International Army June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Well apparently I'm one of the whizz kids on social media..running courses...online book clubs..yoga sessions..my talents are endless ;-)
    By all accounts the 'true' figures of deaths will come out further down the road ...excess mortality according to the CSO..and lots of countries are obviously lying through their teeth...but it will out...apparently Ireland's figure pretty much relates correctly so at least there's that...can only IMAGINE the true figures in China
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Just melt peanut butter with some chilli flakes...it's grand:welldone:

Comment

Morning and waves to the world.........
        The truth will out.
        Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Just melt peanut butter with some chilli flakes...it's grand:welldone:
        Gawd this one had yoghurt, garlic, crunchy peanut butter, ginger, my patience, soy sauce...............I'll use your recipe the next time..........if there is a next time this century.

Had to ring the opticians as my left eye its blurry, dry and basically just not working.......They're taking clients (or am I a patient). Actually I just rang to get some advice and they want to see me.

Seeing yer man that sorted Satz out.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I presume you tried drops? That happens to me every spring time - it's hayfever for me - but also as I get older my eyes have gotten sore and dry at night especially if I've been reading a lot or using the computer screen at work... 'Orthodrops' I think the ones I got are called - but yeah you're dead right going to the optician... I'm sure he'll sort you out in jig time

Comment

Right -- scrap 'Orthodrops' -- it's something VERY similar -- 'Hylo-forte' HAHA --- I'll blame the coronavirus for my brain mush:welldone:

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]......tried optrex a while back.......you may well be right on the hayfever but the fact its only one eye that's a bit worrisome.
              Jenny who has never suffered from hayfever before is having a bad time with it..............its to do with having so much 'clean' air..............hardly any traffic and no planes. Pollution is down so the weeds and plants and flowers are getting their revenge.

Just had lovely chat with my DIL...........hard to believe this time last year she was in full-blown Bridezilla mode. All about gazebos. They're getting our old one and it was transportation of the gazebo to get it over to their house. It the S&H's birthday Friday.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all.
                (as you can see I started this in am - but Rosie wanted her walk. Such a nag)
                Is this conversation over ?
                I've heard of people here & there in the community but as Molls said we have very low numbers & most concentrated in the large population of Dublin.
                If I didn't work in the Nursing Home - I wouldn't know anyone local or wider family & friends who had COVID-19.

Anyway hope Mr Nice Optician gets you sorted like he did me Jacks. Remember that day ? Me & Molls were minor celebrities with our Irish accents in the heart of Newcastle, UK :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  I presume you tried drops? That happens to me every spring time - it's hayfever for me - but also as I get older my eyes have gotten sore and dry at night especially if I've been reading a lot or using the computer screen at work... 'Orthodrops' I think the ones I got are called - but yeah you're dead right going to the optician... I'm sure he'll sort you out in jig time
                  Funny this is discussed here 'cos I just heard of new filter glasses on the Radio.
                  Everyone is complaining of dry, sore eyes and headache 'cos the are using the screens so much wfh.

These are called Amber Blue Screen something or other and made here so available and you can email if you have a prescription. RAVE reviews apparently.

Here we are : If BT have them they must be good :
                  https://www.brownthomas.com/men/acce...SABEgIdwPD_BwE

Comment

3 in a row ............

I've decided if I was an Native American Indian I'd be called Satz-three-bellies.
                    Yes it's happened I've developed the dreaded old lady roundy look. The COVID_Stone is among us !!!
                    I'm working on it but the chocolate- for-every-meal regime in work during COVID peak has taken its' toll :egad:
                    Sitting on my arse for 3 months didn't help either.

I'm back to the gym - outdoors at 6.30am ( I KNOW)
                    Going to aim for 3 times a week - with walking in between.
                    Last edited by satz123; June 16, 2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      Morning all.
                      (as you can see I started this in am - but Rosie wanted her walk. Such a nag)
                      Is this conversation over ?
                      I've heard of people here & there in the community but as Molls said we have very low numbers & most concentrated in the large population of Dublin.
                      If I didn't work in the Nursing Home - I wouldn't know anyone local or wider family & friends who had COVID-19.

Anyway hope Mr Nice Optician gets you sorted like he did me Jacks. Remember that day ? Me & Molls were minor celebrities with our Irish accents in the heart of Newcastle, UK :haha:
                      HAHA -- I always remember that lovely lady on the bus - and she literally was hanging on our accents -- never think I have one unless I'm in England - everywhere else in the world just thinks we're English - don't recognise the different accent really - but yeah - I remember that... - what was wrong with your eyes that time anyway? I remember you going to yer man but not what for...
                      Lovely afternoon in the garden - Joe is wrecking my head - building gates and fences and the divil and all getting ready for this dog... far more enthusiastic than he used to be getting the nursery ready for the babies ffs!!

nothing else to report.. as far as I know there's only been two cases in the town I'm living in and both are fine now.. I do know there's a nursing home about 15k away and I believe a load of old people died in it - -it sounded shocking...

Comment

Evening everyone. Spare doggies here Molly if you want a few. It’s getting worse, going to have to apply the brakes. Feel very sorry for the poor creatures but now it appears there is a parvovirus puppy in the practice so she can’t bring mother and baby to work with her, leaving moi puppy sitting for the next few days!

Was planning on painting but maybe I have a good excuse not to. Love the name Covid_stone, very apt. Working week over so feet up for the evening.

Comment

Mornin all,
                          Woke up super early for no particular reason. Reading about Mr G's early morning runs has given me running envy Would love to get to the point where I can go running but I think it's a fantasy - never was much good at it except for the odd giddy high spirited sprint in gym boots down a school corridoor.. never been built for speed really. I have fond memories of jogging with my brother along clifftop run between Bondi and Coogee in Sydney years ago, but generally was always a fast long distance walker. Although, maybe if I lose the rest of the weight and somehow get the springiness back in my ankle joints I will give it a try. This is possible if I am very light but have a lot to learn about vitamins and stuff that helps heal them. Am also having fantasies about dancing. Perhaps my reward on reaching goal weight will be some salsa classes. Covid should be over by then hopefully as I don't imagine there is much salsa going on at the moment :haha: Till then, am enjoying my walks and dreams of dancing. Have got a regular 8.5k route i'm taking most days.. it generally takes about 1-1.5 hours so working up to shorter time and maybe 10k. Just got agreement from my big boss that with these very short days, taking longer lunch is OK to get out in the sun in the middle of the day. He says it makes no difference to anyone if i start earlier or stay later to make up for it. It's important to get some sun in winter time. It looks like I'll be having some mediation with my orrible manager as it is deemed to be an issue with our communication styles. I must say I do feel like I may as well be asking questions in latin and he responding in swaheeli for all the sense I am getting out of his responses. I am asking very simple short questions and he is responding with long complicated answers about unrelated stuff and not answering the question at all. Very frustrating! We are headed into the most stressful time of year at end of June so fingers crossed we can understand one another soon!
                          Hope you all have lovely day (or evening) ahead :heart:

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............are you really, really getting a pupper?????

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].....you had a bit of grit or something in your eye. Of course, super-optician came to the rescue. I've been seeing him since I was pregnant with the S&H. I got migraines when I was about seven months gone and my midwife advised getting my eyes testing. His first words to me were............' God, you're not going to drop that while you're here'...that was 32 years ago and I've loved him ever since, he's just so friendly and no airs about him. His daughter now works in the practice now.
                            I didn't need glasses at the time, once the S&H arrived I was fine.

Ahh you and me sat on Hardian's Wall while Molls and Mr JC went on a plaque binge.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........that was when you two came over for the day..............you were talking about Adam and some old flame..........yer woman said you couldn't get off until she knew the end.
                            Honestly, donkeys years ago I was in Dorset and they thought I was Welsh????:egad:

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].......would you believe our vet has given us six months of Bess's medication...............she's 16 in August. :egad:
                            None of our re-homing centres are open at the moment.

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], I really want you to get closure from this embuggeration.

Update on gazebo...............still no erection..........we've had a sea fret all day (despite being 10 miles inland) and its been cold and damp.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              [MENTION=8529]

Update on gazebo...............still no erection..........we've had a sea fret all day (despite being 10 miles inland) and its been cold and damp.
                              [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - you really must try harder to get that erection sorted. The virus + the Summer will be gone and you won't need it :haha:
                              Wot's a sea fret ?

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                                It looks like I'll be having some mediation with my orrible manager as it is deemed to be an issue with our communication styles.
                                [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - obviously he didn't take the reprimand too well & said he was training you but you are thick or something ?
                                Joking aside : mediation is a great idea - like couples counselling what you both really think will surface :egad:
                                And clear the air.
                                Good luck :heart:

Comment

Working...
                                X