• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Originally posted by starty View Post
    Thats mad. I only have to go to my docs 2 mins away

So has Mr had his first jab then?
    Nope......but he's managed after 8 squillion tries to get 22nd March for his first jab/7th June for the second. :yay:
    You know I can't understand why our GP's or all GPs aren't doing it. We've got to trundle along to a covid jabbing centre 5 miles away.
    I get my first next Wednesday.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

No Starty ..no moving me up the queue..we are very slow getting it going but it's moving now..I reckon we'll all be done by summer so I'm ok with that..I need to be off work for Joe and post-op. etc..so until I'm vacced I can't work so....it's easier
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        No Starty ..no moving me up the queue..we are very slow getting it going but it's moving now..I reckon we'll all be done by summer so I'm ok with that..I need to be off work for Joe and post-op. etc..so until I'm vacced I can't work so....it's easier
        Its because Boris et al cocked it up so badly last year that I think he's actually woken up.

How is Joe?
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That means that me being the only anti vaxxer is going to be first :egad: :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Its because Boris et al cocked it up so badly last year that I think he's actually woken up.

How is Joe?
            Yes I'd say you're right - he made such a bollix of things if the vaccines hadn't been better than the rest of the world he could have been in right royal trouble!! Joe is getting better by the day - his infection was at 32 or 35 or something last Wed - and doc needs it at 5 at worst -- so hopefully - Wed or Wed fortnight he'll be able to sort out a date for the operation... that'll be a great day!!!
            That means that me being the only anti vaxxer is going to be first :egad: :haha:
            haha -- that's ridiculous ;-) Are you going to deffo get it?

Comment

Hi, Army

For what it's worth, several people in my extended family from age 24-87 have had one or more of the mRNA vaccines with little or no problems (my parents felt "flu-ish" for about 12 hours the day after they got their second shots. The younger people (teachers) felt nothing after either shot. My husband and I have had 1 shot so far and had nothing but slightly sore injection sites.

It is pretty clear that the only way out of the mess the world is in is to get enough people vaccinated or recovered from having had it that the virus has no place to take hold and multiply. The mutations/variants that everyone is concerned about have had the chance to come about because the novel virus has had so many opportunities to replicate in each one of us who has not had it or been vaccinated. Cutting off further mutations can happen only if we get global immunity up by getting vaccinated when we get the chance. And if we don't do that, these horrendous lockdowns and need for social distancing/masks could be with us for years to come, not to mention all the illness and death.

It is so annoying that here in the US people act like getting our population vaccinated is the end goal but that is ridiculous. Until it is minimized/eliminated worldwide, we're all at risk (unless we plan to close all borders permanently).

Anyway, this is a plea to get vaccinated with whatever version is offered to you as soon as you can.

I agree with you that the thank/like buttons while useful and easy have been a big part of the decline of MWO. I wish they would stop working!

That is great news about your husband, Molly. You must be so relieved to finally be seeing some progress.

Take care, NS

Comment

Yes thanks NS..I know some people have genuine worries about vaccinations..I remember when my kids were young there was a childhood one with a lot of controversy and I didn't get it for the 2 older ones..I did for the younger ones..not sure what my thinking was..but I don't think anyone should be forced..however I'm already queuing up in my head
                What's with Texas opening up ..are they 100% vaccinated or something?

Comment

Yes I will get it. Next Tuesday at 2.22 apparently. I also have a genuine concern. The last time I had a vax I ended up in hospital. Lots of people have valid concerns and the propaganda, lack of discussion and censorship doesn't help. i am not just talking about the anti vax nutters here either.

I must admit I loathe the like/thanks buttons. When I see those little red notifications it gives me palpitations :haha:

Comment

I think having concerns is totally normal. I have them, too. The thing is, this is a global pandemic and it is just a more dire situation than we faced in a long time.

Texas is probably last in the nation in terms of vaccination rate. They have an idiot governor.

Comment

When are you retiring Molls?

Who had their vax and any reactions?
                      I had mine Starts - on the second one I did have reaction. Every muscle in my body ached even my feet.
                      Had to get up at 4am and take paracetamol for the pain.
                      Next day it was gone

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] couldn't agree more

Tbh I think the thank and like button has lead us down the lazy path.

Comment

Ahhhh Starterooooooo, that did make me smile thankyou.

Jenny's fiance's granddad is 101 and had his.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]..........I'd heard that about the jab for older people. My Aunt did something she's never done and needed a snooze in the afternoon. That loon in Texas is beyond belief. We all know that politicians lie but he took it to a new level.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION], wonder what that one was. I've vaccinated both our two with anything that was going.
                          All fingers crossed for Joe's recovery.

Later on the S&H went to Costa Rica for a month with the school and he had to be vaccinated against all sorts. Same with Jenny when she went to Tanzania .........that was when she was at University. Slightly different from our school outings to the seaside or the Roman Wall for the day and it was always freezing but we were allowed to wear jeans, not our school uniforms.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] couldn't agree more
                            Tee hee I was going to hit the like button.

Nighty night everyone. Going to find something mindless on TV.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just found The Missing : on Prime - very good !

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] have you finished Behind Her Eyes - I'm interested to know what you thought of it ....

Comment

Ye know [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] if you had a severe reaction at any time to a vaccine - perhaps you shouldn't get it. You best tell them in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X