Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    @techie.............you'd be more than welcome.

Just popped in to say goodnight...........going to watch the last episode of the last season's Line of Duty to get ready for the new series tomorrow night.
    Was that a new new series on previously @JackieClaire ? I thought I'd seen all episodes - it's been on for yonks.

I've just used 2 hours I'm never getting back, watching the WORST FILM EVER Netflix. My sister text me & she's usually ok for a good recommendation - but Jesus it was DIRE.
    The acting was terrible, the plot was rubbish - oh just everything. & I've forgotten the name :haha:
    Only explanation - she's finished Netflix .........
    Last edited by satz123; March 20, 2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I'm watching Press. Netflix. Its really good, acting is excellent.
      Major snoring episode with MrM last night so hitting the hay.
      .. just realised its hay time anyway.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
        I'm watching Press. Netflix. Its really good, acting is excellent.
        Major snoring episode with MrM last night so hitting the hay.
        .. just realised its hay time anyway.
        [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]

It's called Deadly Illusions - I'm not a connoisseur of acting by no means but even I could see how really bad it was. #3 in Ireland - ?????

Was MrM drinking to cause the snoring Mers? I put up with it for years but it got worse. Now if he starts it's into the spare room with him.
        After the problems I had with sleep around menopause - when alcohol was used to treat it - it's too important to me now - I won't put up with anything that disturbs it.

Comment

Off to the frontline :llama:
          Have a Super duper Sunday.

Oh good news. I asked my boss for a raise or I was leaving - I was feeling undervalued.
          She said "of course ( so sorry about that - I never look at salaries)"
          Said " you are highly valued & much loved by myself and S and V "( the other directors )

It was pathetic how happy that made me. The money meant nothing it was the appreciation.

Let's 'big' each other up more often ?

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........lovely to feel wanted isn't it? :hug:

Addicts are some of the best people I know. Yes, there's one or two knob heads but they'd be knob heads sober. But we're generous people we empathise with more than just addicts but those who are depressed, those who are lonely (being an alkie is one of the loneliest pass times in the world). We put ourselves down as we think we're a waste of space.......we're not. We share our experiences, we pass on what worked for us, we have time or we make time to listen.

Season 5 of Line of Duty finished May 2019............I remember the night well.............its when Mr. JC dislocated his hip and we waited over 4 hours for an ambulance.

Anyhoo for series 6 they managed to get some episodes in the can then along came the virus and lockdown started. It is now ready............just think we'll have something other than the virus to talk about. :congratulatory:

Don't think I've been this excited since the 'Who shot JR' carry-on.

Ooh and its census day today and we've found out that garden centres are open. We need some logs for the fire pit. I had a sort of wish that we could get a patio heater but nearly passed out at the price of some of them.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Snoring is the work of the devil. Mr S has a real problem and when he was drinking was horrendous. Separate bed, doors closed AND ear plugs and still I could hear it. It makes me want to smother him.

Thats so nice Satz. Yes, the appreciation and kind words go so much further than money.

I saw Press, loved it. LOD is the new series. Cannot wait for tonight!

Lovely chill out for me today. Just walked 8 miles in the sunshine with good company. Whats not to like!

Molls, I hope all is OK with you and yours. Pop in and let us know how its going

Comment

LOL garden centers never closed

Addicts are nice when they are sober in my experience.....mostly

Comment

Good morning everyone. Totally agree with you Satz, watched that movie last night and it was dreadful. Glad to hear that you are appreciated at work. Love Line of Duty, what channel is it on?

It will be a short walk today as I need to get some painting done. Spent the morning crocheting. Need to get moving now.

Comment

Morning Army -- firstly - I really must apologise for the way I am just disappearing and appearing -- sometimes I just can't 'talk' -- anything that comes out of my mouth is either 'fake' as in - pretending all is well -- or moaning... so yeah - it's just been a bit head down and move along... I haven't even been reading here which is unusual enough for me so if big things have happened and I leave unremarked - I'm sorry...

So -- MrsA - I hope things weren't too unbearable - and that you said your goodbyes to MrA in a not too unhappy way... remembering the good times? easy said I'm sure- -- I did send you an email but then realised I had a few email addresses for you and not sure which was the right one.. but I was thinking of you on Friday lovely xxx

Elephant in the corner -- ( haha -- Joe's not THAT big!!) -- it's sort of no change and all change here... infection still there - but he's had a big long chat with the medical team and their opinion is that he can push himself to 'do' things as long as it's not too hard... 'things' being walk this poxy dog... I walk him a good hour a day but according to Joe he needs way more -- so right now -- this minute -- the two of them have gone off on their own -- it was like waving my babies off first day at school... but I need to cut the apron strings... docs say if the infection won't clear they can maybe do the heart operation in about a year but he'll be on lifelong medication and observation.. and antibiotics... what a mess!! but the alternative isn't good either.... my spirits have lifted a bit cos his have too.. lots has to be abandoned... moving down the country - motorbike - but that's okay -- so yeah - that's where we are.. sorry for boring you but it's good to get it out...

GOOD rugby yesterday huh?? (well if you're Irish or French!!) Love the French team - such style and wow -- exciting!!!

Sort of glad the vaccine is slow rolling out - until the rest of Europe is done there'll be nowhere to travel to even if we could and this way any probs with the vaccines may be ironed out... Joey's partner got hers two weeks ago - the AztraZeneca one - and she's been really ill ever since... she's reluctant to get the 2nd one - but she will cos she's frontline and needs it.

Anything else -- -- no -- may start trying to read back -- how's your in-laws Mary? oh and WELL DONE on the pay rise Benjy --- I was due an increment last Jan.. and it hasn't turned up in my pay yet -- sort of afraid to ask in case they laugh at me -- I haven't even BEEN at work since Jan ;-)

Right -- love to all xxxx
                    Last edited by mollyka; March 21, 2021, 06:56 AM.
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Xpost Rusters -- looking forward to Line of Duty too -- tele is shocking lately - hence the excitement of the rugby!!! How's your daughter in Norway - she had split with her partner last time I heard? Hope she's okay -- lonely time for her and I'm sure you'd love to be able to just hug her! hard times

Comment

Hi Molls. I am sorry the infection has not gone away. Illness that is longstanding is a horrible worry and must wreck Joes confidence to do things. Totally understandable.

Re Max's walks, this might help a bit - The experts suggest s a ratio of five minutes exercise per month of age (up to twice a day) until the puppy is fully grown e.g. 15 minutes (up to twice a day) when 3 months old, 20 minutes when 4 months old and so on. Once they are fully grown, they can go out for much longer.

The reason for this is because their growth plates have not fused until fully grown. Over exercising when their bones are still soft can lead to all sorts of problems later such. Hopefully this will help take the pressure off you both a bit. Training and brain games will keep him happy and more exhausted than exercise too.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          Hi Molls. I am sorry the infection has not gone away. Illness that is longstanding is a horrible worry and must wreck Joes confidence to do things. Totally understandable.

Re Max's walks, this might help a bit - The experts suggest s a ratio of five minutes exercise per month of age (up to twice a day) until the puppy is fully grown e.g. 15 minutes (up to twice a day) when 3 months old, 20 minutes when 4 months old and so on. Once they are fully grown, they can go out for much longer.

The reason for this is because their growth plates have not fused until fully grown. Over exercising when their bones are still soft can lead to all sorts of problems later such. Hopefully this will help take the pressure off you both a bit. Training and brain games will keep him happy and more exhausted than exercise too.
                          He's 7 months old and apparently according to vet he's near full grown..(He's huge) so he said an hour and a bit over the day is fine for now..more when he's year old..think Joe wants to be confident he can take over the walking when I go back to work...the training exhausts us more than it exhausts Max...he just ignores us:thumbsup:
                          Thanks for the above..I clung to that when Joe was in hospital cos he was so bad on the lead I barely managed 15 mins...he's good on lead and harness now tho!
                          How are you?

Comment

The harness that we use is fantastic too. Casey is really strong on a collar but he walks by my side beautifully on a harness Big dogs dont finish growing until around 18 months although they do slow a bit

I am good thanks. I have the week off next week which will be nice. Still looking into early retirement. Its weird, as time goes by I just really have lost the inclination to work or "make a difference". It must be an age thing as I used to love it. It feels very freeing though. As does not spending any money on booze. Our needs are so simple and its wonderful I also have no inclination to dress up or wear anything other than jeans /shorts/walking trousers and an assortment of hoodies and t shirts. Or wear make up. I am turning into such a slob :haha:

Comment

I've completely lost interest in work too..partly cos it's so long since I was there..can see that I could carve out a grand wee life without it..but I'd grown fed up of it before all this anyway..all the bouncy over enthusiastic young ones lick arsing just wore me out..we had a grand wee cohort of us aul wans (50+) but we got scattered to different workplaces a while back and it's just so different..
                              Deffo an age thing for me...how long more will you do?

Comment

Well, if any ageism shite creeps in I am going immediately. I have worked out that if it hits the fan I could just about manage on my savings until I take a pension in 2 years. We will be a bit skint but will be able to pay our bills. So if all goes smoothly it will be in 2 years and if not I will skiddadle earlier. What are your thoughts? Its the same for me, they are mainly young and quick. I need to take my time and dont like any stress or pressure. Luckily I work alone and dont really fit into a team so that really helps. The thing that will send me off is if they change that and try and get me to fit in somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X