Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army October 2020

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post

More restrictions since yesterday, can’t keep up with them. No visitors so hubby will be happy, very anti social. Have a good day everyone.
    Me too Rusters. Love to shut the front door on the world ..... ( apart from - at a push - my family of course )

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,

With Bess coming home it was last night while full of tears was a much calmer house. Poor Mr. JC has taken it hard.
      Thank you to you all for understanding how hard this has been.....we're a lovely bunch of alkies. :heartbeat:

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........I'll get Santa to send you a painting by numbers...........you've got to start somewhere.

And poor Mr S. standing out there in the cold and wet chasing a teeny tiny ball, when you've got it so easy. I don't know how he copes

Has anyone one ever got out of bed to switch the heating on then gone back to bed until its warmed up enough to get our of bed officially?

Another question why is my spell check working today when it wasn't yesterday?

Up here in the NE England we're on tier two.....the traffic light thing has just been abandoned after about a week ...............I could explain but it involves a lot of cursing and waving hands about........another question if governments didn't spend so much time waffling and re-naming stuff..........would we be on top of this?
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Army - bound to be sad Jackie - she was in your life for a long time - my 'heritage' is farming going back a generation so am inclined to be more pragmatic towards animals than most - but I do remember being sad when the family pet died - particularly a dog we had for many years --

Ventured to Penney's after work -- literally haven't been in a shop (bar a food shop) since before March -- it was horrible -- really hated every minute of it -- and seriously -- WHAT is with these CLOWNS who wear their masks under their noses? They look simple really -- I haven't seen it around here where I live - hardly at all actually -- but this was in a nearby town -- and I'd say 30% of them had them like that -- just made me angry

Yeah - new restrictions -- I dunno -- the only ones who come here are the family anyway -- so how do I (or do I?) tell them not to visit? tricky really -- I spent half the day with a smelly fucker (god knows where he's been) - 3 other colleagues - a cleaner who thinks it's appropriate to clean with a feather duster in the middle of a pandemic - and a man checking the alarms -- and I can't spend an hour with my children or grandchildren?? Like Benjy it doesn't bother me that much - love being alone - but the lunacy of it just seems bizarre
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening ladies, quick check in from the bed, I am wrecked so will read back in the morning and post some pearls of wisdom haha yeah right...
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Evening, I wouldnt tell them anything Molly, just dont let them in
            Ah its hard with your daughter and grandaughter as they dont allow for bubbles here. I think you just need to be sensible. But for you, if one child is popping in, the others will expect the same.
            My lot are all bent out of shape now, as Halloween plans have all gone up in smoke.
            Oddly, we are still allowed to train, in pods of 15!

:hug: for you and MrJC [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].

Looking forward to your pearls tomorrow Tabbers.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
              Evening, I wouldnt tell them anything Molly, just dont let them in
              Ah its hard with your daughter and grandaughter as they dont allow for bubbles here. I think you just need to be sensible. But for you, if one child is popping in, the others will expect the same.
              My lot are all bent out of shape now, as Halloween plans have all gone up in smoke.
              Oddly, we are still allowed to train, in pods of 15!

:hug: for you and MrJC [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].

Looking forward to your pearls tomorrow Tabbers.
              Morning all -- full scale row with the little buggers last night - Jill took it on herself to lay down the law on my behalf -- poor old Joey was left thinking we didn't want them visiting -- I was raging -- bubble my arse -- I'll put her out altogether:welldone:

oh I'll calm down -- talked to him later and he's alright -- need a word in her ear tho -- she needs to think before she opens her mouth -- mind you -- pots and kettles come to mind !!!!

when in Penney's yesterday Mary -- can't count the number of parents in there with their kids and teenagers buying things as part of their halloween outfits -- like -- where are they going to go in them? confused.com
              Last edited by mollyka; October 16, 2020, 05:02 AM.
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............I remember when the newest Mr & Mrs JC came back from Mexico...........and we were in a the hard real lockdown. Anyway the pair of them turned up in their car expecting a chat on the doorstep.....................lets put it this was I went berserk so did Mr JC......and you know how mild-mannered he is and you don't really want to see him when he's cross...........not just the fact that they'd been up to Grandma and Grandad's but the fact that they hadn't grasped the rules.
                Our children are prescious, our grandchildren I guess more so and I felt terrible being the wicked witch.
                It upset me so much having to turn my son away. The S&H called the following day in bits and it broke my heart. Anyway after the phone call its all good.............even better................ I hear from him more than ever...........but it was awful. They've come round so much that they're more likely to dob someone in than we are.

Our bubble is my friend from infants school...............she's on her own. We're only allowed one person who lives alone and her daughter has abandoned her.

My in-laws both in their 90s but as a couple they can't have a bubble. . But they will be allowed to let somene into their home to put in a new basin and cupboards in the downstairs toilet. Go figure.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. Just heard they are recommending locking us up for 6 weeks. We all be barking at the end of it. Lots were treating it as if it did not exist, just saw a video of football team celebrating last weekend and then some of them tested positive. First communion parties all over the place. Penny’s and the shopping centres packed. Now we are all paying. Think it was Molly who made the point weeks ago that it should be hammered home to them that as long as they behaved like that the longer this will go on. Rant over :thanks:

Going to replace wardrobe and hall cupboard and it was measured up this morning. God knows when we will get them but it is what it is. Still have lots of de cluttering to do and clearing up outside so that will keep me going.

Comment

Evening all. I'm so glad Bess is home safe. It's hard to understand how much we love them.
                    I think all I can manage is 'thank God it's Friday' and leave it at that.
                    I'd feel a bit selfish complaining considering the way things are going up there ^ with Covid cases. Just please stay safe all of you. It's so damn easy to just get sick of it all at this stage.

A rainy weekend is forecast so great excuse for lazy indoor losack for a couple of days. Maybe take a leaf out of [MENTION=24564]Anjicia[/MENTION] book at start a clean out.

I ran into a little reminder for us all in the supermarket last night. A bloke that I used to go to school with and do a fair bit of drinking with as a side hustle. I've seen him a few times over the years and knew that he was an alcoholic. Takes one to know one. He has slowly deteriorated and it is pretty clear that he now has ascites and brain damage. He is actually badly disabled, lost his job a couple of years ago and is 'not looking' for work. Cpmpletely grog f*cked to be honest, just wanders around public places staring at people. God it was sad. What a bloody disease.

I'm going to put my head down and see you all on the flip side.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I ran into a little reminder for us all in the supermarket last night. A bloke that I used to go to school with and do a fair bit of drinking with as a side hustle. I've seen him a few times over the years and knew that he was an alcoholic. Takes one to know one. He has slowly deteriorated and it is pretty clear that he now has ascites and brain damage. He is actually badly disabled, lost his job a couple of years ago and is 'not looking' for work. Cpmpletely grog f*cked to be honest, just wanders around public places staring at people. God it was sad. What a bloody disease.
                      [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - so very sad Bridge and such a waste.
                      But the old saying goes : "There but for the grace of God go I "

And unless he changes soon - there too goes Young Satz.

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...............your know your posts me feel so grateful that we found our way out.

It annoys me that we get praise for going vegan, giving up sugar etc then when we say we've given up alcohol we looked at as if we've got two heads. And there should be more information at hand that its not just your (insert f-bomb here) liver that suffers. Its not only a physical, it impacts on mental health and destroys families.

Got an incoming text today from afar, well our Mrs. A.

Exact message:

Hope you are both ok. Computer been at menders. Cannot get on line as password is in ether. Got lapttop back! All still sad but coping ok with help from my lovely family. x

Nighty, night lovelies............... sorry to Bridgee nothing left for brekkie apart from a half eaten coffe cake and two white bread buns. We're due a big shop tomorrow.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Molly, costumes are for school - next Friday, social event of the year.
                          Middle child (teen) still thinks its all parties on Halloween - They are now proposing to stay in for 2 weeks if they can go out on Halloween night - living in la la land.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                          A bloke that I used to go to school with and do a fair bit of drinking with as a side hustle. I've seen him a few times over the years and knew that he was an alcoholic. Takes one to know one. He has slowly deteriorated and it is pretty clear that he now has ascites and brain damage. He is actually badly disabled, lost his job a couple of years ago and is 'not looking' for work. Completely grog f*cked to be honest, just wanders around public places staring at people. God it was sad. What a bloody disease.
                          How very sad Bridge. I dont like thinking about what could have been, had I not stopped when I did.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          there too goes Young Satz.
                          How is YS these days?

Great to get that message from Brit, thanks [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]

My boss announced hes leaving end of Nov and we are all a bit devastated. Hes a rare breed as bosses go, we all get on great with him.

Good night all..
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Reset password on New Upgraded laptop. Will post later after read back.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world.
                              Originally posted by brit View Post
                              Reset password on New Upgraded laptop. Will post later after read back.
                              We're not going far anytime soon, :hug:

Its eleven years tday that I flew over to Belfast to meet up with Mario & Opal at the Europa hotel.........the day that Mario whispered in two women's ear 'Are you my way out?' to ladies in the foyer while me and Opal were sat in the tea room. He found us but gawd knows what those women thought Mario was after.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                Morning and waves to the world.

We're not going far anytime soon, :hug:

Its eleven years tday that I flew over to Belfast to meet up with Mario & Opal at the Europa hotel.........the day that Mario whispered in two women's ear 'Are you my way out?' to ladies in the foyer while me and Opal were sat in the tea room. He found us but gawd knows what those women thought Mario was after.
                                Good memories JC. Good to see you back Brit, you have been in our thoughts. As JC said we are not going anywhere, although people are stocking up in case we are locked up. Needed a new mop head and a few other things so just popped down to our local Woodies (hardware store) this morning. Queue of about 50 people outside, turned and came home.

Very sad Bridget, it could have been any of us. Very glad to have found my way out and to be part of this supportive community. Off now to walk the doggies.

Comment

Working...
                                X