Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

I just can't believe this rubbish with stealing dogs and assaulting people. What's wrong with them? Eh?

Satz, that is an amazing weight loss. Must be a great system your man's got there.

A big night of viewing last night. Finished off The One on the recommendation of the Army. Got to say I like the look of Mattius - also known as George Michael in this house - he's hot. Now I'm obsessed with pulling some hair out and sending into the ether in a sandwich bag. What an absorbing concept.

Then watched Bridget Jones Diary again and remembered why I got the nickname locally in the first place. Cringey.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Funeral at 9 am ! Dreading it--See you later

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].........a difficult day for you. Sending much love to you and your family. :hug:
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]............the cheeky couple of prosecco while making dinner is biting women in the backside.

Think I said it a while back..........we've got one of the highest rates of deaths per capita in the world so Boris and his crew really had to pull something out of the bag.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Have been thinking of you all morning Brit, hope you are ok. No easy way but through it.

That’s funny, I just finished The One too Bridget and he is indeed a ringer for George Michael. Wow, Satz it really seems to be working for you. I have signed up for the April one. Had nice walk and my neighbor gave me hair colour over the fence so off now to do a bit of diy hairdressing.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Thanks Techie - it's more the fear of it. Men are typically stronger than women - they often travel in packs - so no matter what you do you can be overpowered.
              I think because there are so many lunatics out there - I would always be on alert when out alone. I'm not sure that will ever change.

PS
              I'm in Ireland not UK. We are separated by a large body of water and a lot of history
              I have no idea about tasers - I'd carry one - legal or not - if I had to travel on late night public transport as some young women need to.
              I’ll be in London (COVID permitting) end of July to meet with my business partner. From there Ireland to see relatives, and then Findhorn for meetings and golf. I’ll let the Army know before I travel in the event anyone wants a meet up. I have canceled competing in the 2021 Malibu Triathlon so I may extend my time overseas. My daughter will be in Germany once it opens up to finish her Masters degree program in linguistics so I may travel to see her. Thanks!
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]............if you fancied a wee drive (283 miles) to the north of England.............I'd get you a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Satz, I've been thinking about you since you posted that your son is struggling again. I'm so sorry.

I listened to this today about the increasing incidence of alcoholic liver disease, in this case in young women: Alcoholic Liver Disease Sharply Rising Among Young Women, U.S. Doctors Say : Shots - Health News : NPR

Does he worry about this type of thing?
                  @NoSugar
                  Yes he does NS. When he is sober or even when drinking he is very careful of what he eats , works out and cycles for miles.
                  He will worry about health a lot.
                  So I will be using that tactic going forward to shock him into doing something.
                  I have also forwarded that article to him which I know he will read with gusto.

Thank you :heart:
                  Last edited by satz123; March 19, 2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Hope all went ok [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. :hug:

That's a very exciting trip [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! I wonder will you still have to self isolate in each country by then? Hopefully the Irish roll out will have moved a bit quicker by then.

Might tackle my hair tomorrow. DIY highlights. :nailbiting: I'm desperate.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning all!

I hear Ireland are to restart the AZ vax again?

Techie your trip sounds exciting I bet you are looking forward to that after the year we have had

Not seen The One. Might give it a go. I need something else to watch. Line of Duty back tomorrow and cannot wait! Best prog ever !!

Decorating is the order of the day today. I have been patching up the wall where Casey chewed it a bit as a pup 7.5 years ago. Thought I should get around to it now he is older :haha: Doing the hall and stairs and wondering how I can reach the top of the stairwell. Any ideas welcome

Comment

Morning all - off to the coalface :horse:

Comment

Morning everyone. Have a good day at work Satz. How are you today Brit? :hug: thinking of you. Afraid I can’t be of any help Starty, we live in a bungalow so height is not an issue. I am painting an arch for hubby, it is trellis so is a pain but it will keep me busy for the weekend. Looks like it is going to be a nice day.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]...........we got a man in. In fact two men...............one that re-plastered the ceiling and skimming (I think that's the word) all the walls so in future we can change colours. Then one that did the painting. They had special step ladders from what I remember. I was terrified one of them would fall off. They were due to do the living room and dining room on 10th April last year...........but the shit had really hit the fan by then.

OMG Line of Duty................rumour has it there may be more than one H.

The excitement of the week..........the big shop.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......enjoy the coal face.

:heartbeat: to our Molls and our Whizzy.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]............if you fancied a wee drive (283 miles) to the north of England.............I'd get you a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits.
                              In my 11 years here, I have only had one meetup. It was with an Aussie and her husband in New York City. It was wonderful. I will keep your lovely offer in mind as my plans evolve.
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].............you'd be more than welcome.

Just popped in to say goodnight...........going to watch the last episode of the last season's Line of Duty to get ready for the new series tomorrow night.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X