X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    :haha:
    When no-one to talk to here - I go there - trying to fecking figure it all out. Still haven't :egad:
    Well I think it's kinda like this. I have an issue that I want to talk about. No one wants to listen to me so I go to a place where people discuss such things. I don't want to do anything about my issue. Just want people to discuss it with me.

Any issues you'd like to discuss, Satzybum? :moonwalk:
    Last edited by stirly-girly; May 7, 2020, 07:20 AM.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Well I think he well knows he has a problem so he goes to a place where potentially people have as big or bigger problems and he happily looks around and thinks 'ach I'm not as bad as him/her' and carries on thinking he's a grand lad with no problem.
      It's like that fat woman at the beach looking for and sitting beside the even fatter woman and thinkin 'jaysus I'm lovely ' bit harsh?
      Last edited by mollyka; May 7, 2020, 07:53 AM.
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I would like to discuss the COVID-19 virus and how we are all getting on during it.... good & bad ... including our other International friends in US & Australia.

But first 2 things:
        * Just made Banana / Porridge bread - it's different every day. A layer of homemade strawberry jam in the middle this time. We'll see !!
        * I'm really getting worried I won't get to Greece this year. I will be so upset if I don't :rant:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          Well I think he well knows he has a problem so he goes to a place where potentially people have as big or bigger problems and he happily looks around and thinks 'ach I'm not as bad as him/her' and carries on thinking he's a grand lad with no problem.
          It's like that fat woman at the beach looking for and sitting beside the even fatter woman and thinkin 'jaysus I'm lovely ' bit harsh?
          Not harsh Molls. I know whole families who do the same. Only mix in 'larger' circles.
          And they are related to me
          Last edited by satz123; May 7, 2020, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Now I have to go to an audience with my mother behind the wire

:llama:

Laters

Comment

And they are related to me
              That made me LOL!!!!

Hiya Molls!!!

Comment

Evening - mother looks like she put her finger in a light socket :haha:
                Her hair is growing upwards.

Apart from that she's in great form ....

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............ahh bless her. I :heartbeat: her and want to adopt her.

Apart from not getting out to my little volunteer job and my little coffee meetings with a few friends and having Mr. JC in the back bedroom this shit storm hasn't affected me much hasn't made much difference to me.
                  I was a solitary child and now I'm a solitary adult. I'm not lonely.

Today I have spoken to more people than I would in a month. Sometime in the future, there will be a get together for the lad who died............but there's no hurry. My friends are true and long lasting.

As Bess eneters the last few months of her life it worries me that I won't be with her, she's aging daily and if I overthink it breaks my heart that I won't hold her paw on her last journey.............although looking at her bouncing around the front lawn whe the clapping went on tonight she may outlive me.

Has the virus changed me............a few things how much I do value my real life friends (albeit few) and keep also you close to my heart in the Army and patience.

Because of one click and deliver we've become increasingly impatient. We will go on holiday again, we will see our mates, we will complain about the queues everywhere at Christmas. Traffic jams will return, planes, trains etc will frustrate us.
                  As for the other thing..................there's an AA phrase. Take the cotton wool out of ears, put it in the mouth and listen.
                  Last edited by JackieClaire; May 7, 2020, 02:57 PM.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

As Bess eneters the last few months of her life it worries me that I won't be with her, she's aging daily and if I overthink it breaks my heart that I won't hold her paw on her last journey..........
                    SHE'S NOT Jacks :heart:?? Now that makes me cry more than anything.
                    I often think lately I may be mad - but dogs are such defenseless and loyal creatures I like them better than most humans.
                    They don't care that you look a wreck, saggy lumpy bits, hair roots down to your ears, manky trakkie bottoms & T-shirt they'll love you anyway.

If you saw Rosie's face this eve after Mr S gave out to her for jumping in the water after a duck.
                    She looked like she was crying & kept looking at him for forgiveness.
                    Last edited by satz123; May 8, 2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]
                      As Bess eneters the last few months of her life it worries me that I won't be with her, she's aging daily and if I overthink it breaks my heart that I won't hold her paw on her last journey.............although looking at her bouncing around the front lawn whe the clapping went on tonight she may outlive me..
                      :hug: dont overthink, easier said than done.. She probably doesn't even know she's slowing down, just living in the moment.

Covid good:
                      Not running around like a loon. More time to cook. On top of laundry. Hanging out with the kids & Mr M. Garden is really taking shape. Running a lot. No lunches to make, no uniforms to get ready. Slower pace. ASOS deliver in 2 days from THE UK.

Covid bad (aside from the obvious sick and dying):
                      My hair.
                      Not running with my mates.

Moved offices today, to the sitting room. Facilities dept was slow to pickup the request, but did excellent work in the end. :happy2:
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning all...

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - love the pic! Glad yer Mum is okay!

I was a solitary child and now I'm a solitary adult. I'm not lonely.
                        Said by a person who is comfortable in their own skin. It is wonderful when we don't rely on others for company. It is a sign of being at peace with ourselves.
                        As Bess enters the last few months of her life it worries me that I won't be with her, she's aging daily and if I overthink it breaks my heart that I won't hold her paw on her last journey.............although looking at her bouncing around the front lawn whe the clapping went on tonight she may outlive me.

Has the virus changed me............a few things how much I do value my real life friends (albeit few) and keep also you close to my heart in the Army and patience.

Because of one click and deliver we've become increasingly impatient. We will go on holiday again, we will see our mates, we will complain about the queues everywhere at Christmas. Traffic jams will return, planes, trains etc will frustrate us.
                        As for the other thing..................there's an AA phrase. Take the cotton wool out of ears, put it in the mouth and listen.
                        Enjoy your time with her as much a you can. Of course you will be with her. You will do what I did with my Freddie - hold her gently as she leaves and tell her how much joy she brought you. :heartbeat:
                        I often think lately I may be mad - but dogs are such defenseless and loyal creatures I like them better than most humans.
                        That about sums it how I feel as well.
                        Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Covid good:
                        Not running around like a loon. More time to cook. On top of laundry. Hanging out with the kids & Mr M. Garden is really taking shape. Running a lot. No lunches to make, no uniforms to get ready. Slower pace. ASOS deliver in 2 days from THE UK.

Covid bad (aside from the obvious sick and dying):
                        My hair.
                        Not running with my mates.
                        I like your post Mers.

Covid good - after the first manic scrambling for protective masks and a zillion phone calls a day, I had the office/store to myself and relative peace and quiet. I liked that and now that customers are starting to drop in again, I'm not so keen on it TBH.
                        The lack of traffic. The air is cleaner and the noise level is down. Driving home from work is much nicer without all those stressed out drivers on the road.
                        In general, things are more peaceful and it's lovely to see families doing things together outside like riding bikes and walking. And of course, getting back into regular daily contact with youz here in the Army!

Covid bad - aside from, as Mers said, the sickness and deaths, the only thing I can say I miss is being able to hug and play with my grandson and getting together with my family and friends. But that will happen again. Oh and I miss shopping. But summer will find us making up for all of that!! In general, I can't say that it has been a bad experience. Just wouldn't want to go through it again.

Wishing you all a grand day. Gorgeous and sunny here - supposed to go up to 23C!! Bring it on!!!!

Comment

Covid good points:
                          Work is more of a blessing than a curse.
                          No traffic has halved my journey time.
                          There is nothing to waste money on.
                          Seriously considering tasking up running again.
                          I'm catching up on lots of box sets.
                          I think we all might appreciate the company of people a bit more after all this.
                          The solidarity shown as a country and globally has restored my faith in humanity somewhat.
                          The frontline services are finally getting the respect they are due.
                          Bad points:
                          The anxiety, stress, uncertainty and sadness of it all.
                          It's a bit lonely.
                          My hands are like paper some days from all the hand sanitiser.
                          My poor parents are been driven half cracked from staying in - they're getting their revenge for my teenage years!
                          Sheer and utter boredom some days.
                          I've gone from not having enough time to think things through to having too much time.
                          The economy.
                          We're going to see an upsurge in people with mental health issues.

Comment

Morning,
                            It is sad about Bess but she's keeping me sane at the moment and she does make us laugh. Its just day by day she gets a little stiffer and its a little harder for her to sit down or lie down. We went through this with Sir Dylan the Magnificent (biggest golden Lab you've ever seen). She'll let us know when its time.

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]
                            Bless your hands.
                            Can't recommend this high enough.
                            Vaseline Intensive Care Body Lotion Essential Healing 2ml - Boots
                            My MIL swears by Astral.......she's 95 and got skin like a baby.
                            Also handy hints.
                            How to Get Soft Hands (with Pictures) - wikiHow
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ya gotta love the Army!!
                              [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - your post telling [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] about what hand creams to get reminded me of the time that Tabbers was in a L’Occitane store trying to find a present for his wife. He posted in the Army asking what we thought would be a nice gift. Of course he got suggestions but we also told him not to tell the sales girl that what he had picked out was recommended by a bunch of alkie ladies!! LMAO here!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                                Ya gotta love the Army!!
                                [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - your post telling [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] about what hand creams to get reminded me of the time that Tabbers was in a L’Occitane store trying to find a present for his wife. He posted in the Army asking what we thought would be a nice gift. Of course he got suggestions but we also told him not to tell the sales girl that what he had picked out was recommended by a bunch of alkie ladies!! LMAO here!!!!
                                OMG................:hahaha::hahaha:
                                Yes I do.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X