X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    :thumbsup:
    We cannot control nor is it our fault how others react to something. It is up to them to work on that.

Totally agree - enjoy without feeling guilt.

IN ALL RESPECTS - A GREAT POST STIRLS !! :yay:
    Yeah, I do have my moments!!! :lemo:
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

We're talking to ourselves Stirls - so I'll go & walk with Rosie ....... sun shining - beautiful day .....

Laters :horse:

Comment

Morning,
        [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............very small funeral, just 5 mourners.........but those were the most important to him. His wife, brother and three sister in laws. They had no children. nor did his brother....................Marie Curie nurses should be sainted.
        There'll be one Hell of a party when we can get together.

Watched this last night ...................Coronavirus: Inclusive choir finds voice in lockdown - BBC News
        Made me smile and cry at the same time. If these kids can cope so can we.

This maybe what you're talking about................Coronavirus alert: Rare syndrome seen in UK children - BBC News

Just had my daily shouting conversation with next door neighbour.....wish he'd put his bloody ear-trumpets in. Its verging on The Muppet Show and the two old people in the balcony.

I :heartbeat: my Dyson.........looks like we've got a new carpet.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

I :heartbeat: my Dyson.........looks like we've got a new carpet.
          What 'V' did you get Jacks ..... ?

Comment

Afternoon folks. Just a quick fly by - it's been a busy few days with work and life.
            [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] - I do understand that I am responsible for my own happiness - I just haven't figured out how that works yet. And at the same time I feel responsible for other people unhappiness - and I suppose I am due to my behaviour. It's learning to live with that.

On Monday I spent some time with my family. Had a great chat with my daughter, just about day to day stuff. And had a good chat with my wife too. I had too bite my tongue on a few occasions when I recognised some things like irrational thinking, catastrophising etc. from her. I had to drop in briefly yesterday. All were good, I made them laugh a couple of times. That's nearly as bad as feeling bad when she/they feel bad. It's like I can only relax when they are ok with me. And when I don't know how they are - anxiety rules. It's like I don't know how I'm suppose to feel.

Anyway that's enough rambling out of me. I've just finished up my night shifts and I'm in the sort of mood where I'm just thinking through stuff. Feel ok though. I'm just gonna veg out in front of the TV and chill.

Comment

Afternoon all. Enjoy your chill time Chancy. Do you find it hard working nights or are you used to it?

I have those sort of conversations too JC with a next door neighbor. He was delighted with himself today, he went out for a little drive. First time he had driven in 8 weeks. Don’t envy your job for the summer Mary trying to deal with teens and everyone is doing it!

Another beautiful day here. Finished one of my clean up jobs in the garden and painted a table and chairs. Going for my walk now with hubby.

Comment

What 'V' did you get Jacks ..... ?
                It's a V8 extra Animal Extra..

I've even used the handheld bit to hoove Bess. She thought she was getting a massage. :hahaha:

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]...........the bloke next door is only a few years older than me but he didn't have his earplugs in...................he's still bemoaning the fact that his Tabge Rover delivery has been delayed. Poor sod has to trundle about in a 4X$ Merc. He was an electrician most of his money is under the bed not with the tax man.
                The rest of us plebs drive around in cars that leave bits behind if we hit a bump.

I just thank all that is good in this world that we're really good friends with our neighbours all around the court.............well apart from her at number 14, and him scross the road................ Been with us through thick and thin.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ye know Mary that wouldn't be any harm for kids from different households that are virus-free to now mix . Get the ball rolling on us mixing again and study the virus transmission rates better. Hiding at home will stop it spreading but they still need to know more about it to develop a vaccine.

I remember as a kid - if one child had Chickenpox - before vaccine - other kids on the road were sent to play with them to get it over with.... just sayin.
                  Yea I know Satz, I flip flop now between what we are doing and what other already easing countries are doing. Then there's Sweden. So many variables though.. the thing is, kids, teens, dont know how to stay socially distant. We've bumped into neighbours and their kids over the past couple of weeks when out walking.. the kids would swear they will be 2m apart and run off up a field then forget all about within 5 minutes. I know the risk is low, now that we have all been cocooning in our own homes - now doesnt concern me, but by mid July, its back to the beaches, parks and hoards of them hanging out together.. They are all so caught up in their teenage worlds, that rules about keeping apart just dont feature.
                  But yes, maybe we will be well on the way to beating this by them.
                  Greece and doing brilliant [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]. Great post earlier.

I have hoover envy.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning to you all. Hope this morning sees you all well.I

A sort of calmness has descended. I'm still a bit unsettled, getting used to my new surroundings and situation. But its starting to feel ok. I'm starting to be able to just switch off and relax a bit. Have a bit more acceptance of things. It's ok to be unhappy with how things have turned out - but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to to have good days, or that I can't be happy or content in the moment.

Anyhow - bit of a miserable day here weatherwise, so my plans for a walk are on hold. A pyjama day is called for I think. I'm tearing through the box sets. I have no real plans, so I'm just going to do whatever I fancy really.

Comment

Good morning Chancy and all to come. You sound good, it is amazing how much you have progressed since you joined the thread, well done. Bit colder and windy here this morning but not raining so I’ll take it.

It’s hard to know what is best with the virus, we have to live with this until the vaccine is found. My work has continued as usual with restrictions on movement, temperature checks each morning and now mask wearing is compulsory. It was really quiet the first week or two but getting much busier this week. I just try and social distance and constantly wash my hands. Relieved now that anyone coming in has to wear a mask as well. Once you go out at all you are at risk and we can’t stay locked up forever. Speaking of going out, must get ready to go do the weekly shop,

Comment

Do we live in the same country Chancer ?
                        Glorious sunny day here !!

Comment

Morning,
                          bright sunshine here with temps going up to a heady 16C....which in my book is baltic.............I'm sure I was meant to be born into warmer climates.......like the sun and I'd still need a cardi.
                          Our Bank Holiday is tomorrow............VE Day...........if I hear Vera Lynn warbling We'll meet Again...........I swear I'll poke my eyes out with pins.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; May 7, 2020, 04:53 AM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Not working this week at all until Saturday.
                            GOD I'd hate to be at home full-time ...... have to have something to get up & dressed for. Do the roots & put some make-up on.
                            Have to say though I can't see a huge difference in our lives to be honest. Well my life - as I don't go out to pubs etc a lot.
                            I even get to see my mother this afternoon. Through a wire fence in the garden but it's fine for both of us.....

Work is sad though : the coffins passing out through reception (& out the FRONT door as is only right ) a lot of days. But I am used to that now. The lovely old folk are all in 80s / 90s they have lived their lives and were ready to go.
                            Their families were all allowed to don PPE and be with them if COVID-19 is suspected.
                            Not all virus related.
                            Sometimes we are all happy that they decided to go .... not hang on to a half-life. Dignity gone because of a horrible disease that is Dementia.

Call me shallow now but ....
                            My main gripe is not being able to go to the shops when I feel like it - without that shaggin' Q of people ....
                            That will one of my abiding memories of this lockdown - Tesco car park as you pull in and this long line of people just staring at nothing.

I know they are not starving but it's still sad looking sight.

Comment

Good morning Ladies and Chancer!

Do we live in the same country Chancer ?
                              Glorious sunny day here !!
                              Well, I've heard that you can have 4 seasons in one day in your beautiful country so...! Was 17C but a bit windy when I left for work at 7:30. Still about the same but doesn't seem at all cold. Was warmer yesterday. Younger son took his boy (3-1/2) to the beach and he not only went in swimming but he didn't want to get out :egad: !!!
                              Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Morning,
                              bright sunshine here with temps going up to a heady 16C....which in my book is baltic.............I'm sure I was meant to be born into warmer climates.......like the sun and I'd still need a cardi.
                              Spare bedroom has yer name on it!!!
                              Not working this week at all until Saturday.
                              GOD I'd hate to be at home full-time ...... have to have something to get up & dressed for. Do the roots & put some make-up on.
                              Have to say though I can't see a huge difference in our lives to be honest. Well my life - as I don't go out to pubs etc a lot.
                              I even get to see my mother this afternoon. Through a wire fence in the garden but it's fine for both of us.....

Work is sad though : the coffins passing out through reception (& out the FRONT door as is only right ) a lot of days. But I am used to that now. The lovely old folk are all in 80s / 90s they have lived their lives and were ready to go.
                              Their families were all allowed to don PPE and be with them if COVID-19 is suspected.
                              Not all virus related.
                              Sometimes we are all happy that they decided to go .... not hang on to a half-life. Dignity gone because of a horrible disease that is Dementia.

Call me shallow now but ....
                              My main gripe is not being able to go to the shops when I feel like it - without that shaggin' Q of people ....
                              That will one of my abiding memories of this lockdown - Tesco car park as you pull in and this long line of people just staring at nothing.
                              I have mixed feelings about older people dying when they are not really living. It's sad on one hand but a relief on the other. If they're active like my Mom (90) and her companion (88), then hopefully they live many more years. If they have dementia, a chronic disease or something that causes them great pain and reduces significantly the quality of their life, then better they should go and no longer suffer.

Now as for the stores - not shallow at all if, like me, you like to shop. After all, if it's part of your every day life, of course you miss it. I do see however that you are hanging out with your new BBF. Not at the pubs, but online. Hope he doesn't bend yer ear too much. He just wants someone to pay attention to him from what I can gather and likes to talk about his issue. I guess no harm in that as long as we don't advertise how great it is to get walleyed when others are struggling to get sober....
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post

I do see however that you are hanging out with your new BBF. Not at the pubs, but online...
                                :haha:
                                When no-one to talk to here - I go there - trying to fecking figure it all out. Still haven't :egad:

Comment

Working...
                                X