• Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

And in a row.....................

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Three in a row.......... [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]...........a cake day for 30 days :sohappy:

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

OMG Jacks : I'm trying to STOP chocolate .....:rant:

Happy 30 days Fickledom inkele:
        Last edited by satz123; May 4, 2020, 07:15 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............I've got two Easter eggs ( one's for Jenny.........might be next Easter when she gets it ), a Lindt bunnie, and box of Godiva chocolate domes sitting looking at me and all I want is Tesco Strawberry cables.:sad:

Edit: I think I've made that cake in real life..........its in the Bero Book. Its chocolate fudge cake...........one slice and you don't need to eat for a week.

I bought a Bero book for my DIL one 's not a cook, specialty is a baked potato and chicken breast. Got it delivered to her a couple of weeks ago. Got some photos of her toad-in-the-hole..............it was magnificent.
          Last edited by JackieClaire; May 4, 2020, 07:49 AM.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening...not much going on so just night night folks xx
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thank JC and Satz for the Cake and well wishes.. now that is my kinda cake :happy2:
              More magic happens in days 30-60 and i tell you day 60 will be a big one to celebrate for me as i've never done that before and am so looking forward to it
              You should jump over onto Mr G's comeback thread and wish him a happy 600 days
              Have a beautiful day all :heartbeat:

Comment

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
                They sound nice [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]! Nice to see you keeping busy. I've signed up for a free trial on audible and I've gotten the first 2 books on that list - so I'm going to start listening to them tomorrow.
                I'm feeling a bit better now. It's all tied up in being separated from my family. My wife is quite depressed as you can imagine, and despite it partially being as a result of my behaviour , it kills me that I can't help her though it. I got a message later in the day telling me she had gone out for a bit and was feeling better. This is an age old pattern. If she feels bad, I feel terrible. I can't relax and get quite anxious until I see her doing better. It's messed up. When I'm away from her I just get terrible anxiety. I'm too dependant on her I suppose.
                Let me know how you go with the books Chancy, happy to to chat about any of it. I found Catherine's book so positive, I hope it helps move you out the self blame into being kinder to yourself and seeing the bright future ahead. You are so lucky that your family is still around, even though it's difficult, they still love you and over time will understand you better. I have the feeling that whether or not you are together in the future, you and your wife have the capacity to have a solid friendship. It is good you are having this time away though. You are trying to work through your own thoughts, feelings, emotions, impulses, so its good not to get them confused with hers. Living together for such a long time it is all entwined. Think of if you were both swimming and how one of you must be the stronger swimmer, knowing not to get involved in the other's struggles to avoid you both going down. You must learn to save yourself first and the steadier you are, the better at keeping afloat for everyone around you. :hug:

Comment

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - I'm just listening to the first one now at work - I'm enjoying it so far!

Comment

Yay!

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] if you want to give intermittent fasting a try, grab yourself a bag of Natvia from coles or woolies. It is a great natural sweetener with no carbs, less than 1 calorie per teaspoon and no nasty aftertaste. You can use it just like sugar to put in your tea or whatever. I personally am a wimp about having milk in my tea so understand anyone who likes sugar in it. Tea is a comfort food for me. The fasting is a bit of a challenge at first but you get used to it and your metabolism changes for the better. Start by not eating after 8pm and the following morning try having black coffee (it grows on you) and not having breakfast until 10am. Then over next few days stretch it to 11am, then 12pm. In the window between 12pm and 8pm at first you can eat whatever you like. Once you are used to that, go to TDEE Calculator: Learn Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure to calculate your maintenance calories. That is how you figure out how many calories you can eat every day. If you can go under that you will be losing weight. In the period I was losing the most weight, I was trying to eat around 1500 calories per day even though my maintenance calories were around 2500. Exercise also helps a lot. I used to be the most whiney sugar addicted person who desperately needed to eat all the time, but my metabolism has changed and now I don’t get all emotional if I can’t eat. I have developed a very comfortable attitude to food and I can wait. When I do eat, I really appreciate my food but not in the desperate gobbling way like I used to. There are lots of different videos on youtube about it if you need inspiration. I lost 20k, then went up a bit during my last bit of silliness but am back on track. Only another 15k to go and I’m confident I’ll get there without any stress about it.:sohappy:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        @byebyebridgetjones
                        Just noticed our join dates are just 7 days apart back in 2009 .....
                        Yep, you beat me by a week. I thought I might use the extra week to advantage by mainlining as much grog as I could and making a dick of myself on a few more occasions. Good times
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                          @byebyebridgetjones if you want to give intermittent fasting a try, grab yourself a bag of Natvia from coles or woolies. It is a great natural sweetener with no carbs, less than 1 calorie per teaspoon and no nasty aftertaste. You can use it just like sugar to put in your tea or whatever. I personally am a wimp about having milk in my tea so understand anyone who likes sugar in it. Tea is a comfort food for me. The fasting is a bit of a challenge at first but you get used to it and your metabolism changes for the better. Start by not eating after 8pm and the following morning try having black coffee (it grows on you) and not having breakfast until 10am. Then over next few days stretch it to 11am, then 12pm. In the window between 12pm and 8pm at first you can eat whatever you like. Once you are used to that, go to TDEE Calculator: Learn Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure to calculate your maintenance calories. That is how you figure out how many calories you can eat every day. If you can go under that you will be losing weight. In the period I was losing the most weight, I was trying to eat around 1500 calories per day even though my maintenance calories were around 2500. Exercise also helps a lot. I used to be the most whiney sugar addicted person who desperately needed to eat all the time, but my metabolism has changed and now I don’t get all emotional if I can’t eat. I have developed a very comfortable attitude to food and I can wait. When I do eat, I really appreciate my food but not in the desperate gobbling way like I used to. There are lots of different videos on youtube about it if you need inspiration. I lost 20k, then went up a bit during my last bit of silliness but am back on track. Only another 15k to go and I’m confident I’ll get there without any stress about it.:sohappy:
                          Got a feeling we're the same person, girl.

I'll give it a crack. I think our man Mosley has a book about it.

Just worried that at 7:30pm every night I'll do this:

download.jpg
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                            Yep, you beat me by a week. I thought I might use the extra week to advantage by mainlining as much grog as I could and making a dick of myself on a few more occasions. Good times
                            :haha:

Go knows what damage I did from 2009 - 2012 - I know I joined & then fecked off again to wreak havoc on my liver & descend further into the 'pit'

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                              [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] I was trying to eat around 1500 calories per day even though my maintenance calories were around 2500. Exercise also helps a lot. I used to be the most whiney sugar addicted person who desperately needed to eat all the time, but my metabolism has changed and now I don’t get all emotional if I can’t eat. I have developed a very comfortable attitude to food and I can wait. When I do eat, I really appreciate my food but not in the desperate gobbling way like I used to. There are lots of different videos on youtube about it if you need inspiration. I lost 20k, then went up a bit during my last bit of silliness but am back on track. Only another 15k to go and I’m confident I’ll get there without any stress about it.:sohappy:
                              Jesus Fickle my maintenance calories are only 1300 .... the amount need for brain etc to just function
                              All of the above Fickle & I think the secret is not to snack ..... we just don't need it ....

Comment

Yes Bridget, Mr Mosely's book the Fast 800 is very good, except he does keto and fasting at the same time which I find very tricky because keto is high caloric to get enough fat which makes what you can eat smaller and stricter. I get half my meals delivered GMDCanberra – Gym Meals Direct but you can find similar in Sydney. It works out about $10 a meal but you can food prep on the weekend as well. If you can find meals that are low carb or keto you can do the fast 800 that way. As i am a wimp, my typical day is a gym meal at midday followed by a quest bar (or Atkins make great sugar free cherry ripe) or a handfull of walnuts. Dinner is another gym meal or similar, 100g sugar free icecream and some soymilk (calcium) for desert with as much peppermint tea as I can drink before bedtime. That seems to work.

Satz, you must be a tiny wee little thing!! The TDEE calculator thing you have to recalculate every week because if your weight changes, your maintenance calories go down. When i was trying the fast 800 using gym meals, i got it down around 1000 calories. Michael Mosely's book uses 800 calories which is too small for me. Maybe after I lose more weight i will be able? I dunno.

This guy is excellent at explaining how it works: YouTube

Yes you are right Satz, snacking is part of the trouble. Because of my blood sugar issues I was told in the past by dietition i needed to eat every 2 hours. Bit crazy really. I still need to snack, but my snacks are way small and usually something like 30g almonds, walnuts or a quest bar, or even half a quest bar if i can stand it!
                                Last edited by fickle; May 5, 2020, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X