Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

G'day all, a Sunny Sunday morning here.

Thanks too everyone for being so supportive :victorious: been reading policy and making dot points for my meeting with the big boss tomorrow so feel well prepared.

Out for another walk shortly then off to get a trailerload of firewood with son so will be splitting and stacking this afternoon. Not sure what I'd do without him.

Must say, I had a passion for Vegemite but I do associate it with hangovers so must be a vitamin B thing. Every now and then I make one of my keto pancakes with melted cheese and vegemite.. yum!!

I got some L-Glut for sugar cravings and started taking it mid last week. I noticed pain in my ankles and feet is much less even in a few days so I googled it and found it does a lot more than just help with sugar cravings! This is very exciting indeed!! Thanks [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] for reminding me it existed!!

I too am wondering how [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] is going and hope all is well in his world

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
      G'day all, a Sunny Sunday morning here.

Thanks too everyone for being so supportive :victorious: been reading policy and making dot points for my meeting with the big boss tomorrow so feel well prepared.

Out for another walk shortly then off to get a trailerload of firewood with son so will be splitting and stacking this afternoon. Not sure what I'd do without him.

Must say, I had a passion for Vegemite but I do associate it with hangovers so must be a vitamin B thing. Every now and then I make one of my keto pancakes with melted cheese and vegemite.. yum!!

I got some L-Glut for sugar cravings and started taking it mid last week. I noticed pain in my ankles and feet is much less even in a few days so I googled it and found it does a lot more than just help with sugar cravings! This is very exciting indeed!! Thanks [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] for reminding me it existed!!

I too am wondering how [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] is going and hope all is well in his world
      Hey fickle - I love that you take every bit of advice & go with it.
      We tend to think we know it all and won't even try new things ...

I'm delighted it's working for you :hug:

Comment

duplicate
        Last edited by satz123; June 14, 2020, 02:50 AM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

Good morning everyone. That’s happening a lot Satz. Good luck with your meeting with the big boss Fickle. Not a lot planned, at least it is not raining so might get out for a walk. Just did two of the feeds with the little puppy, went back to sleep after the 6 am one which I usually don’t do, it really is like having a baby. Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Comment

Morning all!!
            Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Hey fickle - I love that you take every bit of advice & go with it.
            We tend to think we know it all and won't even try new things ...

I'm delighted it's working for you :hug:
            What an important point! and not just to do with addiction either --- how MUCH in life do we never ever learn because we 'know it all' or we are too embarrassed or proud to admit that there's something we know nothing about or that we know better... in the work place - in the family - everywhere -- but in other areas of life mostly we can muddle through and get to where we need to be albeit by the long route -- BUT -- in this game -- knowing it all is potentially fatal.. in Áiseiri one of the first things I was told was to 'leave your brains at the front door ' -- to that I would add - we should leave our pride there also. It's not easy to admit that we don't know stuff - but as regards addiction - because I was mentally brought so low by alcohol in the end I was more than happy to accept that others knew HEAPS more than me and was perfectly happy to soak up the information.

It hadn't always been that way -- in the 2-3 years I was trying to quit - before I quit - I DID know it all - and feck it - cocked up -- time and time and time again - not listening to people - being a know-it-all..... that was 100% the difference between this quit and the previous ones...

Lovely day here - Joe's gone off with his mates on the bike and I have the house ALL to myself.... heavenly heaven!!!

MrChancer?? show your face -- we're missing you!!
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening everyone.

Right I must be getting onto that L Glut powder if it helps with inflammation as well.
              Very short but pleasant weekend here.

My new passion? Night gardening.
              It's not a thing but I'm going to make it a thing. You need to strap one of those head lamps on and so much the better if you've got flood lights. You look like a freaking lunatic but so what? I am getting so much done-it's amazing. Just rug up and away you go.

Still haven't watched Gardener's World for the weeknd so I'm off to do that. It's very sad without Nigel around.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hallo Army and Happy Sunday!!

A lovely warm day today, threatening to get hot by midday - I've already closed the windows to the warm air blowing in. Perfect day for the beach but I'm not allowed. Had a tooth extracted on Friday aft so am to avoid any exertion and not be in the sun. Okay by me - being a lazy cow in my nice cool apartment.
                [MENTION=1236]nomore[/MENTION]chances - where are you? You are missed. Please check in...
                [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - did you get a dogger? I took a quick glance back over the threads and the word popped out at me? Love doggers but they do need attention. Will be great for the grandkids tho'!
                [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - we need reportage on the gazebo. And pics, if possible.... :smile:
                [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - good that you have all your facts in order. Give em hell!! Behavior like that should never, ever be tolerated.
                [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] - so YOU have a puppy. Lad or Lassie - breed? Age? Pics?
                [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - are the kids back in school yet? Grandson goes to private daycare and they opened two weeks ago. Schools, I'm not sure about. Finishing years yes, not sure about the others.
                [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - how are things at work? Do people come to visit their parents/relatives or is that still not allowed?
                [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - waves to you! What's with the work situ there? Will you be going back or still work from home?
                [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - hope you are still getting your daily runs in and that Mr. B is comfortable...

I'm a little confused here as to what to do, frankly. Stores are all open for a few weeks now. Grandson at daycare - gets dropped off at our store twice a week so basically, being in contact with him, I'm in contact with hundreds of others. My thick, smelly employee's wife works in a clothing store at the biggest mall in Athens , so she, and thus he, are in contact with people all day. Wear a mask, don't wear a mask? Wear gloves, don't wear gloves. Of the ten customers a day who come into our store (we are mostly wholesale so therefore deliver), only one person will be wearing a mask. Dunno....
                I am experimenting today by making whole wheat soda crackers. And my cherry tomato plants have a ton of little tomatoes on them and some of them are starting to ripen!!

Anyway, wishing you all a very enjoyable Sunday, wherever you are, whatever the weather.
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  Evening everyone.

Right I must be getting onto that L Glut powder if it helps with inflammation as well.
                  Very short but pleasant weekend here.

My new passion? Night gardening.
                  X-Post, Bridge. Why, oh why, do you garden at night? Here you'd get eaten alive by mosquitoes.... :egad:

Comment

CHERRY TOMATOES.jpg

Comment

Its afternoon here.....hadn't noticed I've been hit by a wave of ennui, so apologies for the shortish post.
                      Stopping drinking is the easy bit................staying stopped is tricky. My sobriety is mine and I own it. of. My children respect me, Mr. JC respects me.............they respect my opinions because they're not coming from a bottle of pinot or a bottle of vodka. I'd lose all that by picking up a drink.......one drink would never be enough.

The weather's not helping my ennui............another dull, overcast, rainy day.

And gazebogate goes on.............with it being so shagging miserable outside I don't know how we're going to get a practice assembly.

I'll get some pictures of the garden..............its looking rather bonnie, But for some reason, the camera on my phone is fecked and I have to keep re-booting the damned phone four or five times a day. I'll get Mr JC to do some. Time for a new phone.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

NO Stirly no dog yet..it's getting born in Kerry...speaking of which...during our lockdown heatwave I suggested to Joe for the craic we could escape with our wee tent..to the beach for a night...bring picnic midnight swim....an adventure

NOW....I'm back at work...the lockdown is all but lifted and the weather is ok..but no heatwave....NOW he wants me to go to Kerry...in my good car...and sleep in a (One man) tent..to pick up HIS dog.when I queried why in gods NAME would I want to do that....like a 5 yr old says he 'BUT YOU SAID.......?'

NO
                        Stick with the folded gazebo jacks or they'll decide you could go to India in it or summat

Comment

Yeah let's see the garden jacks...mine is a wilderness cept for my patio....it's smashing...dunno how to put photos up tho....are they grapes Stirly?

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Yeah let's see the garden jacks...mine is a wilderness cept for my patio....it's smashing...dunno how to put photos up tho....are they grapes Stirly?
                            Cherry tomatoes!! Grapes are at the very early stages right now. They look like this Tiny grapes.jpg

And when ready to be harvested, will look like this. Grapes ripened on vine.jpg

My special friend has 16 acres of vineyards. And he's got tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, watermelon and honey dew melons planted on the land as well...

Comment

I used to grow zucchini (courgettes as we call them) but latherin heart -- you'd ignore them for one day and they would take over the garden -- Day of the Triffids had nothin on them - love growing tomatoes -- dunno why I didn't bother this year... my peas and lettuce - spuds and carrots - onions -- all flying - apples are a bit sparser than last year for some reason but should be an ok crop

Turned cool here so just come in and thinkin I don't want to cook -- so trying furiously to ferret around in my head for something that doesn't take cooking ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]5290[/ATTACH]
                                Oh Stirls they are just fab. I love tomatoes - especially when I know they are not sprayed.

On the work front - visiting starts on 16th - with 2 designated visitors and then only one at a time.

I'd say if there is a whiff of a temperature or cough - they'll slam the door shut again.
                                I counted since January this year we had 19 losses.
                                They say not all COVID-19 related - but I have my suspicions that they were ill and COVID finished them. earlier.
                                In some cases a blessing tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                X