Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
    Evening everyone. I too have never had migraine but have had headaches last few days, .
    I woke yesterday with a massive headache too. I think it's the first one since I quit. Never get them.

Random thought.
    Hand sanitiser to be effective, has to be at least 70% alcohol. Apparently as the skin is a living organ - are we absorbing the alcohol ..... ? Jesus I use it all day every day :egad:

One more thing to worry about

You're welcome!

Comment

Morning and waves to the world
      [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], bless ya bonnie lass and Mr. Brits. For some reason I thought that things like chemo would be on going.
      Its funny about Jodie Comer............when she opened her mouth at her her very first acceptance speech and broad Scouser came out of her mouth. I think I was expecting la-de-da drama school.

As the pubs are set to open on the 4th July..............there's many up here have basically said including landlord and landladies to the government 'Are you mad'...............its a Saturday to start with. So you can imagine the headlines in the Sunday papers............or is that the governments plan???? Make us all look like dick-heads.

A lot of the pubs round here are putting off thier opening until the 6th............a Monday which will be quieter.................its not rocket science.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]........the trip to the covered market has been postponed until tomorrow. We had that many people visit and phone Mr. JC we couldn't get out of the door so he's taken tomorrow off as well. I bought him a posh mask for his birthday.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post

Mr A doing Ok but I am worried that his Chemo has been on hold for too long and also worried that he is getting used to Opiate type medication. However there is nothing I can do about it so we will just have to accept our situation.

Couldn't manage all this with a hangover!!
        Hi Ms A
        Not as serious as your situation - but MrS had an appointment cancelled - saw consultant last week & now awaiting a hip replacement - and also on Opiate type medication for months - even before the 'crisis'.:egad:
        I see him change when he takes them and gets full of energy & bonhomie with everyone. Grumpy arse gone.
        Sweeping the roads ( a waste of time imo) . Yesterday he climbed up a neighbours' tree & cut it right back for her. FFS!
        Is always out with 'Tidy Towns' projects. Hard physical projects.
        That heavy work can't be good ?

Comment

A lot of the pubs round here are putting off thier opening until the 6th............a Monday which will be quieter.................its not rocket science.

@satz123........the trip to the covered market has been postponed until tomorrow. We had that many people visit and phone Mr. JC we couldn't get out of the door so he's taken tomorrow off as well. I bought him a posh mask for his birthday.
          Mornin' Jacks
          At least some sanity reigns - your pubs will see how it goes for others & what else they need to do :thumbs:

Where did you get the posh mask ?? - hate those fecking blue surgical yokes

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

A little song for most of us here..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Iu-SjISMM
            Mers - :welldone:
            My sentiments exactly.
            MrS has started already with the "..we must visit ...." "we'll go to pub on Wednesday" "would love a pint" "must meet up with the lads" ( lads all over 60 ) :haha:FFS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Mornin' Jacks
              At least some sanity reigns - your pubs will see how it goes for others & what else they need to do :thumbs:

Where did you get the posh mask ?? - hate those fecking blue surgical yokes
              The S&H's mate took over the tenancy of a pub/restaurant/hotel on the day of lock down......he lives above it........bless him he's spent the lockdown on his own and polishing the tables and punp handles. He's desperate to get going but he's not desperate enough to cause anpther wave.
              If I had my conspiacy head on I get the feeling the knobs in parliament will be sitting back and smirking.

The mask................where else but up the Amazon. Its black and stretchy. It was about £5.99 and he hates it.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That is just fab.:applouse:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good afternoon Ladies of the Army!!

Thought it time I dropped by to say hello! Not been much for socializing whether in person or online lately - dental work the cause. Three extractions and today the second root canal all in the space of 2-1/2 weeks. It's all I can do to answer the phones at work. Can't chew anything so only soft foods. Boring. I have made some delicious custards tho' and that has helped. Anyway, has to be done so I'm getting through it. Defo there are worse things....

Mrs. A - I'm with Jackie - I assumed that chemo would be continued. Why in lord's name would they stop chemo for three or more months when someone so badly needs it. FFS. Hope you get news soon. Sending hugs.

As for the restrictions - they have opened tavernas, restaurants, coffee places etc for some time now - I think maybe a month. We have had 40 new cases over the past few days but no new deaths. The funny thing is that people wear masks and gloves to the supermarket and then go for coffee or a meal - 4 to 6 of them at one table and no protection at all. Only the servers wear masks and they only cover their mouths, not their noses. Anyway, time will tell. I'm sure we'll get a new wave sometime in the future. Just keeping fingers crossed that it's low numbers.

Mers - loved the song. That's about how I feel.

My tomatoe plants are full of wee cherry tomatoes. Waiting for a visit from my grandson so he can pick them. He loves tomatoes so it will be a treat for him.

Back to the books - hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!!

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Just how I feel!

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                    And that is exactly what I've done. Ha! Twin powers activate!

It also helps to remind them that you are the only one in the organisation who knows how to do what you do. And you're not talking.
                    Btw the other person, who is very nice, was hired at the same time as me at one grade above. They are just shits, that's all.
                    Agreed. They are indeed, just shits.

You know, twice now i've been in a job for 2 years, been told I'm awesome, then had a man, next level above me and earning 50k more, handed my job. I've been shoo'ed away and told to go clean up some other mess. I no longer care. So long as I'm still getting paid, I'll show up. I also watch the market and apply for whatever pays well. Am back to planning my holidays.

Had a birthday this weekend and had a lot of visitors. Was excited to see my family, who live quite far and I haven't seen for ages. Also all the twentysomethings. 14 people in all in my tiny house and all quite legal. I was nervous about it as my family is big drinkers and I thought I'd be looking wistfully at the wine and have cravings. But not a craving in sight! However, I did eat a lot of carbs. I have a weakness for buttery turkish rice and those oiliy roasted vegetables.. well YUM! Am now finding all my sugar cravings are back with a vengeance. For the first time in ages I am just starving in the morning. So going back on keto until I can get my raging hunger back under control. My metabolism is truly a mystery. :egad:

Comment

Good afternoon and belated happy birthday to Mr JC happy memories of meeting him in Dublin and again around the great north run.

Been on the phone trying to sort out hospital stuff. Looking positive as Oncology are saying the outlook is good as the treatment is now prophylactic. Not able to give me any dates yet as no routine pain relief surgery is happening until at least September. Chemo probably in a couple of weeks.

Feeling worn out and also feeling my 73 years age.

Comment

Update! Oncology restarting his treatment in 2 weeks after isolation! Result

Comment

Good afternoon and belated happy birthday to Mr JC happy memories of meeting him in Dublin and again around the great north run.

Been on the phone trying to sort out hospital stuff. Looking positive as Oncology are saying the outlook is good as the treatment is now prophylactic. Not able to give me any dates yet as no routine pain relief surgery is happening until at least September. Chemo probably in a couple of weeks.

Feeling worn out and also feeling my 73 years age.
                          Ah Ms A - so sorry you are feeling worn out. Not surprising though - they say serious illness is harder on the partner / carer than the patient.
                          Go for a run - that'll cheer you up ......:hug:
                          I am so glad you have the running to fall back on.

You do not look or act 73 - so trainers on & off you go !!!
                          Last edited by satz123; June 30, 2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Update! Oncology restarting his treatment in 2 weeks after isolation! Result
                            That is marvellous news MrsA -- ironically - a colleague of mine - she has had a mastectomy and her ovaries removed - and was advised to have the other breast removed - that was halted because of all this and she's been up the walls - she has that hereditary thingy - she can pass it to her daughers... anyway - her treatment is being resumed next week -- great news MrsA -- and like Satz says - it's no wonder you are worn out - you should get a medal for all you've had to do and worry about... it's upwards from here sweetheart -- yup -- get those young legs out and running - you'll feel great!
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Was out on the bike all day - making use of my last day free.. oh it was lovely - down around the south east and then back up through the Wicklow gap and over the Dublin mountains -- had coffee and scones in a lovely hotel Upton Court hotel near Kilmuckridge - you wouldn't look at it twice -- but we went in - everything was spick and span (the loo's you would eat your dinner off the floor by the look of it!) everything socially distanced - but it didn't feel like it - staff lovely and warm and helpful -- just felt lovely not to be greeted by people with an alarmed look on their faces like everyone in pharmacies over here!!!
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Oh Molly thank you! Glad you had a great day. Advice taken--trainers on and now off for a run.

Comment

Working...
                                X