Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Year New Start Army January 2021

Morning,

Gawd we'd be living in a pile of rubble having Buddy here all the the time. He's so changed from the storm he was into more of a gale.The problem is they're not allowed to drive the 88.5 miles to drop him off and visa versa. I don't know when we'll see them again.
    We have our eye on a wee pug.....3 years old and we're waiting for a reply from the owners (hope they don't check me out on MWO ) Mr JC is walking about clutching his phone like a 12 year old boy waiting for them to reply.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by jackieclaire View Post
      morning,
      we have our eye on a wee pug.....3 years old and we're waiting for a reply from the owners (hope they don't check me out on mwo ) mr jc is walking about clutching his phone like a 12 year old boy waiting for them to reply.
      best news ever !!!

Comment

My thoughts & prayers ( my own madey-up prayers) go to all those going through a difficult time. :hug:

Comment

Hi everyone. Yes, we are quite relieved here. We are on a rather restrictive lockdown. While the draconian rules apply to all, there is little enforcement locally where I live. Our police department is two officers. However, this was indeed a wake up call to be much more diligent in the coming days, weeks, god forbid months to come. Thanks again for you kind support and caring. Xoxo
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I'm so sorry about your friends [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Just a quickie Didn't get the wee pup.....he'd been re-homed while were typing.

We've put another application for cross greyhounds with a look of Labrador. Do idea how thong this is going to take.

Spell well, special people. :heartbeat:
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening everyone. Same everywhere Satz. Heard this evening that one of the cleaners is positive but they were told not to talk about it, medical privacy etc. I was talking to her last week, she cleans reception, not sure when she was diagnosed.

Maybe all for the best JC, pugs can have a lot of breathing problems, good luck with the next one. Waves to everyone else. Hubbys birthday today so about to do the cake,

Comment

So today, we took he spot of being the Worst in the world for covid cases per capita. Mad!
                Guy on my team has it now, along with his family. Satz, Rustop, funny how we all know someone this week in work - suddenly its everywhere.

No [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], schools are not back. Shut until Feb 1, but that will be extended. All zooming from home. Thankfully, the schools are all much better prepared this time - the whole house here was online by 9am. We all went for a walk together (rare!) at lunch.
                [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], how restrictive is your lockdown? we are quite restrictive now too - on the highest level that there is. only essential shops open, schools, churches, restaurants, pubs, gyms, all closed. I have been stopped a few times by the guards (police) asking where I was off too. We have a 5k travel restriction too.

Whats for you wont pass you [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], crossing my fingers for this fella.

Great book Bridge.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                  Evening everyone. Same everywhere Satz. Heard this evening that one of the cleaners is positive but they were told not to talk about it, medical privacy etc. I was talking to her last week, she cleans reception, not sure when she was diagnosed.

Maybe all for the best JC, pugs can have a lot of breathing problems, good luck with the next one. Waves to everyone else. Hubbys birthday today so about to do the cake,
                  Yes Rusty it is wrong we are not told and also increases the feelings of guilt & shame that the infected person feels. This is also rampant here.
                  Like the positive person somehow didn't follow the rules. Maybe they didn't - I dunno.

But WE, the co-workers, deserve to know.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    I'm so sorry about your friends @techie

Just a quickie Didn't get the wee pup.....he'd been re-homed while were typing.

We've put another application for cross greyhounds with a look of Labrador. Do idea how thong this is going to take.

Spell well, special people. :heartbeat:
                    Pugs are nice but I don't see JC mansions with a Pug.
                    What about a Whippet - I've heard they are great pets - go for a walk and then are lazy feckers for the rest of the day. Lolling about ....

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                      Loved EOLF! Fantastic book.

Are you back in the office now?
                      Nope! Still working from home. Yay me! (Gratitude post for the day)
                      Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; January 11, 2021, 09:47 PM.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

So Rustop have you been asked to take a test? That policy is absurd. You don't need to identify people but there still has to be a process followed.

Glad you are honing in on a new pupper JC. You'll feel so much better with someone to love. How is the eye coming along?

Thinking of you all in lockdown or not.
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I've hit a plateau today so haven't got a lot to say just look after yourselves.
                          :hug:
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hola Army. Wonderful to hear you are getting a doggie. JC. [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] The degree of restriction is generally geographical. Yes, the state is in lockdown but strict enforcement is in the larger populated areas. Out in the Sierras where I am there is much less law enforcement presence. However, in the large cities, I.e., LA, San Francisco, or San Diego one can be arrested or fined for sneezing. Of course, that is an extreme example that may not be the entire truth, but folks have been arrested for very silly lockdown violations. Where I live you rarely ever see a police vehicle, so folks take advantage of that which is why the virus is so bad in this rural community!
                            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Evening everyone. Grateful for this site and the support that’s available from everyone. Anyone else have problems getting onto it this morning? Makes me realize how much I appreciate it when I cannot get on.

Just in from work so need to get some food, back in a bit.

Comment

Evening all. Yes! Trouble getting on all morning. Dunno what was wrong?

Very grateful today for a bit of sunshine when I went out for a walk at lunchtime. Almost springlike which was lovely. Bloody freezing again now though :haha:

Good news about the dogger JC! Long dogs are the best

Busy day in the bedroom today so going to have a chill out

Comment

Working...
                                X