International Army June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Congratulations, [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. There's no stopping you now! I love how much you enjoy and appreciate your sobriety :smile:.

Comment

Popping in to say nighty night and good morning to the undies.
      Been another scorcher and astounded at the pictures coming from the beaches down south. Now I know why I love living this far north.......its quiet up here.
      There's picture of my DIL on one of our beaches................ it's just her and two metres away from her parents.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
        I confirmed that a person joining our team does EXACTLY the same job as myself and is paid twenty grand more per year. Furious! FURIOUS!
        Hi Bridget,

Same thing happened to me and here's how you need to think about it. When you went for your job, the market rate for what you do was different. Now they've gone out to market today and that is the current rate. They can't run around every time they hire someone and give pay rises to the others. That would make no business sense. Unless you have something in your contract which mandates a pay rise to keep up with the market each year, you have to renegotiate from time to time. In the same situation, I went and applied for another job with the better pay. I didn't want the job but nobody needed to know that. The important thing was that once I had the offer in writing, I went to my lot and told them I didn't want to go but the pay was so much more that I couldn't justify staying. I chose a busy time when they couldn't afford to lose me. Timing is everything. They gave me the pay rise so I could turn the offer down. You see they have to be able to justify it to their own bosses. So don't take it personally and you will be in a much stronger position. Its all about the market.. check out the agencies to see what's out there.

Good luck!! Happy Friday! :heartbeat:
        Last edited by fickle; June 25, 2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          I'd say it probably is!! Just a way of life now - not a calendar event! well done again tho -- how's things?
          Spent the day on Burrow Beach in Howth Molls - got really packed with teenage brats by 3 - so we left. There were just hoards of them - I have NEVER seen so many teens in one spot in my life.
          THEN the traffic was bumper to bumper all the way back.
          Get them all back to work FFS !!

Eve spent booking my 'Villa' in Greece. Wanted 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms / 2 entrances so I won't kill SIL...
          Picked a place on Booking.com & Jesus the owner turns out to be a waiter from the beach bar last year - FFS !! They are all loaded over there.
          Last edited by satz123; June 25, 2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            It may well do if they don't watch out. What is this deep web thingo that everyone is on about. Maybe I can get some stuff from there?
            Dark Web Bridge ?
            Is Deep Web something new ?

Either way - it's probably not somewhere us 'ol wans want to go :egad:
            Last edited by satz123; June 25, 2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

FYI: The Dark Web, or Darknet, is a general term for a collection of websites on an encrypted network with hidden IP addresses – all of which gives users strong anonymity protection.

The Deep Web is all the sites on the web that can’t be reached with a search engine

The Mall is where you can buy things, Bridge!
              Last edited by techie; June 25, 2020, 04:50 PM.
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thank you Mr Technical Sir !!!
                I'll stick to The Mall ( called a Shopping Centre over these parts )

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Spent the day on Burrow Beach in Howth Molls - got really packed with teenage brats by 3 - so we left. There were just hoards of them - I have NEVER seen so many teens in one spot in my life.
                  THEN the traffic was bumper to bumper all the way back.
                  Get them all back to work FFS !!
                  Really, we were going to go to Howth tomorrow afternoon with the kids. Is that traffic that bad?

Scorcher of a day here. Im off tomorrow :sohappy:

Great post [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]. Very good approach.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                    Really, we were going to go to Howth tomorrow afternoon with the kids. Is that traffic that bad?

Scorcher of a day here. Im off tomorrow :sohappy:

Great post [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]. Very good approach.
                    Good morning everyone. Very good advice Fickle.

Was maeham here last weekend so would say Howth will be the same, enjoy your day off regardless Mary. It seems there was thunder and lightning last night but I slept through it. Just had my walk and still very humid. Nothing much planned for the weekend but that’s ok.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

@byebyebridgetjones............its often gone through my head how do you get on the dark web that we hear about on any cop show ( I watch many) ........do you just google it

Edit. 11:02.
                      You go onto something called Onion Rings and it hides you so that you can buy drugs. Or so I've been told. Where's Techie?
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                        Hi Bridget,

Same thing happened to me and here's how you need to think about it. When you went for your job, the market rate for what you do was different. Now they've gone out to market today and that is the current rate. They can't run around every time they hire someone and give pay rises to the others. That would make no business sense. Unless you have something in your contract which mandates a pay rise to keep up with the market each year, you have to renegotiate from time to time. In the same situation, I went and applied for another job with the better pay. I didn't want the job but nobody needed to know that. The important thing was that once I had the offer in writing, I went to my lot and told them I didn't want to go but the pay was so much more that I couldn't justify staying. I chose a busy time when they couldn't afford to lose me. Timing is everything. They gave me the pay rise so I could turn the offer down. You see they have to be able to justify it to their own bosses. So don't take it personally and you will be in a much stronger position. Its all about the market.. check out the agencies to see what's out there.

Good luck!! Happy Friday! :heartbeat:
                        And that is exactly what I've done. Ha! Twin powers activate!

It also helps to remind them that you are the only one in the organisation who knows how to do what you do. And you're not talking.
                        Btw the other person, who is very nice, was hired at the same time as me at one grade above. They are just shits, that's all.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                          FYI: The Dark Web, or Darknet, is a general term for a collection of websites on an encrypted network with hidden IP addresses – all of which gives users strong anonymity protection.

The Deep Web is all the sites on the web that can’t be reached with a search engine

Yes I'd best just stick to Woolies I think.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post

Yes I'd best just stick to Woolies I think.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                              Muggy and humid today...........will be rummaging through the drawers to find Bess's Xanax as it looks like thunder.......for her not me

DIL's birthday tomorrow. Will trundle over to their's on our way to Lidl.
                              Mr. JC's on Monday.............he's got the day off.
                              I've got him an Alexa..............so he'll have someone else to talk to.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...........thanks for the info............and always fabulous to see you.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]............I'm sticking to google. (We don't have a Woolies )

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].............how's the wee pupper?
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], well done your boys. Second favourite tem in the JC family and Jurgon Klopp is just lovely.

Last edited by JackieClaire; June 26, 2020, 07:15 AM.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X