Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

I appreciated the well wishes and such. I spent two days in the hospital with a severe infection. $800 dollars of damage to my bike. I’m thinking of giving up this obsession with these competitions and just concentrate on enjoying retirement. I’ve said the same thing twice before. Thanks again. I will do a thorough read back. Thanks Army. Blessings x
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi, Army

I've really liked a lot of your posts over the last few days and only slipped once to 'like' Tabber's post, laying out his job situation. It sounds like many of us have had very similar work experiences. A few years ago I was feeling so overwhelmed by all of my new responsibilities but I was saved from quitting by thinking about it differently. Once I considered it a 'job' instead of a 'career', I was able to let a lot of stuff go. I guess when I was 25 I wanted to Be Somebody but now I just want to Be. I also hate to feel like I'm behind and love to be 'caught up' but as the work load increased, I never was. So, I redefined 8 items to work on as zero and started to enjoy workloads of -2, -5, and sometimes even -8! I realize that I have the benefit of working pretty much independently with no one breathing deadlines down my neck so just rethinking things isn't going to work for everyone.

I hope you get good medical news for your husband, Molly, and for your eye, JC. I also hope your injuries are not serious, Techie.

It is interesting to read your comments about the Harry and Meghan interview. Most reactions in the US are pretty much the opposite with people supporting them and demonizing the family. I'm not a Royal watcher so don't really have an opinion but it is sad to see such dysfunction within any family.

New puppy has arrived and is consuming most of our time and attention. She is a sweetie but man, I wish she would just go to sleep and stay that way at night!

Comment

Jab done and it was no problem. Wouldn't want anyone to pat me on the arm where the jab went in as its a tad sore and I'm dog tired so I'm off to bed in a few mins after I've talked to Jenny. All very well organised and the people doing it are just lovely.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].........have you thought about crocheting..........its a lot less dangerous than bike riding.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION].........how old is your puppy.

Mollka, thinking of you and Joe and fingers crossed :love:

Brit, much love coming your way from us. :heartbeat:
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

well done Jacks ..... when do you get #2 jab?
          I'll say nighty night too - watching Series 2 of THe Missing - jesus me head is spinning trying to figure out who is who. A lot of forwards & back & a lot of French & German with no subtitles.:eek-new:I've a feeling I have the settings wrong.
          Series 1 was better.
          The Lie on Prime is very good & easier to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post

Why did he drop his fav subject Mary? That seems a shame
            Something had to go and he said he'll read at his leisure now rather than following a curriculum. Makes sense I suppose.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Great post Rusters - full of hope and gratitude ..... I even 'liked' it & don't care :haha:
            You Rebel!
            Great post [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. I have re-watched loads on netflix cos I have zero or only a vague recollection of what happened. Or else I have a really bad memory, which is very probable too. Cant blame the booze for everything!

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
            It is interesting to read your comments about the Harry and Meghan interview. Most reactions in the US are pretty much the opposite with people supporting them and demonizing the family. I'm not a Royal watcher so don't really have an opinion but it is sad to see such dysfunction within any family.
            Isnt that really interesting NS. Even here in Ireland, and there is a lot of history between us and the UK, there is a definite suspicion of Megan.. Maybe its because Harry is a red head and we all understand the protocol having watched the crown! Doesnt make it right of course - it seems to be a mad world.
            Bridge, what do you guys make of it down under?

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Jab done and it was no problem.
            :welldone: Super Jacks, your safe(r).

Thanks for all THE recommendations. Loved Unforgotten, is there a new season?
            Watching Cheat with daughters. So far is brilliant! Also watching Informer.

Hope all went ok Molls.
            Last edited by IamMary; March 10, 2021, 06:58 PM.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning all,

Re Royal family, I do like to follow their comings and goings. Ever since I made my way to London to watch the wedding procession of Di and Charles in the 80's while standing on a table in McDonalds. Twas a wonderful day I rewatched the doc yesterday and although I have some sympathy for them, it does sound as if both have been incredibly naive if what they say is true. I feel for anyone who has mental health issues and I know how awful it is to wish yourself dead. BUT, I dont think that airing everything for public consumption is the right thing to do in this case.

Techie I am sorry that your hobby has caused you so much pain and hope that you can still enjoy it in some way without the danger. As we get older we just dont bounce any longer!

I remember the puppy days NS they are certainly tough :haha: They now share my bedroom and all are happy I seriously dont sleep unless I can hear the snores, grunts and grumbles of a sleeping dog. Woe betide if my husband makes noises though!

We have had a storm in the night and my fence has blown down. When light will have to try and fix so that my dogs can once again go out in the garden

Comment

Good morning everyone. Glad you ok Techie. Tell us all about the puppy NoSugar? They are cute but a lot of work. It was very windy here yesterday evening too but no damage.

Thanks for the recommendations. Found The Lie and The missing on Prime. Started The Missing last night so that will keep me going for a while. How are you feeling today JC? :hug::hug: Brit and Molly, thinking of you both. Better get moving, doggies are waiting to go for their walk.

Comment

Evening lovliest of ones. I made a 'like' up there but I couldn't help it about Ruster's post and if Satz is allowed, I am too.

Glad to see you back in action Techie but that sounds like a good idea, just enjoying your retirement and going for a spin once in a while. Could you compete with yourself ie. against your own time?

Have you grown horns yet JC? What does the jab do to you?

Don't know what to think about it Mers. Haven't seen the Harry and Megsy interview yet. We don't have any of these complicated royal tradition type things. What we do have, we just lay shit on anyway. I think the British royals kind of lost me with those hats they wore to William and Kate's wedding. That was confusing.

Can't wait for a puppy photo NS. It's like having a baby followed by a two year old.

Funny you should say that Starts. I went to a meeting this morning that made me so angry that I flounced off. They were all trying to call me and I loved it. I ignored them and went right down the back garden with the dog. Then they told me to take tomorrow off if I want to. So I'm going to and take Mum to Bunnings.

I love a good tantrum. It works a treat as long as you don't do it too much. And I love tantrum related attention. And I love being right. ner ner nee ner ner.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

I love a good tantrum. And I love being right. ner ner nee ner ner.
                    Enjoy your day off and of course you are right, the army are all firmly team Bridget :sohappy:

Re the Harry and Meghan story. My friend who I walk with watches sky and is a lot more up to date than me on matters royal. She says Archie will never be made Prince even when Charles becomes king. I thought it was just not until Charles was crowned because of some 100 year old rule but apparently not. Her theory is that Harry is not Charles’s son and that’s why Diana left him all the money. Makes sense I suppose, lot more going on than racism.

Comment

Morning,
                      [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]..........I'm in awe of you actually being at Charles & Diana's wedding. Remember the pub across the road was offering two free pints the night before.

Its been on my mind all the way through the pandemic........the mental health of the country and addiction. Being rich and famous doesn't protect anyone. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
                      There are still many people who see depression and or mental illness as a weakness. Admitting you have troubles is the bravest thing in the world.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].......did you slam the door in a dramatic fashion..........if not go back and do it now.
                      And the jab.........popped into my left arm at the top. Its a bit sore but you'd think it would be one part of your body that would be safe. I must have banged that area about a squillion times. And I'm tired. Other than that its fine just a bit of tiredness.

Oh I got a bit emotional last night when I was face-timing with Jenny. I miss her. I miss the S&H and his missus. I miss my in-laws. I miss my Aunt. I miss hugging them.
                      Deep breath only a couple more months and we'll all be vaccinated and I can have a hugging tour.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cross-post Rusty,
                        Archie is 10th in line for the throne. I've just seen it on TV.
                        There's a fab film called King Heart and Coronets. Black and white from 1949 about a man who's way down the list to take a dukedom and proceeds to murder those in front of him. It's very funny.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                          Enjoy your day off and of course you are right, the army are all firmly team Bridget :sohappy:

Re the Harry and Meghan story. My friend who I walk with watches sky and is a lot more up to date than me on matters royal. She says Archie will never be made Prince even when Charles becomes king. I thought it was just not until Charles was crowned because of some 100 year old rule but apparently not. Her theory is that Harry is not Charles’s son and that’s why Diana left him all the money. Makes sense I suppose, lot more going on than racism.

Thank you Rustop. I'd expect nothing less.
                          But what's this now about Harry's father? Was it that Hewitt chap does she say? I reckon they would have snuck his toothbrush out for a DNA test by now. He's given up an awful lot for a girl he hadn't known for long. And now he has to go on James Cordon to pay the electricity bill. DO you reckon they give him pocket money? Maybe the queen slips a tenner into his birthday card and sends it on with a return address for Elizabeth Smith.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            Morning,

@byebyebridgetjones.......did you slam the door in a dramatic fashion..........if not go back and do it now.
                            And the jab.........popped into my left arm at the top. Its a bit sore but you'd think it would be one part of your body that would be safe. I must have banged that area about a squillion times. And I'm tired. Other than that its fine just a bit of tiredness.

Oh I got a bit emotional last night when I was face-timing with Jenny. I miss her. I miss the S&H and his missus. I miss my in-laws. I miss my Aunt. I miss hugging them.
                            Deep breath only a couple more months and we'll all be vaccinated and I can have a hugging tour.
                            Yes I did. But I'm still working from home so it's my own door that I just about took of the hinges. Still worth it.

I was sort of hoping that Covid would make hugging extinct. You know, like the Great Fire of London wiped out the plague. They told me they want to give me a hug when I go back to work but I said no, that's one of the few reasons on earth that I would break into a run.

Best go to sleep in preparation for my day off tomorrow.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Nice one re the flounce Bridge

Did you know that James Hewitt is now working as a £4k a year gardener looking after his mothers block of flats? He botched up the pruning of a yew tree that he was trying to shape into a wine glass. Oh how the mighty fall

No hugs here either and happy for social distancing to remain in situ

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                                Maybe the queen slips a tenner into his birthday card and sends it on with a return address for Elizabeth Smith.
                                Ahh thank you............ that did me :hahaha:

Originally posted by starty View Post
                                Nice one re the flounce Bridge

Did you know that James Hewitt is now working as a £4k a year gardener looking after his mothers block of flats? He botched up the pruning of a yew tree that he was trying to shape into a wine glass. Oh how the mighty fall

No hugs here either and happy for social distancing to remain in situ
                                Well, I never did about JH.

I think the hugging must be a side effect of the jab. One thing I do hate is shaking hands.........I never know when you're supposed to stop.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X