Evening all!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Re: Army garrison - February 2021

No-one here [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]

Comment

We may as well go to bed ....... the MAry wan is gone out again .....
          Night !

Comment

Here!
            Heard a man on the radio say, we should go to bed on the same day that we wake up.
            Need to heed that advise.

So FIL is becoming a problem. Mobility is getting worse as he wont get out of bed, until after lockdown. Its a big messy nightmare and my MIL cannot cope.

Pity about Spain man Molly, very sad.

That looks like a brilliant program Satz!
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
              There's only one man i trust with my physical, mental, and emotional health...........

1 Minute Sweat w/ Richard Simmons - Part 1 Workout - YouTube
              :haha:
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

A quick wave from me!
                Glad to see that Mikey the Romanian is settling in well.
                Stirly, that sounds horrendous. I think we all imagined that Covid was 'enough' to cope with and that we'd be given some sort of divine break from everything else. Not so much it turns out.
                Very interesting re YS. Maybe taking a step back is the way to go after all. I think we tend to over manage adult children long after it's our job to do so. I grew up in the old ways where I'm pretty lucky to still be alive it was so hands off - and I had strict parents - yet here I am and better off for it. Dignity of risk we used to call it in the medical field.

I happen to agree with the FIL re staying in bed until after lock down is over. HAven't managed to pull it off yet but it won't stop me from trying again.
                I like the look of your diet guru there Satz. I did see your previous post on him. Diet wise I am completely free range; snout in the trough to allay the anxiety of being out of work. I reckon I've got another six weeks to go.
                They are treating us so abysmally that I will be glad to go in many ways.

I will make a concerted effort to get back into the habit of posting.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bridge - all we have is each other with regard to alcohol.
                  Apart from Molls & JC who have proper husband support :welldone:
                  I think I'm right in saying the rest of us kept the extent of our drinking hidden - people knew but they never knew how bad it was....

Even though I was called out by family on that trip to Australia - it was still not known the full extent of the hidden drinking.
                  So posting is the best way to keep in touch with like-minded alkies.

You HAVE TO stay our friend - we know too much :haha:

I for one have missed you and welcome your concerted effort to get back into the habit of posting. :hug:

Comment

Ah good to see you Bridge...I agree with benjy I think support is necessary...for many years my retreating into solitude was a prelude to relapse..now...it's just I'm anti-social:exclaim:

Morning all ...horrible morning here ...poxy dog not one bit happy...far cry from his sea paddling yesterday ....grass paddling today!
                    Last edited by mollyka; February 23, 2021, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      You HAVE TO stay our friend - we know too much :haha:

Bahaha...Yes you do. More than anyone in my own life does, actually. How is two posts in one night then? Thanks Satzy :hug:
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning troopers,
                        [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........lovely to see you. Don't be a stranger.........:hug:

What sticks in my mind is Jenny watching Absolutely Fabulous and very innocently said of this clip..............'look Mum..............its you and Auntie M after a night out' She six years old.

Absolutely Fabulous - She's not here, darling! - YouTube

I knew then I had a problem just took me another 12 years when I started to seek help.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]........you know I don't know if I could have gone through what Mr. JC went through..........think I'd have packed my bags and left.
                        There's a good few of the Army have met him and he's so laid back.

Gawd that was a ramble.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hola Army. Thing of you. Good to see you, Jones xoxo
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Evening everyone and welcome Techie. Keep posting Bridget, you are a breath of fresh air and as Satz said this is the main support network for many of us.

Miserable day here, did not get out for walk. Working week over so feet up catching up on crap tv now. Thinking of you and Joe tomorrow Molly, hope it goes well. Night everyone.

Comment

Thanks Rusters..trying to dampen down expectations..no reason to believe all will be ok to go ahead!
                              Hi Techie..good to see you..
                              Early start tomorrow so gonna get an early night xx

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............will be thinking of the pair of you tomorrow. Give Joe a gentle :hug: from me.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X