Army garrison - February 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army garrison - February 2021

Right I've talked enough & if you have too much shit going on to respond .... I get that ....... take a :hug:
    It's only when I come back after a few days that I realise how much I've missed The Army nattering. I've spoken to a few people in work & they say the same - can't be arsed doing anything. A kind of apathy takes over.
    Add to that Molls & MsA's real issues .. what a strong gang you are. :heartbeat:

Bye bye .... I'll head off into Groundhog Day .... :llama:

Comment

Good morning Satz and everyone else. :hug::hug: Brit and Molly.

Totally agree with you regarding Tesco. Some people are being very irresponsible, I have a friend who is testing and people she works with have seen people who they know are positive out and about. Heard a GP on the radio last week giving out about someone who was positive and contagious coming into her receptionist looking for their sick cert! Unfortunately we all have to eat and it is the only trip out, apart from work that I do in the week. I have had that chat re weight with my daughter. At the rate she was going she could have become a candidate for the 600lb show. Had always been very skinny but living with the boyfriend and both cooking, making own pasta etc she started piling on the weight. Every time she came home she was getting bigger and bigger. I pointed out that it was easy to put on but knew from personal experience how hard it is to loose. She took it on board and now while not being skinny skinny, is a healthy weight.

Envy you being able to get outside in the garden Bridget. Could be snowed in next week. Filled up with oil today and bought buttermilk so I can bake bread if I need to.

Comment

We have a guy round doing our hedge. Mr S has been out there for ages talking to him and all I can hear is peels of laughter. Never known him to be so chatty. He must be getting desperate :haha:

I have been watching Britains fattest people and wondering what horrors they must have suffered to allow themselves to get like that. 24 year old non binary (think its a girl) who is 40 stone. The mother does all the cooking and they both sleep on mattresses in the lounge in case breathing stops. WTF is wrong with the mother that she allows that to happen and doesnt start cooking healthy stuff. Made me so angry.

Mr S was delivering to this poor lady in a top floor flat who was unable to pick her shopping up and put it in her kitchen as her breathing was so bad. She was also very thin and he thought she might have cancer. He took the food in an unloaded it for her and she gave him £10. He tried not to take it but she insisted. My heart breaks for people like that and puts all my problems into perspective.

Anyway on a positive note, I walked 9 miles this morning and am now pooped. Gonna spend the rest of the day in my pjs watching netflix or the like.

Hugs to all especially Molls and Brit :hug:

Comment

Waves to the world.
          I have lost my voice.............not completely more like a frog with a sore throat.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........doing the weekly shop is like date night for me. I even put makeup on.

We got turned from Tesco for having 2 people from the same household with a trolly by a charming man in a high viz jacket............while he and Mr. JC had a 'chat' there were hoards going in behind him. So we went to Lidl.

I don't know if I've already told you but way back last year at the beginning of this shit show Jenny got stuck behind a couple who were buying shower gel. Not only was the lady undoing the lid and letting her husband a sniff.......she was putting the ones they didn't like were going back on the shelf she then proceeded to do it 4/5 times. Jenny does her shopping online now.

:hug::hug: to our Molls and Whizzy and anyone who needs one.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

@rustop59
            I have had that chat re weight with my daughter. At the rate she was going she could have become a candidate for the 600lb show. Had always been very skinny but living with the boyfriend and both cooking, making own pasta etc she started piling on the weight. Every time she came home she was getting bigger and bigger. I pointed out that it was easy to put on but knew from personal experience how hard it is to loose. She took it on board and now while not being skinny skinny, is a healthy weight.
            I could never bring myself to have that chat with DD - and she pretends it doesn't bother her - but it does.
            I like to think I lead by example but I know she thought myself & my sisters were obsessed over the years.
            Now I'm following her.
            I was determined to never let it get to the 'mammoth' stage again but it was where I was heading after Christmas.

She faced up to it herself and has lost 35 lbs on the programme I told Bridge about.
            Cutting out the chocs ,cake and sweet food & I've dropped 6 lbs in 2 weeks.
            I'm on a 10 week programme so we'll see how it goes.

Her wedding is going ahead in July so we want to be stick insects by then......:haha:
            Last edited by satz123; February 6, 2021, 03:48 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
              We got turned from Tesco for having 2 people from the same household with a trolly by a charming man in a high viz jacket............while he and Mr. JC had a 'chat' there were hoards going in behind him.
              What's all that about Jacks ? What sense does that make ?
              So they want 2 people from different household to push the trolly?
              Or you take one trolly & MrJC take the other ?

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                Are the contact tracers on it Mers?
                Doesnt extend to the shops Bridge, only other contact is my SIL - they tested her twice in a week and both times negative.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                Mers don't underestimate a trip to Tesco with these new variants on the loose FFS......

Positive note : They'll have natural immunity + the jab soon & all will be well .....
                And many more like them will have the same & soon it will be in the past !!!
                I really would have though a shopping trip was low risk.. but yes, they'll have their freedom very soon I hope.

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                I pointed out that it was easy to put on but knew from personal experience how hard it is to loose. She took it on board and now while not being skinny skinny, is a healthy weight.
                Great way to put it Rustop. Im like a broken record here the whole time, but try to keep the talk about nutrition and health. If there was a hint of 'too much of that would put pounds on you', the girls would immediately jump on me - Are you calling me fat??

Originally posted by starty View Post
                We have a guy round doing our hedge. Mr S has been out there for ages talking to him and all I can hear is peels of laughter. Never known him to be so chatty. He must be getting desperate :haha:
                He really is in a happy place now Starty. Well done on the 9 miles!!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                We got turned from Tesco for having 2 people from the same household with a trolly by a charming man in a high viz jacket............while he and Mr. JC had a 'chat' there were hoards going in behind him.
                Happened to us too, also Tesco, but ages ago, Lockdown 1. They said it was to limit the amount of people in the shop.
                Mr M went off and queued up again, got himself a basket and we met my the eggs, like bold children.

Booked a week away in July.. Staycation. Loads of places were fully booked! we were looking for 3 houses (my siblings/folks), so tall order.
                Last edited by IamMary; February 5, 2021, 07:21 PM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning folks, thoughts go out to my friends here several of whom as JC put it are in need of some of these :hug:

Thanks for the shout out Bridgeypoos, sorry I have been a bit awol but I haven’t been feeling very sociable, anything but tbh. Lots going on here including some of DWs close family contracting Cov, I am really sick to the back teeth of this virus and while I know it’s wise to let go of the things we have no control this is just so in our face constantly it is really getting me down. In addition I have been having work issues too around a planned future big expansions and my management position being undermined in what I see as a sneaky way.
                  Maybe my current funk is partially the end of the pink cloud period given as I am almost at 5 months but I have zero inclination to poison myself again, for which I am grateful.
                  Last edited by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB); February 6, 2021, 01:59 AM.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                    Happened to us too, also Tesco, but ages ago, Lockdown 1. They said it was to limit the amount of people in the shop.
                    Mr M went off and queued up again, got himself a basket and we met my the eggs, like bold children.

Booked a week away in July.. Staycation. Loads of places were fully booked! we were looking for 3 houses (my siblings/folks), so tall order.
                    :haha: I love that Mary! Beating the system at its finest.

We have a week away booked for June too. Cannot wait! Will be very special after the year we have all had.

Sorry you are feeling a tad low tabs. Being undermined at work is certainly not fun and must be a bit worrying. Like all things though it will pass and staying sober will definitely help. Sorry about the covid in your family. Such a worry. I hope they are not suffering too much.

Best wishes to all today and extra hugs for Molls and Brit

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                      I have been a bit awol but I haven’t been feeling very sociable, anything but tbh. Lots going on here including some of DWs close family contracting Cov, I am really sick to the back teeth of this virus and while I know it’s wise to let go of the things we have no control this is just so in our face constantly it is really getting me down. In addition I have been having work issues too around a planned future big expansions and my management position being undermined in what I see as a sneaky way.
                      Maybe my current funk is partially the end of the pink cloud period given as I am almost at 5 months but I have zero inclination to poison myself again, for which I am grateful.
                      Now Tabarooney you need this too :hug:

llegitimati non carborundum.
                      "Don't let the Bastards grind you down"

I think we all get to that stage of being undermined - in my case it was very very subtle - forming global teams, asking me to lead a IRL team & giving me projects I had zero interest in.
                      Their values were not mine anymore - the HR element, dealing with people in person, was gone. Strategic me arse.
                      The money is shite but I'm happy where I am now.

With regard to COVID we are at the beginning of the end imo - so hold fast. The government have grown a pair. People are getting the strong message now - do what you are told or you will be fined or jailed - it's the only language some of them know.
                      Last edited by satz123; February 6, 2021, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Im like a broken record here the whole time, but try to keep the talk about nutrition and health. If there was a hint of 'too much of that would put pounds on you', the girls would immediately jump on me - Are you calling me fat??
                        God Mers - it's a bloody minefield isn't it. When we were young the children were put in seperate rooms when the adults congregated - but you'd hear the odd comment re. puppy fat - or to your face "you're getting as big as a house" was meant as a compliment :haha:
                        They knew nothing about nutrition - it was just fill 'em up.

I admire you so much being able to juggle it all. Though being at home must be a positive when it comes to nipping that stuff in the bud?

Comment

Right :
                          Off to the coalface :horse:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            Right :
                            Off to the coalface :horse:
                            Good luck at work Satz. It’s a minefield in the corporate world, great that you are happier where you are. Fingers crossed that things work out for you too Tabs.

Our SuperValu have the same signs up JC, only one person per trolley but nobody implements it. Thinking of Molly and Brit, hope you are both coping with whatever is being thrown at you.

Grey rainy day here, might get a walk in, that’s it.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                              I'm still croaky and I fell out of bed at 5am.......second time this week. My tired is tired.

Just had a long, long conversation with the lady who does dog adoption from abroad. Looks like we passed. So its yet again a waiting game.

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]........ahh bonny lad, sorry you're feeling crap. I loath February. For me it feels like its neverending.

You know I think we're all just tired of it all. I'm also tired of TV programs that have jolly people being fake jolly and full of jolly ideas and fun stuff to do while in lockdown. I'm sure Mr. JC will come down from his office (used to be the back bedroom) and he'll find a chair through the TV screen.
                              Luckily crickets on today.
                              [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].......that did go through our minds but we were halfway to Lidl by then.
                              They'll change their mind pretty quick when they realize none of the other shops let anyone and their family in.
                              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........enjoy the workhouse.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just nipping in to say nighty night and shove Bridgeee out of bed. There's a nice fresh French baguette for your brekkie. There's jam and some nice cheddar in the fridge.

Other news its my in-law's 65th wedding anniversary today. :egad: We'll be going up tomorrow with a huge bouquet for them tomorrow. MIL is 96 on the 11th. So we'll get to see them twice this week.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X