International Army June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Crikey that's a lot of people...a lot of mourning families....just hit home when you know the people....I've yet to meet anyone who even KNOWS someone who died...just the one lad who recovered...doesn't seem to be a lot out this neck of the woods or maybe I'm just living in a bubble
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Crikey that's a lot of people...a lot of mourning families....just hit home when you know the people....I've yet to meet anyone who even KNOWS someone who died...just the one lad who recovered...doesn't seem to be a lot out this neck of the woods or maybe I'm just living in a bubble
      To be honest Molls - unless you work in or visit someone in a Care facility, know people who are very ill anyway or hang out with over 80s I'd say most people are like you..
      Because I think that covers most of the Irish deaths anyway.
      I'd be same as you but that I work in NH & visit my mother in NH & hang out with the over 80s :haha:
      Does all that shite make sense ?

I told you about Sarah. She's 97 - no need for glasses - no hearing aid and marches around demanding phone calls every 15 minutes, and driving me demented.
      She drinks Guinness every day - just sayin' :egad:
      We had a war of wills today & she won.

Comment

On my kindle, so excuse spelling. I love Sarah. Sounds like my Gran. Lived on her own to she was a 100. Her only Ness were iron tablets.

Back to the effing gazebo. It's portable canvas. We want to give it a practice erection to make sure it's got all its bits. I

Geez, it's hard enough typing on a kindle, how do people do it their phone🤔
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Pure laziness I'm pretty much using my phone all the time...except for the epics:welldone:
          Goodnight folks..dog tired from doing nothing..xx

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
            X-Post, Bridge. Why, oh why, do you garden at night? Here you'd get eaten alive by mosquitoes.... :egad:
            Winter here. They're all dead. Will be carrying ops over to summer with the addition of some natural repellent. It's awesome fun!

I'm confused as to why the whole planet is in the same state of confusion. Is it because we all listen to each other's news and get mixed up? I'm just defaulting to staying in to be safe.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
              Winter here. They're all dead. Will be carrying ops over to summer with the addition of some natural repellent. It's awesome fun!

I'm confused as to why the whole planet is in the same state of confusion. Is it because we all listen to each other's news and get mixed up? I'm just defaulting to staying in to be safe.
              Dya know...I think that's exactly it...us following Azerbaijan rules..they're following Australia.. you're following outer Mongolia..and the Americans following no one!!
              No wonder we're muddled!
              First morning I woke up and felt the world is nearly 'normal'.....hopefully not just in time for the 2nd wave!...
              I always water my garden before bed..do a bit of dead heading etc..it's lovely...don't be digging out flower beds nor nothing tho
              Last edited by mollyka; June 15, 2020, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Good morning from a muggy costa del mersey .
                Nothing to report except a big row with my brother on the telephone regarding his dreadful racist views. Feel a bit upset but also needed to confront him in case he thought I shared his racism!
                Mr A doing OK and big excitement as Tesco order coming this morning!

Comment

Weird people have horribly racist views I find...perfectly lovely friendly people come into the library and then ...all of a sudden you can be 'engaged' in a perfectly vile conversation...trying to back away..disengage in case anyone thinks I'm involved in the diatribe.
                  Our town is a good mix of all races and with some initial problems it is now comfortable in it's own skin...some of the ...shall we say.....posher neighbourhoods nearby ..a lot of their residents are disgusting with their views...truly vile

Comment

Morning from a damp and muggy Costa del Tyne,
                    The utter ignorance of some astounds, horrifies and saddens me and, and that nudge and a wink and 'I was only joking' doesn't work with me.

Himself is at work, they're trying to work out how they can get clients in the office......by the time they've decided we'll have a vaccine. You know lawyers have their own time scale.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      To be honest Molls - unless you work in or visit someone in a Care facility, know people who are very ill anyway or hang out with over 80s I'd say most people are like you..
                      Because I think that covers most of the Irish deaths anyway.
                      I'd be same as you but that I work in NH & visit my mother in NH & hang out with the over 80s :haha:
                      Does all that shite make sense ?

I told you about Sarah. She's 97 - no need for glasses - no hearing aid and marches around demanding phone calls every 15 minutes, and driving me demented.
                      She drinks Guinness every day - just sayin' :egad:
                      We had a war of wills today & she won.
                      Your NH sounds awesome Satz, ours are terrible here, I had truly devastating experiences with both my parents when they had to go in, one after the other. I had to be there almost every day to make sure they were alright.. so many times I'd come in and find them in a bad way and it was impossible to get anything done about it because by complaining I'd just make enemies. I had to get relays of friends from church to visit as well so they'd get enough visits to make sure nothing too bad happened. I can't begin to tell you about it because it was just so awful. We had to have a Royal Commission Into Aged Care (long past due) because it's so utterly dreadful. Now we will see if anything comes of it. I doubt it. It will be like the Royal Commission Into Aboriginal Deaths In Custody. Very few recommendations were ever implemented. I don't know why but the tragedies continue.

My meeting went well and I'm hopeful my manager will get some training. Deep down I don't think he's bad, just not at all self aware. I'm appreciating my big boss v muchly as he's said I don't have to give the feedback to my manager and that he will talk to him for me. Fingers crossed he will behave from now on and stop yelling.

Take care everyone, I am enjoying reading everyone's posts. Nightski!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        Hallo Army!!

Um, er, I'm going to ask a very touchy question here. We ladies (no gents here at the moment) are from various corners of our world but we are also connected with people who live elsewhere whether they be family or people we know from some group/forum. My dentist asked me if I personally or if anyone I know, knows someone who tested positive for Covid 19 - did the quarantine thing, but actually had symptoms. My answer was no. It kinda made me wonder and I am also curious to see what your take on this is. Good in a way but kinda scary in another....
                        Last edited by stirly-girly; June 15, 2020, 08:58 AM.
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Afternoon.. its such a lovely day here, I cant focus on work at all.
                          Windows are all open, I could be in Greece

None of our schools are back yet [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] and although most of our day-care (creche's) are private, I dont think they can open up under the current guidelines. Secondary schools are off for the summer, so older kids are off. Primary schools only have this week and next week left, so effectively off. This week is sports week, what ever that means. I got the rolled eyes when I suggested a lap of the garden with an egg and spoon.

Well I know of 2 people who were in ICU. Both made it out. No one personally. One of my kids friends' mother, who I knew only to say hello to, did pass away in April. We don't know from what though, it was very quiet. She couldnt have been more that early 50s, if even, but very over weight.

I suppose with a population 5 million, 1700 (deaths) is a small percentage.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                            Hallo Army!!

Um, er, I'm going to ask a very touchy question here. We ladies (no gents here at the moment) are from various corners of our world but we are also connected with people who live elsewhere whether they be family or people we know from some group/forum. My dentist asked me if I personally or if anyone I know, knows someone who tested positive for Covid 19 - did the quarantine thing, but actually had symptoms. My answer was no. It kinda made me wonder and I am also curious to see what your take on this is. Good in a way but kinda scary in another....
                            Evening everyone. I know of two people who had it and thankfully both survived. Took one of the ladies in crochet about 5 weeks to start to feel better. Convinced it was here weeks before the first reported case and they reported at the weekend about a man in the south who caught it in the community mid February.

Another beautiful day. Bbq’d this evening, nice and quick. Catching up on some of my shows on tv.

Comment

Evening folks -- not sure what you're asking Stirly - is it just that we don't all know lots of folks who've got it? I know I haven't known of anyone really as I said earlier. neither has anyone in my family or anyone I work with.. but then there hasn't been a huge amount of cases here in Ireland.. like Benjy says - the vast majority of cases - and deaths unfortunately were in nursing homes or meat processing plants.. very few cases in the community generally.

Bit tired this evening - no reason really -- think the heat is tiring maybe - certainly not hard work -- another day off -- or SORRY -- 'working from home' officially - tomorrow -- then the rest of the week working..

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]................how on earth do you work from home.............does a van bring a big load of books round to your gaff

I know of two deaths, but literally know no one whos caught it.
                                As for deaths per capita go we're second worst in the world. 627.44 deaths per million.
                                Mainly nursing homes and working/poorer class areas.

COVID deaths worldwide were highest in Peru, topping a list that compares deaths per million in 210 countries worldwide.

Gotta go desperately trying to make a satay sauce and failing miserable.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X