Army garrison - February 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army garrison - February 2021

I bet you're tired Brit! I'm sure you're exhausted at this point. I certainly understand the long term grinding down feeling. Then one day you just don't give a rat's arse any more, so you have a drink. I think you did amazingly well to pour the rest out, and quite frankly to only drink half a bottle. I know I would have just drunk the lot and more. Thinking of you lovely lady.

I'm glad Joe is at least a bit brighter Molly. It has been unrelenting for you, hasn't it?

Having a bit of a read back.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good to see you Mrs A, you have such courage. Glad your didnt find solace at the end of that bottle :hug:

Sounds very positive about Joe Molly. Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow. And every family has one of your eldest, well ours does and he'd wear you out!!
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Thank you everyone. I had a proper nights sleep as I had a hospice nurse last night who looked after Mr A overnight and allowed me to sleep and for him to be cared for.
        Just getting up now as she leaves at 6.45. Got a flask of coffee by my bed and time for a shower.
        No drinking thoughts last night and grateful to you lot with your supportive input.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
          Thank you everyone. I had a proper nights sleep as I had a hospice nurse last night who looked after Mr A overnight and allowed me to sleep and for him to be cared for.
          Just getting up now as she leaves at 6.45. Got a flask of coffee by my bed and time for a shower.
          No drinking thoughts last night and grateful to you lot with your supportive input.
          You know..I think sleep and food deprivation are enormous..in my case ..when I'm stressed I can't eat..hence I've literally been living on survival rations since Christmas day..and I'm now force feeding myself because although it's not drink I want..several times I've been gagging for my other addiction..cigarettes....without a DOUBT in the world if there had been cigarettes in the house I would have smoked them...hence my advice to get any drink out of the house..give it to the nurses..anyone..but don't let it be handy xxx
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone. Good advice Molly and glad you got some sleep Brit. Very hard to function when you are exhausted and totally understand the need to get away from things. Well done on pouring half of it away and on reaching out. Mary is right Molly, every family has someone like that. Try to ignore, eat and look after yourself and the puppy.

Didn’t get out for walk this morning, was lashing rain. Might try and get one in this evening.

Comment

Sorry for the late check in......lots of stuff had been fusing and all though I can reach most of the switches but two that I needed I were reach unless I stood and wobbled on a box of god knows water and I wasn't going to risk breaking my legs standing on two boxes to teach. Mr JC was in work the day by.

So glad you got a bit of relief last night. [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] :hug:
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I bet you felt like a new woman today [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].

I was at that too yesterday [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]! put the wrong lead on my soup maker and click, fuse went. The one connected to the internet. I know this immediately as in less that 5 seconds, 3 children appear in the kitchen.

Shit show continues over here.. inlaws are positive.. late 70s, underlying conditions. They have not left their house in 10 months, except for shopping, they have been so scared of covid. Both sleeping a lot. The rest of us are not.

Got a break in the rain and went for a run. Hope you got a walk in Rustop!!
                Last edited by IamMary; February 2, 2021, 06:28 PM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Oh my goodness, Mary. That is exactly what I am afraid of. We have all sacrificed so much over the last year and now they're positive anyway. The poor things. I really hope they're OK.

'I know this immediately as in less that 5 seconds, 3 children appear in the kitchen'
                  That made me laugh my head off.

For years a friend had this on the pantry door:
                  For today's wifi password, please complete
                  1. clean room
                  2. mow lawn
                  3. unpack dishwasher

I am back to watching My 600lb Life for motivation...
                  Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; February 2, 2021, 07:47 PM.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning! No more drinking thoughts as I have had them most evenings since Christmas and always thought I was a strong woman and would be able to resist the urge.I was shocked that I gave in but glad I came here and was accountable.

Cannot dispose of the wine while Mr A is still alive as it is worth a fortune and thee are 500 bottles at least.

MrA Continues to hang on although his quality of life is so awful. They are talking about the hospice now.

Hope Joe is improving.

Love to you all and I am sorry it is all about me but my world is so small and isolated I can hardly think about anybody else's pain or problems.

Comment

Good morning! No more drinking thoughts as I have had them most evenings since Christmas and always thought I was a strong woman and would be able to resist the urge.I was shocked that I gave in but glad I came here and was accountable.

Cannot dispose of the wine while Mr A is still alive as it is worth a fortune and thee are 500 bottles at least.

MrA Continues to hang on although his quality of life is so awful. They are talking about the hospice now.

Hope Joe is improving.

Love to you all and I am sorry it is all about me but my world is so small and isolated I can hardly think about anybody else's pain or problems.
                      Good morning everyone. So glad you are posting Brit, we are here for support and you are a very strong woman, you have been dealing with this alone for months. 500 bottles, don’t know how you did it. Hospices are wonderful so hopefully you will get something worked out. This bloody covid just makes everything so much harder.

Sorry to hear about your in-laws Mary, hopefully they will be ok. My friend had a third negative test, even though her two daughters had it. Having had the first of the vaccines must have helped. Sooner they roll it out the better. Molly, hope you are hanging in there. Have not heard from Stirly in a while, hope she is ok. Off for my walk, it’s not raining, yeaaaa

Comment

Morning.
                        [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].......never, ever think you're a bother. :hug:

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..........I feel I'm force-feeding myself. Food holds no interest so I often just shove a chicken in the oven and pick at it. Wishing Joe a speedy recovery.

I've got my COPD nurse ringing this afternoon...........on the phone. I normally get my blood tested, blood pressure taken, and breath into a special machine. So this is going to be interesting.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hope Joe is improving.

Strength has nothing to do with it MrsA...addiction which we all have can overpower any strength we may have..that's why the tools of recovery are essential to learn and learn..practice and practice and then learn again...only way in long run really

Joe has now to do some major test tomorrow..it's a big deal I gather..hospital had to get permission to do it...they've not been able to find the root of the infection so far so my horror is that that's what they are looking for tomorrow....sorry..just have no one to share that with..can't worry my children and it's lonely

Comment

Oh Molly :hug:, can message you my number if you want to talk or maybe it has helped just to put it in writing. Did not realize that they were still looking for root cause. Thought they had operated and it was just recovery. You poor thing, this bloody year just keeps on giving. Waiting is the worst, once he has the test you will take it from there. One minute, one hour at a time. This too shall pass. Don’t know what to recommend for distraction in the meantime. I’m a walker, can you get out near a beach or anything? Mean it regarding being at the other end of a phone xx

Comment

Thanks Rusters ..but I'm ok now..it did help writing it down and my daughter was on and we had a very tearful but kind conversation...she knows about the test and was equally worried...I appreciate your kindness too..but yep..we should know all tomorrow ..get the stents done Friday and then home....positive thinking ...as regards walking..I'm stuck with this poxy dog and he pulls the arms out of me so it's only as necessary!!

Comment

Molly :hug: Brit :hug: Brit, you are amazing for stopping at half a bottle. I cannot be sure I would have done. Molls, my little candle is going on again for tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X