International Army June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

And I could NEVER understand why we didn't embrace the plastic bottles like they had on the continent -- (sorry polar bears - I really really apologize) I could burn the evidence in the fire if they were plastic -- the glass needed REAL disposal -
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

and that WAS 3 in a row -- and this is 4:welldone:

Comment

"i need marmite like oxygen" LOLs
        It is blessed Friday and the weekend is here
        Good night dears
        that is all :happy2:

Comment

Night Fickles,
          I :heartbeat: Marmite.
          When the kitchen fitters were here ............ I had one of those shudders when I remembered I used to hide miniature bottles of voddie in a teeny space under the bottom shelf.........I thought it was genius at the time............have never seen anyone lying on the floor with a knitting needle and a pair of cooking tongs making sure there was none in there. There wasn't I must have done it earlier..............I used to make a dash to our nearby litter bin......and chuck my other empties in there.........honestly I should have been a spy I was so covert.

You know it was hard work.

My plastic 'water' bottle was quarter lemonade and the rest vodka.

I'm off to have a look again through my Granny's knitting folder..................she had a pattern with Roger Moore (yes James Bond) showing how lully he is in a yellow sweater. Can't part with that.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Going for three in a row...............shocking news for us non- drinking marmite lovers.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53005434
            I LOVE Marmite - on everything : in everything.
            Just get seduced by the latest & greatest thing and forget about my lully jar in the press.
            I think since I stopped eating bread so much - the Marmite got pushed to the back until I get reminded, like now - and I can actually feel my mouth water.
            Like when you think of a cut lemon.

I'm gonna dig it out for me lunch tomorrow. ZOOOoooooooM
            thanks JC.

Comment

I may have to hoard when it comes back.............it has a use-by date of a 1000 years
              It's fab in stews and spag bol.
              Today has been one of those never ending days and the weather is dismal......my poor hollyhocks are battered.
              Nighty night.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

yuck -- nasty even thinking bout it
                I don't know how to explain it Molls - but that sentence you used years ago was one that , when I came to the army, jumped out at me.
                I dunno I think maybe I was in awe that you and been a drinker & now you could look back & say 'yuck' -
                mmm funny that..... how a word can strike you like that?

It's why I live in hope that our musings here will strike a cord with someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  I may have to hoard when it comes back.............it has a use-by date of a 1000 years
                  It's fab in stews and spag bol.
                  When I was hungover years ago too - I used to make up the marmite in a mug and soak bread in it and eat it like that. :haha:
                  T'was lully - mushy - but sloppy - but I'm sure it was the vitamin B's or the yeast I was craving ....

Comment

Im in Mollys anti-marmite camp.. uke:

Rustop, well done to your daughter and you... poor little doggers.

Yes, the evidence. I used to wrap each clanging bottle with loads of newspaper, no more that 3 in each black bag. Green bin was hardly used in dem days.

Wonder how [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] is doing.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all...and AGAIN ....still in the bed...getting up now tho...back in a bit......

Comment

I'm up but not dressed...............not that I'm sitting here in the nuddie. Faithful old pink leopard-skin dressing gown.............I'll prolly be buried in it.

Just looking for the golf umbrella for the queue to get into Tesco. Guess what its raining.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night everyone. Day brightened and turned out lovely. Spent most of it outside and did a little bit of painting this evening. Got Italian food delivered so did not have to cook, yaaah. Think I’ll hit the leaba with Netflix.

Comment

Quiet here today or did we all get washed away in the rain. Didn't rain but was incredibly humid and sticky.
                            Off to watch Ironman 3..............I got the box set for Christmas.

I was thinking where Chancer had got to...........hope he's okay.

And if Tabbers is about, I'm making a coffee and walnut cake tomorrow

Night all.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yep like Rusters the day was lovely after a slow start so bitta gardening and lots of reading..I too in the leaba and will say goodnight...xx

Comment

I should be in bed too.
                                I'm shattered - but stuck into Suits season 8.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X