New Year New Start Army January 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Year New Start Army January 2021

Late check-in. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], thinking about you, Im sure you are absolutely fine. We have done the waiting twice in the last couple of months and your mind goes to terrible places. All unnecessary, but you cant help it.
    [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], I do think that about the vaccine too :egad: Then my head start to melt.

Beautiful day here today, freezing cold and sunny.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all, fingers and toes crossed Techie.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning everyone. Frosty cold one again. Going to hike to the top of local mountain. First hill walk I have done in ages so could be out for a while.

Have a lovely Sunday, thinking of you too Techie.

Comment

Morning (just).
          The queen and her husband have had the vax would you believe on the same as ma and Pa in law.
          My MIL is the spitting image of the queen and I asked did if she got paid for standing in for her and where's my cut.
          Jenny now had 3 covid tests. All negative but she did say the first one hurt.(the pokey up the nose one) they've got simpler.

Other than that we've spent hours looking for dogs. The trouble is I'm still looking for a clone of Bess.
          All the dog's charities have closed down for now ...........we can put a tick next to anyone we're like the look of.

Best of luck Techy.:hug:
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning. Our tests came back negative. We definitely lucked out. Those neighbors are both now hospitalized and our little community is frantic. Thank you for the support.
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi all.

That is fantastic Techie. What a relief. I really hope your neighbours are going to be OK. Huge worry for you guys. Are you allowed to mix with your neighbours over there? We arent here which is probably a good thing

Comment

Good news [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] for you guys. Hope your neighbours are doing ok in hospital.
                We cant mix either [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. Well, we can meet 1 household outdoors for the purpose of exercise.

That must be such a relief [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] for your inlaws and yourselves. Will they venture out more now do you think?

Got out this morning too Rustop. Wasnt as sunny as yesterday, but lovely all the same.

Gratitude for the day: school starts back tomorrow and I dont have to have uniforms ready and make the lunches. Score.
                Last edited by IamMary; January 10, 2021, 02:57 PM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] so happy you're still with us. Your neighbourds won't before my thoughts.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]. They go nowhere. Pa in Law goes and gets his paper and their lottery tickets. Mrs. JC snr rarely goes out as she's just too frail and this carry on with her legs doesn't get her far. She has a nurse comes every day to change the dressings.
                  Actually, over the last few weeks, they've won over £400.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Back from my 3 day stint at the frontline. Some of the staff tested positive - which is scary - but they will not tell us who because it's medical information.
                    TOTALLY stupid because we may have been in close contact with them ...... but because we wear masks we are 'casual contacts' not 'close contacts'. In other words this little loophole suits them 'cos half the staff would be out otherwise.
                    If I wasn't getting vaccine tomorrow I would walk because of this blasé treatment of staff .

My test was negative thank feck - but it's getting bad out there folks.
                    [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] what restrictions are there in place in your town. Does everyone wear masks , 2 metre distance., stay at home ?

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                      Test done. Results tomorrow. The nurse that took the nasal was not nice. I think she tried to tickle my cerebral cortex. We both feel fine!
                      It's called a LOBOTOMY dear.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post

What was the film Bridge?
                        It's called The Dry. Australian film based (closely) on a book that I really enjoyed by Jane Harper. First novel and a cracking read.
                        Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; January 10, 2021, 09:42 PM.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Gratitude for the day: 1. We have a stay of execution/delay for the job losses at work. 2. First day back has not been terrible at all.

Book recommendation for the lockdowners: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                            Gratitude for the day: 1. We have a stay of execution/delay for the job losses at work. 2. First day back has not been terrible at all.

Book recommendation for the lockdowners: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.
                            Loved EOLF! Fantastic book.

Are you back in the office now?

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                              Good news [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] for you guys. Hope your neighbours are doing ok in hospital.
                              We cant mix either [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. Well, we can meet 1 household outdoors for the purpose of exercise.

That must be such a relief [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] for your inlaws and yourselves. Will they venture out more now do you think?

Got out this morning too Rustop. Wasnt as sunny as yesterday, but lovely all the same.

Gratitude for the day: school starts back tomorrow and I dont have to have uniforms ready and make the lunches. Score.
                              We can only meet one person. But as we can only go local I cannot meet anyone as my friends live a few miles away.. Are your schools closed?

Comment

Good morning Army.

A grateful check in from a very warm Athens - going to hit 22C today! It was almost that warm over the weekend too. Got to eat outside on my patio. Lovely. And lock-down or no - there were a lot of people at the beach yesterday!

Schools opened today and the word is the stores will open on Jan. 19th. So I expect by mid-February we will be in full lock-down again. I guess we will probably see-saw all year. A friend of younger son's got the vac. He's a gynecologist so was among the first on the list. Haven't heard of anyone else yet.

Techster - glad to hear you're negative. Hope your neighbours recover soon. Just a question - are they elderly - like over 75, I mean. Just asking...

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I was wondering - until you find your new dogger, could you not borrow Buddy for a while? He would certainly be company and he already knows your home. Just a thought...

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - that is outrageous that they don't tell you who tested positive. It's not a matter of personal medical information, - it's a matter of the rest of the staff and residents knowing if they have been in contact with someone who tested positive. Positively irresponsible on the part of the administration. Bloody hell!!

Mers - are the schools opening or are the kids starting back with video lessens? Our schools have opened....

Waves to anyone I've not mentioned. Wishing all of you an enjoyable week.

P.S. We have a new employee starting today on a trial basis. I do hope he works out. Enough of the revolving door shite....:smile:
                                Last edited by stirly-girly; January 11, 2021, 05:16 AM.
                                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X