International Army July 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army July 2020

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]...........gawd I'd love a dippy egg. Just had a Yum Yum...............a caramel-filled croissant and tbh feel a bit sick now.

Yep, we got as far as Lidl.............we pass McDonald's and the drive-thru is still heaving. There must have been 30 cars in the queue.............hand on heart we weren't one of them I prefer Burger King.

A giddy 22C.........I'll make it to middle of the night local weather woman one day
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening...tribe gone but it was a lovely day..just chowing in the garden..kids had a BALL
      Really nice ..I'm worn out now tho..hope you all had a nice day..thinking of braving M&S tomorrow...sick of faded underwear and winter pyjamas!!!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Evening...tribe gone but it was a lovely day..just chowing in the garden..kids had a BALL
        Really nice ..I'm worn out now tho..hope you all had a nice day..thinking of braving M&S tomorrow...sick of faded underwear and winter pyjamas!!!
        Men want the same thing from their faded underwear that they want from women: a little bit of support, and a little bit of freedom.
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
          Men want the same thing from their faded underwear that they want from women: a little bit of support, and a little bit of freedom.
          :harhar:
          Cheeky monkey.
          Sounds lovely, Molls. Love the sound of children laughing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            I'll say it again Satzy, you are 100% correct girl.
            I'm just laying on the lounge thinking exactly the same thing. This job doesn't suit me. There is a lot of dealing with people and their demands. I don't like people. There is a lot of event organisation. I don't like events. There is a lot of technology use. The computers smell my fear and malfunction in ways that even the IT guys can't understand. They are so sick of me. They say 'yes hello Bridget what have you broken now?' At the moment I'd like to punch folk in the throat but I have short arms and wouldn't be able to socially distance. Maybe I could wear a mask and deck whoever I want? Then run away. But I'm too fat to run. The Police are busy with other things though. Maybe a get away bike.

Life is too short.
            You are SO SO right, Satzy.

Today was so bad that I took a Xanax that someone left behind 3 years ago. I found it at the bottom of the teaspoon compartment. The place with all the toast crumbs.

I'm going to bed early to stare at the ceiling fan and work out what the hell to do with my life.

That is all.

Big hugs Bridgeypoos, I honestly think we may have been separated at birth, I probably need to speak to my parents soon.

P.S. Given that I was on lockdown for over 10 weeks I had lots of time for introspection and reckon I may have managed to figure some serious stuff out, however putting it into practice is proving only a little more difficult than I feared. Drink aside, I have a proper life plan for the first time in years.

P.P.S. re., your not liking people, the older I get the more I prefer dogs to human beans, much easier for all concerned.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
              Good evening from the Costa del Mersey. We are still celebrating the Liverpool footy result. Thank you for the video stuff JC.

Mr A recovering very slowly very sensitive to the antibiotic treatment so keeps collapsing but that is improving.

My injuries are healing but I am in good spirits (no pun intended) Keep thinking about having a drink but I think I know where that urge is coming from! I can resist but need to silence that voice.

Have a great Friday evening.
              Take care Brit, you folks have really been through the mill.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

For some reason I've got it in my head that we are the same age KTAB so yes, best have a word. Which one of us was the adopted one? That is the question.

Rubbish Stirly. Say what you want, we know what you mean.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning Army!!

Ooo - we have a gent in the barracks today [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] - really good to see you! I have never made a plan in my life for more that a short holiday. Probably should have many times. I so admire people who can do that. Guess I never know where I really want to go - just take things as life throws at me. I hope you can make your plans come to life. That would be so satisfying and rewarding. And especially if AL is out of the question, you will feel like you have started a new life. And it can be done - at any age. Hope you will keep us up to date.
                  [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - good to hear your ankle is coming along. Please don't try too much too fast. Hope Mr. A's system will adjust to the antibiotics. You have had such a long haul of it but you are an amazingly strong woman!!

Molls - that must have been quite the spread you cooked yesterday. How about a recipe or two - give us an idea what to cook for Sunday dinner...

Jackie - hope your weather warms up! I am off to the beach today for the first time and woe to anyone who tries to stop me. Jaysus. I live 10 minutes from the sea and haven't even gotten my toesies wet yet!!

Bridge - I always wonder - what is the time difference between there and here? 9:40 a.m. in Greece, 7:40 in Ireland and UK - but Downunder :upsidedown:? (Always liked that expression for Australia)

Rusty must still be away - hope you're enjoying the weekend.

Waves to [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] and anyone I might have missed!!

Wishing you all a great Sunday!
                  Last edited by stirly-girly; July 26, 2020, 01:40 AM.
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Took Mum to Bunnings in the rain today. What I was thinking, I'll never know. Blind as a bat and tittering away she was, while I hauled her heavy bags of soil into my tiny wee car. The instructions were coming thick and fast CHECK THE TROLLEY BRIDGET, WATCH OUT FOR YOUR HANDBAG BRIDGET. THERE ARE LOTS OF N'ER DO WELLS AROUND. Said at the top of her lungs while the acused strangers looked askance��

The plants were all lovely and fresh though. Not a heat fan but I am looking forward to seeing all of my seedlings start to take off in Spring. I feel sorryfor folks that didn't have a garden through all of this. Oooo italics. Fun.

Going to start my vision board tonight. I suppose you just start with magazines do you? Maybe there's a YouTube video to help? So far this weekend Youtube has helped me repot my orchids, explore a plant-based diet and find out about Demi Moore's relationship with Bruce Willis. And increase my online presence with fonts.
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                      Good morning Army!!

Ooo - we have a gent in the barracks today @Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) - really good to see you! I have never made a plan in my life for more that a short holiday. Probably should have many times. I so admire people who can do that. Guess I never know where I really want to go - just take things as life throws at me. I hope you can make your plans come to life. That would be so satisfying and rewarding. And especially if AL is out of the question, you a and haven't even gotten my toesies wet yet!!

Bridge - I always wonder - what is the time difference between there and here? 9:40 a.m. in Greece, 7:40 in Ireland and UK - but Downunder :upsidedown:? (Always liked that expression for Australia)

So that looks like Athens 7 hours behind us and London/Dubbers 9 hours behind us.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Tell us re. Demi and Bruce...lurved them as a couple back in the dark ages
                        Morning!

Just a big pot of chilli and garlic chicken with heaps of salads Stirly..mostly veg and salad stuff from garden..love being able to do that (did buy a chicken but ;-) )

Comment

Envy you your little (slightly dotty?) Mum Bridge...still miss my (very dotty) mum all these years later!!!

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                            So that looks like Athens 7 hours behind us and London/Dubbers 9 hours behind us.
                            Okay - so morning here - aft there. Love your new font BTW. Now for some colour????
                            Originally posted by mollyka View Post

Just a big pot of chilli and garlic chicken with heaps of salads Stirly..mostly veg and salad stuff from garden..love being able to do that (did buy a chicken but ;-) )
                            Sounds yummy, Molls. We get our salads and melons straight from the garden as well. Special friend planted about 1500 seedlings a couple of months ago - mostly tomatoes, cukes and zucchini - and while he supplies some local greengrocers and tavernas there are lots left over for us. Beer-can chicken on the menu today. If you have never tried it, it is simply the moistest on the inside, crispy on the outside, easy-peasy to make chicken.

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning managed a little walk around the garden. Need the outside fresh air to add to my goodish mood.

Had a dream last night that I drank a glass of red wine and took up secret smoking. So vivid I could taste the wine and smell the cigarette.

So relieved that it was just a nightmare. I need to stay vigilant.

Mr A improving but still on major antibiotics.

Food running out as I do not get my Tesco order until tomorrow, so I plan to get a takeaway for Sunday lunch!

Comment

Morning........just 11:17am........well it was when I started this.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...............playing with the fonts eh eh ????? Passes an hour or two.

I want my Granny back. Widowed at 41never re-married always said she was waiting to be with her Jack and as mad as a box of frogs. I came along a year after he died so she had to put with me for 58 years til she shuttled off at 100.........hence my name

Molls yer right, I'm finding it hard to find smilies or whatever they're called.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]......the weather is a changing. I'm obsessed with weather forecasts at the moment. That's why I've got Mr. JC off on Wednesday and Thursday.......its supposed to be sunny and we're going inland to Page not found - Your Northumberland Guide inland so away from the North Sea's gentle breeze (said with tongue in cheek).

Lump of beef being thrown in the oven with roasted veg.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X