Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Morning and waves to the world,
    Day of my own challenge.............its called.............' put something nice on rather than just grabbing what's on the floor beside the bed challenge'
    I've wandered about in a pair of joggers and a hoody for over six weeks. Clean undies always a given.

Excitement of the day...............the Dyson is being delivered between 13:23pm to 14:23pm..............its like getting a visitor........so I'm over excited :yay::yay::yay:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Excitement of the day...............the Dyson is being delivered between 13:23pm to 14:23pm..............its like getting a visitor........so I'm over excited :yay::yay::yay:
      :yay: cordless ?
      Last edited by satz123; May 5, 2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Afternoon... - good luck with the Dyson --- I LURVE mine...

Joe has a wobbly bit on his tele -- rang Harvey Norman and they are coming out with a brand new upgraded model -- like WTF??? It literally had a little flashing bit at the bottom...
        Not much news -- none really -- had Simon here with more conspiracy theories re. the virus... had the morning full of that.... just deep breaths and la-la-la'd in my head :happy2:
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good evening nothing to report except I have been aching all over for the past few days. Been in bed all afternoon!
          Will read back in a bit.

Comment

Got some very sad news today..........the chief cashier I used to work with died last week of prostate cancer. Used to work with him in Nar West..............a glorious, funny, amiab;e, generous bloke man. Over the years there's been a core of us that lept in toucj.............about six of us. Last saw him at one the lads 40th a few tears back.
            He once changed the clocks i10 mins n the branch so we could shut up shop and shoot upstairs to watch some of the racing from Cheltenham.
            I've known his wife since we were going to the same youth club when we were 14.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            :yay: cordless ?
            Is there any other...............its charging at the moment.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Got some very sad news today..........the chief cashier I used to work with died last week of prostate cancer. Used to work with him in Nar West..............a glorious, funny, amiab;e, generous bloke man. Over the years there's been a core of us that lept in toucj.............about six of us. Last saw him at one the lads 40th a few tears back.
              He once changed the clocks i10 mins n the branch so we could shut up shop and shoot upstairs to watch some of the racing from Cheltenham.

Is there any other...............its charging at the moment.
              Sorry to hear this. My condolences!
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Sorry to hear that JC, May he rest in peace. Lots of great memories. Hope you are feeling a little better Brit and that your husband is doing o.k.

Had a short working week, just the one day. Wearing masks is now compulsory for everyone, pretty uncomfortable when you have it on all the time. Really feel for the healthcare workers. In bed now and going to watch Netflix for a while. Night everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                  Good evening nothing to report except I have been aching all over for the past few days. Been in bed all afternoon!
                  Will read back in a bit.
                  Get tested Ms A

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Afternoon... - good luck with the Dyson --- I LURVE mine...

Not much news -- none really -- had Simon here with more conspiracy theories re. the virus... had the morning full of that.... just deep breaths and la-la-la'd in my head :happy2:
                    I ordered the wrong part for the Dyson - mine is old. V6 - they are on shaggin V99 or summit now ....
                    Have to send it back & re-order.

Simon & me - we'd get on well
                    Is it the Testing Facility in Wuhan - I heard that about 2 months ago from a French scientist on the 'wurless'.
                    Germ warfare is a thing I suppose ....

Comment

Sorry to hear the sad news Jacks - will there be a proper funeral?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        I ordered the wrong part for the Dyson - mine is old. V6 - they are on shaggin V99 or summit now ....
                        Have to send it back & re-order.

Simon & me - we'd get on well
                        Is it the Testing Facility in Wuhan - I heard that about 2 months ago from a French scientist on the 'wurless'.
                        Germ warfare is a thing I suppose ....
                        Re: Virus. 15 children in New York have developed symptoms very similar to toxic shock. They think it’s COVID-19 related. Researchers are looking at other states and the world community to see if like cases have presented.
                        Last edited by techie; May 5, 2020, 05:22 PM.
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Read that too Techie. Something similar was was reported here a week ago too, they were suggesting it was Kawasaki disease, very rare, but symptoms like covid.

So sorry to hear that about your pal [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. A very young man.

Are they letting people back into your offices [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]?
                          We were told to forget coming in anytime soon..

Restrictions still in place here, but the 2k exercise rule was extended to 5k. My kids told me that loads of kids on already posting pics with their friends (ok, its probably 2, but according to them, its everybody!). Thankfully most of their close mates are not breaking out, but still, its going to be a long summer...
                          Last edited by IamMary; May 5, 2020, 05:48 PM.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

My kids told me that loads of kids on already posting pics with their friends (ok, its probably 2, but according to them, its everybody!). Thankfully most of their close mates are not breaking out, but still, its going to be a long summer...
                            Ye know Mary that wouldn't be any harm for kids from different households that are virus-free to now mix . Get the ball rolling on us mixing again and study the virus transmission rates better. Hiding at home will stop it spreading but they still need to know more about it to develop a vaccine.

I remember as a kid - if one child had Chickenpox - before vaccine - other kids on the road were sent to play with them to get it over with.... just sayin.
                            Last edited by satz123; May 6, 2020, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Hallo Army!!

Jackie - sorry to hear about your friend. Good that you had lovely times to remember him by.

Mrs. A - what Satzy said. Get tested. Hopefully it will come back negative.

Satzy - any news on your Mam - did she have negative results lately?

Techster - good to see you.

I heard about the new strain of the virus whatever that the kids in the UK are getting. Didn't realize it had spread to the US. Very scary. Greece has had less than 20 new cases of Covid-19 over the past few days and only a couple of deaths - yesterday none at all. New regulation in effect - everyone is to wear a mask when in stores, riding the metro, etc. Fine of 150 euro if not doing so. Fine with me. Secondary schools were supposed to open two days ago - has been put off til the 15th. Younger grandson goes to private daycare. Looks like they might not open til September. Kinda tough but if that's what it takes for us to avoid a second wave of the virus, then so be it. Word has it that Greece may be open for tourists starting in July. I figure if the restrictions are in place by end of May to middle of June, then we will have a good idea of what to expect in the summer as far as new cases go.

Rustylocks - a short working week is 2 0r 3 days. One day is no week at all!! inkele:

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] - hope things are going well with you. I meant to comment on a post you made a few days ago about how when your wife wasn't happy, you got all stressed. There is something that I and many others believe - we are not responsible for someone else's happiness. Only for our own. If someone is displeased or discontent with a situation/person/job/relationship, whatever, they have several choices - to adjust, to ignore, to leave. Any of those. But waiting for someone else to change how we react to something is useless. Our happiness depends solely on us.

And another thought I had a couple of days ago is that we often forget to do something that truly gives us pleasure each day. We wake up, we eat, we go about our tasks or go to work, whatever we do to occupy ourselves all day. What do we do that gives us pleasure? Something that we take time to truly enjoy even if it is as simple as a cup of coffee that we relish every sip of - don't just drink it because it's there. I think that often we miss out on pleasure in our everyday lives.

Anyway - back to the books that I don't enjoy but someone's gotta do them and I will treat myself to choccie after a good couple of hour's work. :flowerspin:

Hope you all have as good a day as you can make it!!!
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

we are not responsible for someone else's happiness
                                :thumbsup:
                                We cannot control nor is it our fault how others react to something. It is up to them to work on that.

we often forget to do something that truly gives us pleasure each day. We wake up, we eat, we go about our tasks or go to work, whatever we do to occupy ourselves all day. What do we do that gives us pleasure? Something that we take time to truly enjoy
                                Totally agree - enjoy without feeling guilt.

IN ALL RESPECTS - A GREAT POST STIRLS !! :yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X