X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army July 2020

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    Bridget - it is subtle but it's there.
    It's age discrimination - I know it - they seem to think the younger ones know something we can't possibly know..
    .... that we're old & crotchedy and they are young things that have fresh new ideas & so eager and lickarsey they'd make you puke.
    Couldn't have put it better myself...the attitude of some young'uns is frankly embarrassing..I cringe for them...too important to work their way up the ladder as we did...learning the ropes as we went..then leeching off kinder colleagues who are willing to cover for them!!
    I'm loving the scenery of Clare Rusters but...too long to type on phone..Will tell a couple stories when home on laptop...suffice to say for the moment..give me Kerry/Galway/Mayo people any day!!!
    Now ..

I lay me down to sleep...!!
    Night all xxxx
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning all,
      I'm a much nicer lady today.

JC, the vast majority of folk are experiencing more anxiety these days. Let's face it, we are taking a risk every time we go outside our front doors. The anxiety creeps up for a lot of us too. We think we're doing OK then explode about something relatively minor. At least you are getting out there JC. I think many, many people will struggle to reintegrate when the time comes.

Molly and Satz - it is absolutely age-ism and sexism, no doubt. When I told my supervisor that I had declined the other job it became quite clear that she wouldn't have bothered seeing to this if she had known that. Noted.

Anyway, onwards.

We had a nice cleaning frenzy indoors yesterday. Just waiting for the sun (yes, sun) to dry out the garden then I've got the boy on mowing duty while pupper and I have a little potter in the garden. 'Drinks' at 5pm-although I'm sure they've worked out by now that mine is lemonade in a cool glass with a twist of lime. What a delightful day ahead.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

WHAT in gods NAME did your supervisor say? Or do? Facial expressions? That in itself makes me angry for you...for me...for everyone 50 and over...vile!
        Morning all else..off to Donegal and back to stay in Mayo for 2 nights...no packing for TWO WHOLE NIGHTS !!! Ach ignore me its all part of the fun!
        Laters xxxx
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Onward and upwards Bridget, you should not have to but you fought your corner and won. Now go and enjoy your garden. You lucky thing Molly, love Donegal. Weather lovely here this morning. Took the doggies up to the woods at 8.15 and the car park was full. Have one room and some paint work to finish. Hard to stay motivated but going to try and get some of it done before I go away next week. The advantage of being away is you do not get sucked into doing things in the house or garden.

Comment

Working...
          X