• Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Evening...no news here either MrsA
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening everyone. Same here, more of the same. Spent the day outdoors, power washing and gardening. Thank God for big garden. Work in the morning so going to have an early one.

Comment

I can't remember the last time I saw Jenny or the S&H......its in months though ...........she's 88 miles away and neither the S&H ...........10 miles away. Sometimes feels as if we're the only one sticking to the rules......we speak most days......anyway they're relaxed now.

Anyway got the labels to send the extravagant windbreaker back and ordered another one with four sides and a roof. So all go for Father's Day which Mr. JC hates.
        I actually gave birth to the S&H on Fathers Day but that was in the last millennium

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......I must have a thousand and one plastic containers............I used to belong to TA.............. Tupperware Anonymous.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
          Hi,
          L-glutamine works for sugar cravings, like it does for alcohol cravings, which makes sense given that the problems are similar. Alcohol, glucose, and L-glutamine all can quickly cross the blood brain barrier and shut up a DEMANDING brain.
          Rather than taking as a supplement at a regular time, it works to let a capsule (500 mg) dissolve slowly under your tongue when needed.
          [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]
          I have the powder L-glutamine NS - under the tongue - when I remember to take it - it DOES help with sugar craving. As with a lot of the supplements I take - I forget to take them and they migrate to the back of the shelf if they don't perform immediate miracles.
          So one capsule (500 mg) is enough ? 'Cos It's quite expensive in powder form and I think I take too much at a time..

Comment

Evening,
            Nothing much going on here either..
            Our travel extends to 20k tomorrow (yay).. are you still limited over there [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]?
            Did you find a gazebo?
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]
              I have the powder L-glutamine NS - under the tongue - when I remember to take it - it DOES help with sugar craving. As with a lot of the supplements I take - I forget to take them and they migrate to the back of the shelf if they don't perform immediate miracles.
              So one capsule (500 mg) is enough ? 'Cos It's quite expensive in powder form and I think I take too much at a time..
              Hola Satz, Mary and crew,

I take L-glutamine as a sports supplement to help rebuild muscle after workouts, but good to know it can also reduce AL and sugar cravings. I get it here in one of those bulk discount chain store pharmacy joints - 500 grams container for around $10-12 USD. You'd likely find similar prices there. Lasts a long time if you're just having a teaspoon full here and there.

Have a bewdy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Satz, It might dissolve more quickly if not in a capsule but 500 mg should help you past a sugar craving. It doesn’t taste bad and is good at feeding the agitated brain.

Comment

Good morning troops, looking forward to more news regarding gazebogate J.C

We are still in lockdown here in the north west as our R rate has gone over 1, however loads of people are disputing it as they want us back at work.

My big excitement for the day is my online shopping arrives from Tesco later this morning.

My daughter in Oslo is desperate for us to come over to stay with her as she is really worried about us here.

Mr A still in bed and seems to be OK therefore it is great to be able to sit downstairs and think my own thoughts-- I can also do that when out running.

Hope you are all fine and dandy!

Comment

Not sure what your rules are Whizzy..but would it be possible to go to your daughter till the covid has eased off in UK? They've only had couple hundred deaths in the whole of Norway I think...??
                    Our wee country is opening a bit today...they feel the virus is pretty much gone out of the community for now so it just feels safer...I'm going back to work Wed and REALLY looking forward to it...feel like I'm going on hols!!
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

If you get the 'fear' Molls - remember it'll be just excitement :hyper:

Comment

My Dad would be 101 today - he died at 62 on June 17th - so as it's a nice day I'll go to Howth Cemetery and tidy the grave.
                        My Mother used to go every Sunday - so I think it's the least I can do around this time.
                        (bring Rosie to beach too)

Laters :llama:

Comment

@ satz123 :hug: 62 is no age.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............trouble is Wales, Scotland & NI have their own rules. Not sure what theirs are.
                          I honestly spent an age trying to find a simple list of rules ( ot should have say guidelines) and its impossible
                          Tbh I'm not sure what the rules are...............in England we're now allowed to meet 6 people from including the family in the garden...............of course with me being picky does that mean six for me and six for Mr. JC............but social distancing must be applied.............. so we're going to have to buy a new house with a bigger garden and provide a port-a-loo.

Jenny's getting tested today for the big school openings............the fact she's been in at least twice a week makes me a tad confused to say the least.

I'm actually waiting for an ear-hole bashing from her for not telling her about the S&H getting laid off..............if you need me I'll be behind the settee.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Gazebo-gate............I love it :goodone:

It will be arriving on Wednesday.............its racing green with windows and not just two walls but four and a big zip. We checked about a squillion times that is the right size.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all,
                              I had L-Glut years ago and it was good.
                              Mr G where do you get your Glut? Is it Chemist Warehouse?
                              The sugar cravings are getting better by the day though.

Very lazy long weekend here. I wanted to do more but pretty disappointed that I couldn't self motivate. Never mind, onwards!
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                Morning and waves to the world,
                                @byebyebridgetjones...............nice to know you've got one of those bobbly nobbly things too.............. Bess just gives us a look.........as if to say 'really, just put it in the box beside the giant toothbrush (without squeak), the ten bald tennis balls (that I didn't fetch and never will (just chewed the outer bits off) just besaide the rock which is mine and only mine and the ball with a bell in............I'm not a Budgie FFS'
                                And stop buying pink crap for me and laughing with your human friends about it. It's not amusing. And while we're at it stop laying on my bed with me and talking to me because your breath is disgusting and then you can't even get up again.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X