Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Erection.........tee hee (inner 12 year old coming there)
    :haha: (another 12 year old)
    [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] Good god, that is toxic. X post Molly and great advise Satz. WHats your HR dept like [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]? I would be taking this one seriously. No one should feel like that at work. His job is to support you.
    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION], definitely worth doing the math.. get a stress free part time job somewhere to keep things ticking over? in a gardening center or an icecream van!

Daughter and husband having massive scrap here. I am not taking sides....:sighbubble:
    Last edited by IamMary; June 11, 2020, 05:30 PM.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning! Laying abed...lovely!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Morning! Laying abed...lovely!
        Me too !!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Me too !!
          Me three
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Get up ye lazy lumps. I’m up since silly o’clock. I have a guest (daughter did c-section on little rescue dog, she lost most of the pups but one survived). Mom and baby here and baby being bottle fed every two hours. She got up and did all the night feeds and I took over from 6. That way she gets a few hours before work. Never a dull moment. Speaking of dull, not very nice weather wise but got walk in the woods with doggies and friends so happy with that. Don’t envy you the teenager drama Mary. Invest in some swinging hinges.

Comment

I'm up now...jilly is here tormenting me trying to go to Canaries in July....no PART of her understands that #1 I'm back at work #2 there's quarantine and #3 I'm fecked if I'm getting in a plane with 200 unknowns for 4 and a half hours!!

Comment

But it's AWFUL cheap :welldone:

Comment

I'm up, I'm up. In my defense I was trying to get another level on a game I'm playing on my kindle.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............I can go to the shops no bother. When Mr. JC and I do the big shop, I wear surgical gloves and a mask and my Padding Bear stare when someone gets to close is near perfection.
                  What I meant was just nipping over the big field if I've forgotten something or just run out of something..............we have to wait in queues aoutside each and every shop......each shop is just letting in how many they can cope to keep social distancing....you can't just nip in. So if I wanted to nip into Tesco for a pint of milk and could be stood outside for half an hour or nip over to M &S for a couple of custard slices another 15 mins.............nip into Boots for a mascara........another 15 mins.
                  Can't even nip into the paper shop to get a magazine as its three people only at a time.

So what would be a little jaunt across the big field would turn into trek.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                    Get up ye lazy lumps. I’m up since silly o’clock. I have a guest (daughter did c-section on little rescue dog, she lost most of the pups but one survived). Mom and baby here and baby being bottle fed every two hours. She got up and did all the night feeds and I took over from 6. That way she gets a few hours before work. Never a dull moment. Speaking of dull, not very nice weather wise but got walk in the woods with doggies and friends so happy with that. Don’t envy you the teenager drama Mary. Invest in some swinging hinges.
                    Keep us updated. Poor little mite.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Going for three in a row...............shocking news for us non- drinking marmite lovers.......

Higher demand for the spread and yeast shortages have led to a halt in production of some packs.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                        Lets see, not exactly storming but… No social distancing going on at my desk by order of my boss. Even though my entire organisation is working from home by default and anyone wanting to work in the office needs permission, I am not allowed to work at home without permission. I had been told we were meeting Tuesday morning to discuss some questions I had about how to run 'a report'. Had been told repeatedly I could ask as many questions as I needed to document how to do a very fiddly task involving multiple data downloads and about 20 pivot tables in a workbook that was coming up full of error messages thanks to the minimal instructions he gave on how to update it. When we sat down and I started asking the questions, he grabbed my mouse and started clicking away irritably. I said 'that's not helping me, I can't follow what you are doing. You need to explain while I do it so I don't miss a step and I’ll take notes.' He got very irate and started saying how I should already know the answers and got very rude, saying very loudly 'it's a really simple report' so that everyone else in the room turned around to see what's the commotion. I said 'I need to go for a walk now and I'll talk to you about this when I get back" and went off for 20 mins to cool my jets. Figured keeping my cool was the best option and hoped he would reset himself. Came back and worked for a bit as he rescheduled for the afternoon. I was trying to follow his instructions and got different results every time. Saved 6 versions of the outcome. Next try at asking my questions, he got even more angry and shouty, so I was truly mortified and embarrassed in front of everyone. Was very hard to keep my cool this time so shot out an 'I'm not stupid' to which I got 'HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME..' and 'I WILL BE REPORTING THIS' to which I retorted 'so will I don't you worry'. Then when he was about to say more I said "Nope, not doing this now, NO. I'm going home." I have figured once I'm shaking and freaking out it's not good to remain at work. I took yesterday off then tried to go back in this morning. Unfortunately he decided to pick up where he left off so I lasted approximately 10 minutes before the shaking and thumping heart told me I'd better be out of there again. I rang the big boss after that and got permission to work from home tomorrow. Lord knows what will happen next week. At least I have a few days before I have to deal with it.
                        Nope. No way would I tolerate that. Not from anyone including this dickhead.
                        Is there an IT division with a nice person to help you remotely? Or Zoom and share screen, give you a tutorial maybe?
                        It will allow you extra time to get that written complaint together citing the Code of Conduct and Australian Govt Covid -19 restrictions. Because Little Penis doesn't approve the restrictions for Covid-19 or Work Cover. Does he?
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                          Hey Rustop, I've always wondered why you say Mom instead of Mum. None of my business of course, much like the curiosity I had for years about your avatar and what was sitting on your head before I came out and asked.
                          I hope that little pupper survives. What a little trooper. And I guess this means we've got a vet in the family
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            Going for three in a row...............shocking news for us non- drinking marmite lovers.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53005434
                            If they had stopped making 700 ml sized Vodka, I still would have bought 350mls.

As a matter of fact, in the end I only bought 350's as:
                            a. It meant that I was not an alcoholic if I could stop-at one bottle
                            b. I could still get up and function. If you call that functioning.
                            c. They come in a plastic hip flask type bottle which does not make a crashing noise on garbo night.

Unfortunately my methodology was flawed as:
                            a. I am an alcoholic.
                            b. I was delusional in relation to my level of performance, as with so many other things.
                            c. The plastic, being light and aerodynamic, would often escape enroute the garbo truck and tumble in multiples down the street exposing my shame to the early morning school children and accompaniers. I actually heard a Mum once say through gritted teeth - the kid wanted to pick one up for a craft project - 'Don't touch it! It's dirty!' ... Indeed.

Right. Well that's got bugger all to do with anything. I'm off for the night.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

and of course I had to go back and look at Rusters avatar ;-)
                              We have 95 different terms for mum here in Ireland -- mum mom ma mam mammy mother mummy bitch --- ENDLESS ;-)
                              I really agree with the 'pop out' version of shopping having disappeared -- I needed piriton for about a week before I braced myself for the chemist shop --- and it's not that bad -- it's just not immediate -- even getting petrol is a production - himself has gone off to look for equipment for this poxy dog and I never bothered to use him to get the petrol -- pox on it!
                              Tilly has arrived in to keep me company -- this is a first -- choosing me over mommamammymother ;-)

Comment

I HATE marmite

size of bottles -- mmm -- well one of the first HUGE signs to me that I was in SERIOUS trouble was when I started thinking the 750ml was a bit small - and the litre bottle was way better -- and when things escalated I could get two days out of a litre but not out of a 750ml so much better for not over frequenting the offie

I could never understand anyone buying the wee bottles - either the airplane sized ones OR the naggin… when I came here first some folks used to talk about having the small little ones in their handbags for during the day - well they were only a swig to me... couldn't see the point - yuck -- nasty even thinking bout it

Comment

Working...
                                X