Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army July 2020

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Don't blame you --- you're right probably to hold out and get something out of them -- me---? I'd walk -- I wouldn't allow myself to be humiliated tbh... but not before they got a good earful from me - can you not go back to the pretty doctor?
    Yes that was my first instinct.
    Then I really don't want to give them what they want.
    I amy just get my thoughts on paper & cc EVERYONE on it. I'm hopeless at F2F confrontation.

I want to frighten the shit out of them - let them think I'm going to report them.
    You are right I should not allow myself be humiliated by them - but my leaving is just them getting their way.

Dr Dreamy :heartbeat: is only in Blackrock Clinic for time being. Has to build up his client base again. Maybe down the road ..... he'll take more of us back.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

Satzy one thing I'm rapidly learning in the current climate is that we have to look after ourselves and make sure we are fair to ourselves in the workplace. Setting boundaries doesn't come naturally to us and I've been finding myself not only fighting for my job but working additional hours, not taking breaks and fighting the temptation to log in on weekends to get ahead of the game. For a job that they are knowingly underpaying me for. Nope, sorry. Industrial laws are still there and relevant even in times like these. It's no excuse to go abusing people's rights. And they will try to do that! Sadly, very few workplaces remember what we have done for them when push comes to shove. So push back, girl!
      So Bridge it's late here - my eyes are closing - Rosie is asleep on my leg - so tell me what exactly are you advising ?

Comment

I run from confrontation..always have..and have missed out on things because of that..so yeah..go for it if you can benjy...I shouldn't be foisting my wishy washy opinions on anyone!
        Oh me too Molls. I have loads to say but back down when F2F - dunno why.
        All talk & no action - that's me. But I do know I will not leave without first letting them know how I feel. So probably a strongly worded email. Now that's wishy washy :haha:

PS I love my job apart from all the shite that goes on. I had settled nicely into every Sat & Sunday where I could just get on with it & do my own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Morning,
          Is it me or is MWO running at snail's pace?
          It's you Jacks :haha:
          Clear your Cache of temp files - clogs up everything.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...... wish I could help butI know sweet FA about employment law and neither does Mr. JC. There's always been a veiled threat of 'if you kick up a fuss there's another 200 could do yer job' type thing. Daughter in law is training in it but doubt you've got time to wait. Actually have you got a Citizen's Advice kind of thing over there...........might be worth a look.
            Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            It's you Jacks :haha:
            Clear your Cache of temp files - clogs up everything.
            Its working fine now at after 11 pm. Its just first thing in the morning.

Got a bit of a smack in the gob meself today...............because of the cataract being so severe in my left eye I'm officially banned from driving. Not that I ever did a lot of it............I've always driven like someone from Wacky Races but I had the choice and tbh we've got a fairly good public transport but I'd rather chew my feet off than get on a bus at the moment.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Army,

Things been a bit hectic here with EOFY so haven't had time to check in. On my second cup of coffee and heading out for a 10k walk to blow away the cobwebs
              [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] am thinking of you in this tough times and hoping your loved ones get through it all. :hug:
              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] years ago when I was in hospitality, the only way I could find job security was by hedging my bets. I was on the lookout constantly for shifts in other bars or shops so that if I ever lost hours in one place, I could ask for more in the other. It also gives a bit of leverage as they know if they mistreat you, you can walk. I don't know if this is an option but it can't hurt to look and put your resume about.

Even now I find looking for other work gives my self-esteem a boost as I practice selling myself and talking up my skills and experience. I've done a lot of temp work over the years and know a lot of older people who enjoy doing contract work because they can take holidays in-between assignments. For some reason, age is less important in the short term job market. Agencies are a good place to start as they often have short term assignments which can give you a window into other places, even get you networking a little. There is something empowering about gathering all the information about your options and thinking of yourself as a free agent. Also, agencies are going to make money out of you so they view you as a fabulous resource.. they can be your best friend. I recall being a little miffed at first when I found out the difference between what they charge and what I got, but then reflected that I was still getting better hourly pay than in a regular job, and they were doing all the hard work finding and hooking me up with new clients. Remember when meeting with any agent, you are interviewing them more than they are interviewing you. It is worth shopping around to find the right one as that relationship is key. Once a relationship with a good agent is established, you have more say in your hourly rate. I also found with the increased confidence that came from working this way, I got more permanent job offers, which I did not accept until I found something I really loved because I was enjoying 'surfing' the job market. The freedom to come and go, not getting bogged down in the politics or being taken for granted was so refreshing. There are heaps of part-time jobs out there so maybe you could start by looking for something 2 days per week?

Comment

A very Happy July, Army!!!
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Morning..hi techie..happy and safe Independence Day to you!
                  Well Jacks as long as I've known you I've never known you to drive so guessing you'll manage another wee while ?!!
                  House to myself for a few hours PTL!!!
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the world
                    Well Jacks as long as I've known you I've never known you to drive so guessing you'll manage another wee while ?!!
                    True, very true.
                    I'll have you know I've had a go in the Kia and the one we had when you and Satz came over ( the big blue bugger) but I loathe driving.......but being officially told not to drive gave me a jolt.

To think I used to charge around in a wee mini-metro which shed bits of itself wherever we wen when the kids were at school. I :heartbeat: that little car. I broke my heart when it was towed away for scrap.

Anyway I'm only 1 year, 9 months, 14 days away from my bus pass ...............I'm not ticking the days off I used the calulator.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] - thanks for excellent advice. I will make a decision soon & allow you all off the 'moany hook'

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        [MENTION=9094]

Got a bit of a smack in the gob meself today...............because of the cataract being so severe in my left eye I'm officially banned from driving. Not that I ever did a lot of it............I've always driven like someone from Wacky Races but I had the choice and tbh we've got a fairly good public transport but I'd rather chew my feet off than get on a bus at the moment.
                        :hug: Jacks - I can imagine how you feel ...... this perceived 'age related ' shite is a pain in the arse.
                        The ban is only temporary I take it ?
                        Last edited by satz123; July 4, 2020, 04:37 AM.

Comment

We should list our 'age related shit':welldone:
                          Anyone game? Doesn't have to be anything 'heavy' -- just the general inconveniences??

I'll kick off if anyone wants to join in#
                          #1-----eyesight (started wearing glasses at 45 almost to the day!)
                          #2-----sore eyes -- now that COULD be hayfever as it has been since early spring.. but it does seem to come on after a long day..... mmmmm

I'm sure I can think of lots more!!

christ I'm enjoying this peace NO ONE here... I am constantly --- literally CONSTANTLY surrounded by people and it DOES NOT suit my personality!!! and Joe is driving me mad..
                          I'll say this here - but so far no where but here. He's either not listening to a word I say ----OR ---- and it is my buried nightmare thought --- is it the beginning of brain degeneration -- reluctant to say alzheimhers or dementia -- he's completely perfectly competent... but -- I'm either angry or tremendously sad depending on which it is... and I can't say it to him -- not yet -- there's nothing really 'there' to talk about -- it's too vague.... now I envy you having married someone younger than yourself Jacks --- this is really bothering me

Comment

was going to delete above moany post - but feck it - I feel better for getting it out of my head tbh so just ignore it and lets move on.... all will be well I don't doubt - and no point in worrying about something that hasn't happened -- isn't that what they say - you end up dealing with it twice! so now back to cuppa on the couch with feet up and not even going to cook a dinner.. himself is off on his bike with his mates so hopefully they'll get themselves fed cos the cafés re-opened...

Sorry bout the whinge!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              :hug: Jacks - I can imagine how you feel ...... this perceived 'age related ' shite is a pain in the arse.
                              The ban is only temporary I take it ?
                              Yep, then I will drive the fecking car. So watch out. Penelop Pitstop watch out.

You know I rang my GP yesterday just to make sure they'd got the letter from the opticians and had passed it on to the eye people and and they're not seeing patients face2face.................we are sooooooooooo moving to a new practice after this eyeball sorted.
                              Hairdressers, shop-keepers,nurses, lawyers, you and Molls are facng the general population and our GPs sat behind his desk doing SFA. So what are they doing????
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]
                                I think Mr. JC's going deaf................okay I'll be kinder hard of hearing. He needs a hearing testing.
                                a) He says I mumble
                                b)the TV's too loud
                                c)if he says pardon, say again or one of the best 'you were walking away at the end of the sentence'

Oh and the itchy eyes. Jenny told me that because we've got much better air quality..................lack of road and air traffic. There's much more pollen in the air....................the plants are seeking their revenge.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X