• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
    Evening,
    Glad the meds are working JC.
    Keeping fingers crossed for Joe too.

Dicky tummy for the last few days. No energy.

:hug: @brit
    [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]

:hug::hug: for you Mers
    Did you have a Covid test just in case?

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Morning to you all,
      I won't dive into the incident with the horse. I get extremely upset and angry about such things for months at a time. Bad dreams, the lot.

I'm thinking about you Mrs A/Brit :heartbeat: Sending all the good stuff I can muster.

The same to Joe and YS.
      Thanks [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]
      YS is doing brilliantly and starting a new job tomorrow. This is tricky - a new job normally triggers a bender.
      Fingers crossed the therapy & online meetings with Lifeline (?) have done their work.

I'm asking him to come here & stay if he gets urges - he doesn't associate being here & (S) mothered with drinking.
      Rosie is here & he loves her and she will always look for the comfy lap to sit on.

Comment

WARNING : I'm sitting in the Truth Chair as I type.

I won't hang around today. Increasingly I get the feeling I am talking to myself.
        Feedback is minimal. No interaction - for hours nothing.
        I feel that is why so many have stopped posting regularly.

People reading & not responding makes me feel what is being said is of no interest to them.
        No-one these days is THAT busy that they have NOTHING to say?! (MsA is exempt from this :hug: )
        It 's frustrating and a pain in the arse if I'm honest.

Like everything worthwhile it requires effort. The Army will die out soon.

I am not trying to be confrontational - just stating facts.

Discuss .....
        Last edited by satz123; March 3, 2021, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Morning all,

Satz I feel compelled to answer you I strongly agree. I did start typing this morning but deleted it as felt it was worthless words really and no more would be said for hours or more so...Yes I know we cannot go back to the vibrant thread of old but I miss it very much and can attribute my initial 7 years of sobriety to it. Having said that, my sobriety now is due to me and me alone but its sad in a way that that is the case as its important to feel part of something which I dont really any more. In fact I am not part of anything really including work. Now we are working from home I am much more isolated from everyone and being a part timer that is even more on the fringes. Its a dichotomy because although I quite like it in many ways, is it really healthy? Hmmmm

In other news, I should be working but feeling bored with it all so pushed Lappy to side and had a look in here.

Mary, should you get a test? I do hope its lifted today.

Your holiday home looks lovely JC and Mikey will love it Im sure which is most important

Oh the docs have contacted me for my vax next tuesday. Dilema

Comment

Not sure how to answer that Benjy..I have on numerous occasions asked questions that have been ignored..dunno whether it's lack of interest or disapproval that I'm being nosey ..so I don't bother much anymore...seems pointless..back in the day if there was a convo going on folks hung around for a while or excused themselves..now it indubitably is talking to oneself..sometimes for a whole day..I don't think the site is used as it used to be it's more like ticking a box....post once a day and that's my support sorted
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Oh and i don't mean everyone doesn't reply...definitely not..but even once or twice when a question is ignored is enough for most of us insecure addicts

Comment

i think part of the prob is only coming once a day. Of old I was here morning noon and night so could keep up

Comment

Yes i agree..and out of habit up to relatively recently i would check the thread loads of times..tea break.. lunchtime...boredtime;-) but lately..nah..nobody around
                  Last edited by mollyka; March 3, 2021, 05:39 AM.

Comment

When are you retiring Molls?

Who had their vax and any reactions?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                      When are you retiring Molls?

Who had their vax and any reactions?
                      Hoping to retire August 12 months...depending on funds...but I think I deffo will...nope..no vaccine for me yet..I'm in the 55-64 group which is nearly one of the last..I think the only one behind me is 18-54
                      Last edited by mollyka; March 3, 2021, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world.
                        I'm another one that has got in the habit of just posting once a day and I do a sneaky peak several times a day to see if and you know its just been to see if I've been acknowledged
                        And if I've ignored anyone I apologize.
                        The site is called My Way Out so if posting once a day or once a week.......then that is their personal choice.
                        Tbh I think the thank and like button has lead us down the lazy path.
                        Recently I've spent hours looking at old threads.........(the fact that being an former active alcoholic my sleep pattern is still all over the place and will prolly never get back to normal) and it was as busy as John Lewis when they do their January sale.

Mr JC got his invite for the jab yesterday. He cannot for love nor money get a place near us to get his second jab (I'm talking within in 50 miles) and the effing website won't let him just book his first jab without having his second booking. He's only 61.

I'm sorted :happy2:
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; March 3, 2021, 06:44 AM.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]........I only know one person that's had the jab...........my Aunt. She's in her 70s and came home and fell asleep on the settee. A few of her mates felt the same.
                          As a fully-fledged nana napper, I don't see that as a problem.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Hoping to retire August 12 months...depending on funds...but I think I deffo will...nope..no vaccine for me yet..I'm in the 55-64 group which is nearly one of the last..I think the only one behind me is 18-54
                            Is your queue moving fast? I think I was bumped up the list.

I am waiting until when/if they make my life more difficult then I am offski. If all goes well I will stay for 2.5 years until 60

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              Morning and waves to the world.
                              I'm another one that has got in the habit of just posting once a day and I do a sneaky peak several times a day to see if and you know its just been to see if I've been acknowledged
                              And if I've ignored anyone I apologize.
                              The site is called My Way Out so if posting once a day or once a week.......then that is their personal choice.
                              Tbh I think the thank and like button has lead us down the lazy path.
                              Recently I've spent hours looking at old threads.........(the fact that being an former active alcoholic my sleep pattern is still all over the place and will prolly never get back to normal) and it was as busy as John Lewis when they do their January sale.

Mr JC got his invite for the jab yesterday. He cannot for love nor money get a place near us to get his second jab (I'm talking within in 50 miles) and the effing website won't let him just book his first jab without having his second booking. He's only 61.

I'm sorted :happy2:
                              Thats mad. I only have to go to my docs 2 mins away

So has Mr had his first jab then?

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Agree with JC about the like button. Working some days so just don’t have the time to get into conversations. Maybe it is a check in once a day for some people but we all need something different. To each his own, live and let live.

Comment

Working...
                                X