Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army August 2020

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
    Doing my best Mr. G!! Actually the most uncanny thing just happened. A man walked in our store to ask about some products and I politely asked him to keep a distance since he wasn't wearing a mask. He obliged but also pulled a mask out of his pocket and put it on. Now here is the ringer - he looked SO-O-O much like you that it freaked me out! He could have easily been your brother! Face very, very much like yours, muscular build, very polite - Greece's version of our own Mr. G!! :heart:
    Is that him I hear banging on the door to get out Stirls ?? :haha:

Comment

Good morning Army!!

One of the guilty ones reporting in!! A lot going on in Stirly-World. Work has been mental the last couple of weeks. I guess people are tryng to make up for the months that we were in lockdown.

Bad news on the Covid front - our new cases have escalated and frankly it has me worried. We used to have between 6 and 10 new cases per day and the last six days had the following number of new cases 120, 120, 150, 150, 200 yesterday and 125 so far today. Special friend and I were planning to go away for a few days but that has been cancelled. Masks are now obligatory everywhere (about time they thought of that) and frankly even the thought of going out for a coffee has me wondering. Very tired of the whole thing but no end in sight so I guess I'll just have to get over it and on with it. Just very frustrating to have gone through all we've gone through the past few months and to be in the state we are in right now. Summer in Greece - peeps hanging out together at the beach, wedding receptions, concerts, you name it. No social distancing there. And defo very few masks. As of this week, the bars are supposed to close at 11pm. Like that is going to help. Oh, and no people standing - they all have to be sitting. They should just close them down again and be done with it IMO. Ge us back to where we were.

@Guitarista - what Jacks said, Mr. G. :upsidedown:

Mrs. A - if you're around - hope things are improving for both of you. Not easy but you are such a strong woman, you will get through this as well.

Jacks - hope Bess is feeling better.

KTAB - don't know what to say except that it is good that you are back reading and posting. For me, I hated drinking in the end, truly hated it. Hated what it did to me, hated what it had taken from me. I just wanted to find myself again. So when I stopped, it was such a relief, that there was never any temptation to pick up the bottle again. I know some may disagree with me but I believe that if we decide that AL is out of our lives - truly out of the picture, then it is not so difficult. I don't drink. Plain and simple. I put me first. Take care of myself and I can't do that while chained to a bottle. We are in difficult times, but hopefully, in spite of that, something will click for you.

Waves to anyone I haven't mentioned. Hope you are all keeping safe and coping...

I think our trends have mirrored yours all the way through. Victoria is in a horrible mess during the second wave. Mr G is doing all he can, but he is only one man you see. A lot more masks happening in NSW which is good.

Re drinking. I can only say that it is a big , fat nothing for me now. Just as it should be. Don't think about it at all.. It just seemed like such an big deal to give up. Not so big.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Just a quick one.........apologies for not reading back. Bess isn't so good. Mr. JC is in denial about her............but she's sixteen tomorrow............a mammoth of an age for a Lab but my heart is sinking.
        Come on beautiful Bess. Get well for your beautiful Mum.
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Is that him I hear banging on the door to get out Stirls ?? :haha:
          Could be - the guy is very attractive. Little too young for me but very, very easy on the eyes.... :smile:
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            Re drinking. I can only say that it is a big , fat nothing for me now. Just as it should be. Don't think about it at all.. It just seemed like such an big deal to give up. Not so big.
            So glad to hear that Bridge. I never think of it either. It WAS no big deal to give it up in the end, because getting myself and my life back were the REALLY big deal!!!

Comment

Hey I suddenly can't 'like' anything.
              Fickle that all sounds very proactive to me. I always feel better if I am doing something-moving forward like.
              What is it about meat plants? They seem to be a real international problem for Covid spread. And of course that's where it all started too. Wonder what we're being told there?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

So glad to hear that Bridge. I never think of it either. It WAS no big deal to give it up in the end, because getting myself and my life back were the REALLY big deal!!!

I went through the skittery 'Oh no, NEVER? Never drink EVER AGAIN. Gah!' stage. I could not give a rat's now if I never see another bottle in my life. Means nothing. If I was just about to give up, I'd want to hear that. It would make me feel better.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning,
                  Bess astounds me again by being back to normal apart from the trots. We must have used at least two trees worth of kitchen roll.................please don't tell Greta that we're killing the planet.

Virus stuff...............don't think the UK has finished its first wave.

Here'a wee theory and its my theory and my opinion (not humble btw)..............the spikes are coming from lower paid industries.............the kinds of place where if you don't work you have to claim the dole (which takes forever)..............therefore early symptoms aren't enough to keep you off work...........so you go into work and merry Hell ensues. There are kids to feed and rent to pay. You can't live on fresh air. You're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] .............I clicked a like for you. Did it work.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Morning,
                    Bess astounds me again by being back to normal apart from the trots. We must have used at least two trees worth of kitchen roll.................please don't tell Greta that we're killing the planet.
                    Thank goodness Bess is better. I just dropped in to see if there was any news and saw that you had posted. Took a very deep breath before I opened your post. Now I can let it out. Whooooosh....... :smile:

Comment

Comment

The day flew,
                        Jenny, Ads and Buddy arrived like a tornado..............got three days in a row of proper summer.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]...... LOLed a lot at the chart.

Bess got two birthday card and two packs of chews.............she can't have the chews until the stomach 'issues' are well and truly gone.

Night lovelies :hug:
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thats VERY funny [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]
                          I want to know what Mr G looks like in case we have a doppelganger over here too :hyper:

Bess is a fighter [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], what a dog.
                          And your theory is correct. I know the virus does not care who it infects, but its going to get around a lot quicker when people are living on top of each other, cant afford not to work or dont have an opportunity to work from home.

Got 2 big fillings today. Took an hour & it was touch and go if I would need root canal. Anyway, im good. But bad - feeling sorry for myself. Going to the leaba. Night x.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening all..happy birthday Bess.!

Sorry Bridge wasn't trying to intrude on you..I was just thinking you sounded a bit down...I'll mind my own.
                            .sorry!!

Night all xxx
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                              They seem to be a real international problem for Covid spread. And of course that's where it all started too. Wonder what we're being told there?
                              'They' say now that Covid likes the cold Bridge. Seems it can lives for yonks on frozen things.

Comment

Good morning Army!!

Gorgeous day here - 29 at present going up to 33C by mid-day. Slight breeze, just enough to cool us off a bit. I am counting the minutes til I can head for the beach. I'm supposed to be off this week but working half-days instead - lock the door at 2pm and don't look back. :smile:

Jackie - hope Bess is better. Please keep us posted.

Satzy - how is Rosie - we haven't had an update lately. Still getting spoiled by all? As it should be....

Waves to all and wishing you a smashing day!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X