool, piggy banks of all shapes and sizes ( unfortunately empty).

Got a good news story. The couple across the road foster children with special needs. They've been there about six years and have had one wee lad since he was 9 months old.................bless his wee heart, his birth father father stamped on his head when he was six months old leaving him with brain-damage and mobility problems. He couldn't hold his head up straight and his limbs were less than useless.
                            His foster parents have now adopted him

Because we haven't seen our Jenny for months so we gave him her Easter egg........while we were out doing our weekly NHS plus all frontline staff clappy thing.......he proudly walked across the green and gave me a bag of crisps (chips) .............he put them on the bonnet of the car and shouted at the top of his voice 'THANK YOU'. Needless to say I was in bits. And he's stolen my heart.
                            Last edited by JackieClaire; May 21, 2020, 03:09 PM.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]..............

Got a good news story. The couple across the road foster children with special needs. They've been there about six years and have had one wee lad since he was 9 months old.................bless his wee heart, his birth father father stamped on his head when he was six months old leaving him with brain-damage and mobility problems. He couldn't hold his head up straight and his limbs were less than useless.
                              His foster parents have now adopted him

Because we haven't seen our Jenny for months so we gave him her Easter egg........while we were out doing our weekly NHS plus all frontline staff clappy thing.......he proudly walked across the green and gave me a bag of crisps (chips) .............he put them on the bonnet of the car and shouted at the top of his voice 'THANK YOU'. Needless to say I was in bits. And he's stolen my heart.
                              That is the nicest story I've heard for a long time.
                              Apart from the so called 'birth father'
                              I would do time for him if I ever met him. The lousy bastard ..... may he die roaring ....

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                                My dad is a great one for all sorts of Jams and chutneys. He made this one a while ago, and it was surprisingly really good. Doesnt keep for very long though.
                                That's fierce posh for a Da Mers ...:egad: Good man Daddy Mers.
                                Sounds great & will be my next culinary effort - using the seeds to thicken it is a brill idea.
                                I like Chia seeds and the way you can store them in your tetch & chew later :haha:

Comment

Working...
                                X